Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Light Novel Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Light Novel Hangout Thread

About SAO, is it really that good? I know LNs tend to be better in the latter volumes but I have been so disappointed by the anime that I am afraid to start it.

And does anyone know if a team is translating Clockwork Planet?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_23.gif

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It is good as romance, put it in mind, it is the main genre of SAO. The light novel is better than the anime, although they were very faithful in the first part. I have the feeling that you can understand everything much better in the light novel than in the anime, there is things that the anime couldn't adapt.

It's easire if you say what you don't like in the anime. That way I can talk more properly.
    Last edited by Leoat12; February 15, 2014 at 02:36 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    It is good as romance, put it in mind, it is the main genre of SAO. The light novel is better than the anime, although they were very faithful in the first part. I have the feeling that you can understand everything much better in the light novel than in the anime, there is things that the anime couldn't adapt.

It's easire if you say what you don't like in the anime. That way I can talk more properly.
    -The first arc was good but the Kirino-Asuna duo became boring and annoying when they decided to became a couple.
    -ALO was just terrible...
    Last edited by Demonspeed; February 15, 2014 at 03:50 PM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_23.gif

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    -The first arc was good but the Kirino-Asuna duo became boring and annoying when they decided to became a couple.
    -ALO was just terrible...
    It's really hard to tell anything because you just don't like of the main point of the story. I disagree about both, ALO judgement specially, it was weaker than SAO, but not bad.
    Even so, I recommend the reading of the novel, you can change your mind with more detailed informations provided by it.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In terms of writing, Sword Art Online felt more refined and better in volumes 3 and 4 as it seemed that he managed to graduate from being an amatuer writer to having more experience. ALO was way more detailed, with better characterization and realistic human expression. The one arc not adapted into the anime in that ALO was excellent narrative, action, and detailed wise.

I think he contiued to improve even into v5 and so on, just that reading about gun warfare is a bit less interesting in terms of types of games that holds back the GGO arc for me.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I think he contiued to improve even into v5 and so on, just that reading about gun warfare is a bit less interesting in terms of types of games that holds back the GGO arc for me.
    SAO just improves, indeed. GGO is quite good, the fact that it is about guns doesn't decrease the emotion, on the contrary, GGO was the game with more action and strategy. Kirito's awesomeness is on its high level, too.
    Try it and you will like it. ^^

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

highschool dxd spoilers

Do you think that ise's parents are acting clueless on purpose. If spoilers are true with self proclaimed angel girl and parents that there are important. The fact that use has a longinous, the school homes two airs and a Satan on the doorstep. Does this mean that ise's parents have a secret if so what.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This light novel, Mokushiroku Arisu , sounds pretty good I made start reading it.
    Quote Quote:
    --- Now, let's kill the girl and save the world!

The world has been shattered. As a result of the most dreadful of diseases that afflicts only girls --- the 《Labyrinth Disease》. That's why the students are taking lessons. Lessons for the purpose of killing the girl. Learning magic, obtaining the map of the labyrinth, forming teams, and studying the weakness of the girl...... The time limit is 6 hours. If the girl isn't killed within that time, then the world gets destroyed.

"I have no interest in the world at all so please spare me. Frankly, it's really suffocating." Together with the one who said these words, the most horrible protagonist in history, enter the world of whizzing magic and surging youth.

A school fantasy in labyrinth raiding, begins here!
    From the writer of Seraph of the End and The Legend of the Legendary Heroes and art by the artist and designer of Blazblue characters.
    Last edited by SharkBait; March 15, 2014 at 06:52 PM.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5