Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Light Novel Hangout Thread

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Light Novel Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Same! I can imagine Sawashiro voicing Mari and Namikawa voicing Mikihiko.
    Sawashiro would be a perfect Mari! I also could imagine Koshimizu playing that role. Saito Chiwa would be the perfect Saegusa. I have not read enough, Mikihiko has not yet been introduced.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering but do you all read the manga adaptations to light novels or just stick with the light novels? I did try to read the mahouka manga, but it felt like something was missing in going from the LN to the manga.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Just wondering but do you all read the manga adaptations to light novels or just stick with the light novels? I did try to read the mahouka manga, but it felt like something was missing in going from the LN to the manga.
    No Game No Life and Mahouka are the first light novels I have really read. I used to read the manga of Index, before the first season of the anime came out. I never read the novels, so that does not really count. Reading the manga after reading the novel seems a little redundant. I'm not going to bother with the manga of Mahouka, once I catch up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I read Mahouka manga before reading the LN. I don't read Index manga, but I do read the spinoff with Mikoto.

It seems a new manga will be created for each arcs in Mahouka. A new one started recently, it is about the Nine Schools Competition arc.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_23.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I read Mahouka manga before reading the LN. I don't read Index manga, but I do read the spinoff with Mikoto.
    I don't really count Railgun as an adaption. It's a spin-off, with (mostly) new content and characters. The Index manga was actually well done. I'm not sure how much they would add for something, like you, who is caught up with the novels.

Quote Quote:
    It seems a new manga will be created for each arcs in Mahouka. A new one started recently, it is about the Nine Schools Competition arc.
    Dengeki is not messing around with Mahouka. They seem to have every intention of making it the next Index, or Sword Art Online. There are five manga that I know of. The Enrollment Chapter, Nine Schools Competition, Yokohama Disturbance, an alternate version from Miyuki's point of view, and whathever this is. I think the original is just retitled every time a new arc starts, but I'm not sure.

---------- Post added December 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was December 14, 2013 at 04:39 PM ----------

Baka-Tsuki translated the first chapter of Tokyo Ravens. Hopefully it is a full project, not a teaser. They have not even posted volume art yet.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes yaoi ravens LN being translated. I hope its a full project as well. Its one of my favorite LN adaptations so far and one I definitely want to read. WIshlisted it and will check out once I get caught up on Mahouka either tonight or early tomorrow morning No game no Life as well if its not incredibly ecchi.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also added it to my wishlist. I will start reading after they have translated the first volume.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Tokyo Ravens is good? I read a short synopsis, but sounds the same youkai story of always.
    I can put it in my list if it has something interesting to show.

I'm entering in the world of Light Novels even more, my list has 5~6 titles already. If I had more time, I would read more than on at once. XD
    I added Spice & Wolf in my list, it is a very renowned story.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Tokyo Ravens is good? I read a short synopsis, but sounds the same youkai story of always.
    I can put it in my list if it has something interesting to show.
    I like the anime. The story is a nice balance of action, comedy, school, and friends. The characters are really memorable, especially the leads. The ranobe was near the top of my untranslated novel wishlist. Chapter two was translated earlier this evening, more reason for optimism.

Quote Quote:
    I'm entering in the world of Light Novels even more, my list has 5~6 titles already. If I had more time, I would read more than on at once. XD
    I added Spice & Wolf in my list, it is a very renowned story.
    I'm getting more and more into them. I finished my first ranobe yesterday, Rememberence for a Certain Pilot. Very good, and only a volume long. Kind of an old fashioned romantic adventure about social injustice, prejudice, class systems, and forbidden love. I would definitely recommend reading it. I'll watch the anime movie adaption tomorrow.

Mahouka is so long, I'm going to take breaks between arcs. If they continue translating, I will read Tokyo Ravens after finishing the Nine Schools Competition.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I like the anime. The story is a nice balance of action, comedy, school, and friends. The characters are really memorable, especially the leads. The ranobe was near the top of my untranslated novel wishlist. Chapter two was translated earlier this evening, more reason for optimism.
    Well, I'll put this in my list, then. Since it doesn't have many chapters translated, I'll put in the end. If it really got translated in the future, I'll read it.

