Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 508 Discussion / 509 Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 508 Discussion / 509 Predictions

It was good to see Takeda release his ki in such a manner. I've enjoyed this fight, and I'm excited about the conclusion. Takeda has undoubtedly made vast strides in terms of his ability, I'm confident that he's going to finish Lugh off.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSD Kenichi Spoiler Thread

I'm not exactly pleased Takeda released his sei ki before Kenichi. This feels really random and out of place considering we've only just been introduced to the notion of sei ki a few chapters ago. I don't think Takeda was taught how to release his sei ki yet by James Shiba because if that was the case he would used it a long time ago against Lugh. I feel as if Matsuena is pulling our leg here.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Sei ki or not he's still not going to able to use his prized broken left arm. He's in trouble.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Introduction of Sei ki seems like being use in this arc most characters suddenly releasing not that I don't like it but I hope it will not be that common..
    I want Takeda to win but I like how his opponent fight so I don't want him just to phase out after this.. But I want to see the fight of Kenichi and Berserker I really want to know what Berserker powers are

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn that Kensei, even though he said he'd not interfere, he made a sneaky move. In his defense, he seems to truly care about his disciples. Would like for Shiba to appear, I theorized before that he would fight Kensei.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, takeda releasing his ki in the middle of battle was unexpected. Taking in consideration he is a sei type I would have never expected rage to be a trigger for the release of ki. Sei is about condensing your ki and reading your enemy's movements, you need a cool head for it. I wonder then if perhaps takeda is similar to akira. When akira fought junazad he got really angry at junazad's taunt of sho's death. At that time his anger made him even more fierce and somehow more level headed, it is different from a blinding rage.

Anyways, ki as we have seen through rimi and miu is extremely significant in regards to fighting your enemy. Rimi has at every turn been outclassed by miu however the release of her dou ki actually gave her an overwhelming edge over miu until miu released her own ki. In this particular regard I would think that takeda releasing her ki does make him superior to all of his peers who have yet to release their ki, including kenichi. Takeda just now took a huge step as a martial artist and it is quite surprising that he got there before good old kenichi. Kenichi as a martial artist should have already been where takeda currently is. Kenichi started way earlier his extraordinary training and by all intents and purposes has better and more dedicated masters. He is not in miu's situation either who actually had her grandfather holding her training back or a dangerous ki to learn how to control (at least if there are risks to sei ki they will be different from dou). It can't quite be that takeda is in more danger than what kenichi has been before as kenichi has fought way more battles against at least equally dangerous foes (sho kano would have killed him 3 seconds into the fight if kenichi hadn't had the vest and ethan went for the kill at every second during the fight for instance). Even rage wouldn't quite explain it as kenichi has been given more than enough reason to be angry before. Perhaps the difference is takeda's determination to martial arts? Unlike kenichi takeda actually enjoys combat and seeks stronger rivals to match up against (kenichi is the only one in the manga that deep down does not seek for opportunities to test his skills) or perhaps it is the fact that takeda is in fact more talented than kenichi. Or maybe takeda simply has a special talent for ki. Or maybe kenichi and takeda just now reached a level where they could actually release their ki.

I do wonder if seigfried has already released his ki. Takeda got the same eyes with light apparently coming out of them like we have seen countless times with the masters. In turn seigfried already had eyes like that at least since the DoD. Perhaps the reason seigfried seemed so much stronger than his enemies was that he had already released his ki all that way back? Anyways an interesting point here is that perhaps there is greater significance in the thing that comes out of ki user's eyes. Sakaki and other dou ki users generally have shown the straight light of beam however miu's ki seems to create a round effect around her eyes. Perhaps the round effect rather than the more common one is the result of a lack of control over ki or particularly murderous intent? Perhaps as miu will show the same effect as the masters only when she has truly mastered the control of her ki.

I do wonder what the particular effect of activating sei ki will be. Dou ki releases ki thanks to rage, it makes it explode. Miu compared the fist of a dou ki user to a steel pipe if I recall. Perhaps since dou ki users release ki seemingly uncontrollably the ultimate effect is more along the lines of making their fists like a missile, kinda like adding momentum. In turn since a sei user stores up ki the effect will be more along the lines of making the fist seem harder or perhaps heavier.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 508 Discussion / 509 Predictions

I moved posts from the spoiler discussion to here.

Well...Takeda releasing his ki was kind of cool. And again, I get the feeling this fight might end up with a draw so that Shiba can help Takeda perfect his moves/teach him new ones; same thing for Lugh.
    Last edited by Zatono; February 01, 2013 at 12:21 PM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 508 Discussion / 509 Predictions

I just hope this whole ki release thing is not a setup for lugh to have a rematch against takeda. Lugh was already said to be the one disciple whose ki will be closest to master once it is properly awakened(although I wouldn't be surprised in the least if miu's ki was actually greate. If anything it would be surprising if it wasn't). It seems only natural that lugh would want a rematch against takeda once his ki awakens.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Takeda is too good to believe i think lugh's master is interfering too much with the duel. Takeda will win this baTTTLE LOOL what will happen if he wins will lugh's master kidnap him as his next experiment lool it is jokes

EPIC Takeda SHOULD WRAP THIS UP IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. this duel between them is taking too long

Takeda to win

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lost0's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Matsuena isn't setting this up to be another draw, The fight is cool and all but I don't think no wants to really see takeda fight lugh for a 3rd .

And I don't really see how takeda is releasing his sei ki. All he basically did was get angry(which is a way to use dou ki), If he was a dou style martial artist I could believe it but he's not so Matsuena is kinda pulling random bs.

But hopefully this fight ends next chapter so we can see the rest of the fights. I'm really interested in the Kushinada Style Juijitsu, It looks really cool so far.

And does anyone else feel like Kenichi hasn't been getting any spotlight lately ? And I don't really see how Berserker is even on Kenichi's level right now

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the idea is a bit awkward however it is not entirely nonsensical. Its kinda like how sei ki is not restricted to defensive fighting and dou ki is not restricted to offensive fighting. We have seen ma and akisame get very angry in their fights through the manga and even then it does not seem to have an effect on their ki. In turn sakaki benefited from starting out with a defensive position and akira benefited from using an offensive position. Akira even gets more focused (which is key to being a sei user) when angered which even gave junazad a slight scare. To boot its not like takeda was not using sei ki before, he was just using a fraction of it like most disciples do. In this particular case anger simply triggered takeda releasing all of his available ki. Perhaps he is much like akira and anger for takeda works to the advantage of his own sei ki. To a huge degree it does seem like a lot of aspects of martial arts in the manga are very relative to each individual so the situation would be that for takeda as an individual anger works to his advantage. Or perhaps the situation can be compared to the time when kenichi faced that french master a while ago. Ecleir (or something, I cannot remember) actually mistook kenichi's ki for sakaki's even though kenichi is a sei user and sakaki a dou user.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the idea is a bit awkward however it is not entirely nonsensical. Its kinda like how sei ki is not restricted to defensive fighting and dou ki is not restricted to offensive fighting. We have seen ma and akisame get very angry in their fights through the manga and even then it does not seem to have an effect on their ki. In turn sakaki benefited from starting out with a defensive position and akira benefited from using an offensive position. Akira even gets more focused (which is key to being a sei user) when angered which even gave junazad a slight scare. To boot its not like takeda was not using sei ki before, he was just using a fraction of it like most disciples do. In this particular case anger simply triggered takeda releasing all of his available ki. Perhaps he is much like akira and anger for takeda works to the advantage of his own sei ki. To a huge degree it does seem like a lot of aspects of martial arts in the manga are very relative to each individual so the situation would be that for takeda as an individual anger works to his advantage. Or perhaps the situation can be compared to the time when kenichi faced that french master a while ago. Ecleir (or something, I cannot remember) actually mistook kenichi's ki for sakaki's even though kenichi is a sei user and sakaki a dou user.
    True, but the problem I'm having with that is that Akira and Takeda are totally different. I mean I just don't understand how he have been taught to only use his ki without knowing it but now he can release all it now is random. I mean if it was that easy why hasn't kenichi released his already( It sure would've came in handy)

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lost0 View Post
    True, but the problem I'm having with that is that Akira and Takeda are totally different. I mean I just don't understand how he have been taught to only use his ki without knowing it but now he can release all it now is random. I mean if it was that easy why hasn't kenichi released his already( It sure would've came in handy)
    Well, as far as we know all the disciples have been using their ki for a decent while now. Comments of kenichi's ki have been made as early as his first encounter with ryuto. Miu was using actual dou ki long before the actual release of it. Ryusui seikuken is a extreme sei technique and up to know takeda and kenichi have used it without their sei ki being activated. Lugh phrased things very interestingly today: "He's also only using a portion of his ki". I guess the situation is that disciples only consciously use a small fraction of their ki however actually using the full extent of it requires the activation we have seen thrice now. Perhaps this makes more sense if we consider takeda was already compressing his ki like any other sei user, anger was simply the push for him to release all of his ki.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

What I still can't get around is just what effect sei ki will have in the battle. We saw the effect of dou, miu was repelled and overpowered by rimi's ki. What about lugh now that he has to face an awakened sei user? Sei ki works intrinsically different from dou so lugh being repelled actually wouldn't make sense. I can see two ways in which lugh will see this. The first is that he will feel like he is fighting a wall. Sei ki compresses ki inward so as I mentioned before it creating the sensation of weight would make sense. Perhaps lugh will be unable to budge takeda's ki thus making his locks useless? It is a bit extreme however we also saw rimi easily overpowering miu so the idea is not that far out there considering that the difference between takeda and lugh appears to be less significant than the difference between miu and rimi to begin with. Alternatively perhaps lugh will bound off. If takeda is like "heavy" so to speak then him being able to bounce back attacks is not that far fetched. Sei is sometimes related to the rock that does not budge in the river so the idea fits nicely. Perhaps we will see an improvement of takeda's sensing. Even learning seikuken had an effect on kenichi and his ability to perceive his surroundings, perhaps an actual release of sei ki would come along with being able to read the enemy's ki better. If that is the case then perhaps lugh will lose a bit of the edge his ki sensing gave him.

I wonder if chikage already released her sei ki. Overall she seems to be using sei based techniques and faints like her master so it would kinda make sense if she was already there. Kisara has already shown something akin to dou ki release so perhaps the actual release of her ki will save her but.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, as far as we know all the disciples have been using their ki for a decent while now. Comments of kenichi's ki have been made as early as his first encounter with ryuto. Miu was using actual dou ki long before the actual release of it. Ryusui seikuken is a extreme sei technique and up to know takeda and kenichi have used it without their sei ki being activated. Lugh phrased things very interestingly today: "He's also only using a portion of his ki". I guess the situation is that disciples only consciously use a small fraction of their ki however actually using the full extent of it requires the activation we have seen thrice now. Perhaps this makes more sense if we consider takeda was already compressing his ki like any other sei user, anger was simply the push for him to release all of his ki.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

What I still can't get around is just what effect sei ki will have in the battle. We saw the effect of dou, miu was repelled and overpowered by rimi's ki. What about lugh now that he has to face an awakened sei user? Sei ki works intrinsically different from dou so lugh being repelled actually wouldn't make sense. I can see two ways in which lugh will see this. The first is that he will feel like he is fighting a wall. Sei ki compresses ki inward so as I mentioned before it creating the sensation of weight would make sense. Perhaps lugh will be unable to budge takeda's ki thus making his locks useless? It is a bit extreme however we also saw rimi easily overpowering miu so the idea is not that far out there considering that the difference between takeda and lugh appears to be less significant than the difference between miu and rimi to begin with. Alternatively perhaps lugh will bound off. If takeda is like "heavy" so to speak then him being able to bounce back attacks is not that far fetched. Sei is sometimes related to the rock that does not budge in the river so the idea fits nicely. Perhaps we will see an improvement of takeda's sensing. Even learning seikuken had an effect on kenichi and his ability to perceive his surroundings, perhaps an actual release of sei ki would come along with being able to read the enemy's ki better. If that is the case then perhaps lugh will lose a bit of the edge his ki sensing gave him.

I wonder if chikage already released her sei ki. Overall she seems to be using sei based techniques and faints like her master so it would kinda make sense if she was already there. Kisara has already shown something akin to dou ki release so perhaps the actual release of her ki will save her but.

I agree with you on the effects on the sei ki. I think releasing it might be like pushing your senses to the extreme and enter a mode when you can see through your opponents movements easily instead of feeling them out like a dou fighter.

And imo I think Chikage should be able to release her sei ki by now since the basis of her style is using your ki

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was interesting.

Still, I didn't like the fact that Takeda managed to release his Sei Ki that fast. I just can't comprehend such a logic. Several Arcs ago he was close to useless and now he already manages not only to fight a Yomi close to a draw, but also release his Ki faster than most of his peers and especially before Kenichi. I actually though that Kenichi would achieve it in this Arc and thus will become way stronger than all of his peers again, but now... I don't really know how to feel about such a power-up for Takeda. Even though his most powerful weapon - his left hand is broken and he is wounded and lost a considerable ammount of blood, he still can win or at least achieve a draw if he manages to propperly use his awakened Ki...

Still, I think Kenichi will need to release his Ki as well as it seems that Berserker doesn't have any problems with him so far. For now Berserker's fighting style seems to be based on countering any moves of his opponents. So for now it would be quite difficult for Kenichi and we should also not forget that Berserker also has his Berserk mode that he can still use. So Kenichi might need his Ki to be released. But well... We don't know what's going to happen. I only hope that not all of Shinpaku Alliance members will have their Ki released in this Arc. Otherwise it won't be that special. Of couse at some point all of them will have to release it, but not now.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you underestimate ki release a little. Kensei specifically told lugh that he had to win before takeda got control over his ki or he would lose all chance of winning. Basically the one on the clock and the one about to be clobbered is lugh, not takeda. The tables turned completely in an instant. In regards to takeda activating his sei ki I guess the issue is that unlike good old kenichi, who does not have a speck of talent and is barely getting by because his 6 super master class masters are giving him a training which even a yomi would envy, takeda does have considerable amounts of talent and a tenacity and perhaps love for martial arts which kenichi cannot even grasp or comprehend.

Well, ki release would definitely give kenichi an edge however I don't think that what we have seen suggests kenichi needs the release to win. Overall he has fared pretty well against berserker and most of his fights usually have him at an even greater disadvantage. As far as releasing ki though, I would argue that berserker is the one who would likely release it in the middle of battle. Usually it takes kenichi a lot longer than to his peers to figure out stuff or at least he usually takes an embarrassingly long amount of time to actually enjoy the full extent of what his masters teach him( for instance, he barely started to enjoy the benefits of his super training during his first fight with boris). Berserker is the one more likely to figure out ki in the middle of battle as a natural response to deal with whatever kenichi throws at him (kinda like how he just used a tiny but strong seikuken).

My guess is that the arc is going to set things up so that at least some of the shinpaku guys will get on the way to release their ki. With miu, rimi and takeda awakening their ki they simply are too far ahead of the rest. If the others want to keep up then I don't see what alternatives they have. If rimi actually gave miu a beating solely based on activation of dou ki then it wouldn't be strange that takeda is not actually more than capable of giving his peers a beating. I do think a big part of a ki training session will have to deal with the consequences of activating ki. Dou ki has been shown to make you go crazy in battle, perhaps sei ki being the opposite makes it difficult for the user to take initiative in battle.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast