Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Light Novel Hangout Thread

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Light Novel Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm darj and I read SAO and Durarara!! Anyone else? \o/
    I read that as well

Why not try Baccano? It's cool and it has the same author with Durarara!!

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about watching the anime for two years, but I never got around to it somehow... it's possible I'll pick it up as novels when I catch up with DRRR... have you seen the anime? Should I watch it first?

ex oriente lux

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    I've been thinking about watching the anime for two years, but I never got around to it somehow... it's possible I'll pick it up as novels when I catch up with DRRR... have you seen the anime? Should I watch it first?
    You should start, it's awesome and I personally prefer Baccano over DRRR!. Yes, I recommend you to watch the anime first. It lasts only 12 episodes if I'm not mistaken so it does not cover every plot which has been presented in the novel, but it's a time well spent.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Need a Steins;Gate thread. But anyways, this is a question for anyone in the know...
    I bought the two books (Part1 and Part2) of S;G that is based on the anime (I haven't finished them yet, but it seems that way.)
    If I'm not mistaken, I think I have seen other volumes as well. What story lines are the others based on?

EDIT: Anyways, I haven't made the thread myself because I'm really confused as to how many books there are.

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Need a Steins;Gate thread. But anyways, this is a question for anyone in the know...
    I bought the two books (Part1 and Part2) of S;G that is based on the anime (I haven't finished them yet, but it seems that way.)
    If I'm not mistaken, I think I have seen other volumes as well. What story lines are the others based on?

EDIT: Anyways, I haven't made the thread myself because I'm really confused as to how many books there are.
    Hmm, I'm curious, does the title is only written as "Steins;Gate" or is there any words following behind it? I'm not particularly sure how many Steins;Gate LNs out there, but if we're using manga adaptation as comparison, there must be some spinoff with different POVs of the same storyline, or just gag in nature.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Hmm, I'm curious, does the title is only written as "Steins;Gate" or is there any words following behind it? I'm not particularly sure how many Steins;Gate LNs out there, but if we're using manga adaptation as comparison, there must be some spinoff with different POVs of the same storyline, or just gag in nature.
    Not sure :/ I didn't plan on buying the S;G actually, I was looking for something else, and got the S;G on a whim, so I didn't take a thorough look when I had the chance. But now that you've mentioned, you could be right on both guesses, because I did vaguely remember the cover being very character(s) specific.

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure :/ I didn't plan on buying the S;G actually, I was looking for something else, and got the S;G on a whim, so I didn't take a thorough look when I had the chance. But now that you've mentioned, you could be right on both guesses, because I did vaguely remember the cover being very character(s) specific.
    It's highly likely that it's a spinoff. Have you watch/play Steins?do you know the name of the character?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's highly likely that it's a spinoff. Have you watch/play Steins?do you know the name of the character?
    I watched it a while after it came out. Okarin quickly becomes one of my favourite male leads ever. Daru, too, was close to the same level. It's even funnier he speaks in Internet lingo in everyday life Though some people may criticise the accuracy of the physics portrayed, I don't find it any less entertaining at all (I major in Physics myself lol.)

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Oh wait I just understood what you meant when you asked me the names. If I remembered correctly, it was Makise for at least one of them, on a plain white background.

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched it a while after it came out. Okarin quickly becomes one of my favourite male leads ever. Daru, too, was close to the same level. It's even funnier he speaks in Internet lingo in everyday life Though some people may criticise the accuracy of the physics portrayed, I don't find it any less entertaining at all (I major in Physics myself lol.)

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Oh wait I just understood what you meant when you asked me the names. If I remembered correctly, it was Makise for at least one of them, on a plain white background.
    It's difficult when you're watching something related to what you're good at, because there will always be a misrepresentation of something

Well I'm still thinking it's likely a mere spin off.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's difficult when you're watching something related to what you're good at, because there will always be a misrepresentation of something

Well I'm still thinking it's likely a mere spin off.
    S;G is one of the rare occasions I can successfully tell my brain, "Physics, shut off!"

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

S;G is one of the rare occasions I can successfully tell my brain, "Physics, shut off!"
    Surely you mean Robotics;Notes those raining monopoles...

---------- Post added October 29, 2013 at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was October 24, 2013 at 09:22 AM ----------

There is never no greater feeling than waking up and checking your lists and realizing that another volume of ones favorite light novel was updated. In any event highly excited to finally read through volume 10 of Mahouka, its probably my favorite of the few light novels Ive encountered so far.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My new favorite toy: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lnreader&hl=en

I installed it on my phone yesterday. A new way to waste time at work

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Im guessing youre a Chiba Erika fan? Really memorable character.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Im guessing youre a Chiba Erika fan? Really memorable character.
    I am. She and Mari are my favorite girls, so far. That is subject to change, I only just started volume two today. Tatsuya is my overall favorite character. I am already fanboying that Nakamura will be playing him. I could not think of a better seiyuu for the part. I picture Taneda Risa (Himeragi in Strike the Blood, Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) playing Erika, and Ryota playing Leo.
    Last edited by Kaiten; December 07, 2013 at 10:52 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I am. She and Mari are my favorite girls, so far. That is subject to change, I only just started volume two today. Tatsuya is my overall favorite character. I am already fanboying that Nakamura will be playing him. I could not think of a better seiyuu for the part. I picture Taneda Risa (Himeragi in Strike the Blood, Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) playing Erika, and Ryota playing Leo.
    Same! I can imagine Sawashiro voicing Mari and Namikawa voicing Mikihiko.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_24.gif

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast