Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HSDK Chapter 508 Discussion / 509 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 508 Discussion / 509 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kkck
    [Takeda] was in fact able to use RS before fully releasing his ki.
    Yes but its incomplete. He has poor control of it. Its "shallow" and inconsistent. And dude you are completely missing my point. I don't care about fully released ki. If having access to large reserves of ki meant that you are instantly the winner in every fight in the HSDK universe then there would be no point in all the training any of them are doing.
    Takeda has gotten stronger in this fight? True. He suddenly.gained access to some new incredible power? True. He has control over it? False. Control guarantees a win? False. Fully activated ki automatically elevates him to the position of the strongest amongst the disciples? False. He can fully activate his ki at will now to access that incredible game-changing power? FALSE. He needs to learn control now (which according to Ogata he doesn't have yet). We'll see what Lugh does in the next chapter. I suspect a draw again. And even if one of them does win I foresee some long and thuroughly terrifying training ahead so that Takeda can do it again (if he survives).
    Of course I don't really care about this fight. I want to see the Miu-Rimi fight, the Odin-Freya conversation, and the Berserker-Kenichi fight. Maybe not necessarily in that order.
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 508 Discussion / 509 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbear View Post
    Yes but its incomplete. He has poor control of it. Its "shallow" and inconsistent. And dude you are completely missing my point. I don't care about fully released ki. If having access to large reserves of ki meant that you are instantly the winner in every fight in the HSDK universe then there would be no point in all the training any of them are doing.
    Takeda has gotten stronger in this fight? True. He suddenly.gained access to some new incredible power? True. He has control over it? False. Control guarantees a win? False. Fully activated ki automatically elevates him to the position of the strongest amongst the disciples? False. He can fully activate his ki at will now to access that incredible game-changing power? FALSE. He needs to learn control now (which according to Ogata he doesn't have yet). We'll see what Lugh does in the next chapter. I suspect a draw again. And even if one of them does win I foresee some long and thuroughly terrifying training ahead so that Takeda can do it again (if he survives).
    Of course I don't really care about this fight. I want to see the Miu-Rimi fight, the Odin-Freya conversation, and the Berserker-Kenichi fight. Maybe not necessarily in that order.
    What does the completion of the RS have to do with anything? The manga has never hinted at you needing a fully released ki to use ki related techniques. I would argue takeda's version being inconsistent because it was copied and he was unable to copy the finer details of it. Kenichi in turn was taught the full technique by the man himself. Obviously there would be a difference.

As far as controlling the ki I would argue the manga has not yet given us the information to properly determine whether the stuff you mention is true or false. For all we know takeda will be able to release his ki easily from now on. The opposite is plausible but the manga has not quite elaborated on it. Worth mentioning, control of ki was never actually mentioned during rimi's training and when the elder finally decided to release miu's dou ki he didn't start with control but rather ma's muscle training. I would also argue you are taking the last bit ogata said about takeda's ki out of context. Ogata said that if takeda gets a hold of his ki before lugh finishes him off lugh will lose every opportunity of winning. In this regard takeda getting control over his ki is about in mere moments. Even if the finer points of ki release control might require further training (lets remember, takeda was using sei before now and lugh has not yet released his ki either) the general points are something which the user can control rather soon, soon enough for lugh's deadline to winning the fight is takeda getting a hold of his new power.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3