Quote Quote:
    I'm getting more and more into them. I finished my first ranobe yesterday, Rememberence for a Certain Pilot. Very good, and only a volume long. Kind of an old fashioned romantic adventure about social injustice, prejudice, class systems, and forbidden love. I would definitely recommend reading it. I'll watch the anime movie adaption tomorrow.

Mahouka is so long, I'm going to take breaks between arcs. If they continue translating, I will read Tokyo Ravens after finishing the Nine Schools Competition.
    Just one volume? Another one that I'll put in my list, but this one I'll read soon. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm taking a break of Sword Art Online right now, I'll also take a break of Accel World soon to read Mahouka. Alternate between the novels seems a good way to read them all when you don't have much time. XD
    Last edited by Leoat12; December 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Well, I'll put this in my list, then. Since it doesn't have many chapters translated, I'll put in the end. If it really got translated in the future, I'll read it.
    It's a good in between Mahouka arcs project for me. I'm saving anything with more than one volume translated until after I've caught up Mahouka.

Quote Quote:
    Just one volume? Another one that I'll put in my list, but this one I'll read soon. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm taking a break of Sword Art Online right now, I'll also take a break of Accel World soon to read Mahouka. Alternate between the novels seems a good way to read them all when you don't have much time. XD
    SAO is going to be one of my big projects after Mahouka. I'm debating whether to start that, or Index next. Probably SAO, since it's a little shorter. If something else presents itself, both could get delayed, but as of right now those are next on my list.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Here's my wishlist, if you're interested:

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Kai...atus=6&order=0

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

SAO has 13 volumes, but it is really light to read, I think you will enjoy it after Mahouka, which seems a very heavy reading. After GGO I really don't know how SAO story goes, but I think that volume 7 is a separeted story, volume 8 is side stories volume and after this it has a big arc with various volumes. I think you can begin with SAO and take a break after volume 8 if you feel necessity. It is just an advice, though.
    I'll read volume 7 and 8 soon, probably before Mahouka.

I'll take look in your list later.
    Last edited by Leoat12; December 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thirteen volumes, but volume thirteen has not been translated yet. A lot depends on what type of story I am in the mood for after Mahouka. If I'm in the mood for more action, either SAO or Index. There are so many series I'd like to read. It's so fun being a noob again. The possibilities seem endless. The fun thing about ranobe is how many are turned into anime. I'm interested in reading the original of many anime that I have seen. Oda Nobuna no Yabou and Kaminai are high on my list, too.

On his profile page Teh Ping, a translator for BT and Heretic, seems to be hinting that Black Bullet will become a full project later this month. "Black Bullet (December 2013, Baka-Tsuki exclusive)." I really hope so. Black Bullet is top of my list for titles I want translated. An anime will be out in April, and the story looks really good.
    Last edited by Kaiten; December 25, 2013 at 01:54 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I too will start black bullet then. Just cant grt in the mood for SAO v5

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Thirteen volumes, but volume thirteen has not been translated yet. A lot depends on what type of story I am in the mood for after Mahouka. If I'm in the mood for more action, either SAO or Index. There are so many series I'd like to read. It's so fun being a noob again. The possibilities seem endless. The fun thing about ranobe is how many are turned into anime. I'm interested in reading the original of many anime that I have seen. Oda Nobuna no Yabou and Kaminai are high on my list, too.

On his profile page Teh Ping, a translator for BT and Heretic, seems to be hinting that Black Bullet will become a full project later this month. "Black Bullet (December 2013, Baka-Tsuki exclusive)." I really hope so. Black Bullet is top of my list for titles I want translated. An anime will be out in April, and the story looks really good.
    SAO is more romance than action. XD
    But, I think they will stop to translate SAO soon because Yen Press will be releasing this. I want to buy, but even so, it will start since the beginning and wait for the new stories is boring.
    Being a noob again? hahahaha I'm also adding novel of anime that I watched like Baka to Test and Kokoro Connect. Sword Art Online was this case as well, watch the anime and read the original afterward opens your mind.

Black Bullet? I will research about it.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast