Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

  1. #16
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    If age mattered, then the whole Jinchuuriki concept would fail. But as we seen via Naruto, Gaara, and Kirabi, as long as the host is compatible with them, the Bijuu can be sealed within them. Remember, the Kyuubi wasn't just sealed in Kushina by just her chakra. There was an external seal too.
    Naruto and Gaara are the only examples of babies being made into Jinchuriki. Bee was 8-12 years old as was Kushina when they were made Jinchuriki.
    Biju sealed in him.

    I by age, I meant the age that their chakra chains would be effective to suppress the Kyuubi, which isn't something they do as Jinchuriki. The seal keeps the Biju suppressed, not the chakra chains while they are inside a human.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  2. #17
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    While your initial question is worth investigaing, I don't see why you are speculating about the cause of the destruction of the village. I think that when doing an investigation on something that is discussed in the manga, you should at least take into account the facts given in the manga. The least we can say from the manga is that Uzumaki village was destroyed because of their sealing Jutsu during the war. I doubt Kyuubi is the one who feared their Jutsu.

    Spoiler show


    At least, the destruction is a little bit explained in the manga, and you should not ignore this. Someone did the job, or maybe all the people who feared them did it. I am pretty sure the Hokages know the truth. My primary suspect is Danzou and his friends. I also think Raikages are involved as well, and with no offense, the Uchiha can also be possible author of the massacre (specifically Uchiha Madara after maybe losing to Hashimara his precious Kyuubi).

  3. #18
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Basically, it can be anyone. But I doubt it's Danzou. As twisted as he was portrayed, he always seemed to be the one who would do anything to make Konoha superior. He wanted power for that purpose and be on par with Hiruzen for what he has done for the village. Now, knowing that, Danzou wouldn't want to destroy a village Konoha is in good terms with.
    That's just speculation, though. Like I said, it can be anyone.

  4. #19
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Oh yeah, remember how madara called nagato? He's a senju. If he's an uzumaki according to obito then why hell madara called him a senju? There's something more for being a senju and uzumaki. Why would the konoha would dare to annihilate the uzumaki clan? Hiruzen must know that and so is minato. Or do you really think danzo and his lapdogs has the power to killed the entire uzumaki?

    And the konoha isn't responsible for the uchiha's annihilation. The konoha never sacrificed the uchiha for their own sake. T'was the uchiha who planned for a coup and t'was itachi and obito who killed them all. It only means that the uchiha clan are all arrogant bastards. The reason why itachi betrayed them is because their plan is useless and nonsense.
    the uzumaki are blood relatives of the senju, therefore related to the sage as the hyuuga are to the uchiha, which begs the question can they get they get the rinenngan

  5. #20
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    While your initial question is worth investigaing, I don't see why you are speculating about the cause of the destruction of the village. I think that when doing an investigation on something that is discussed in the manga, you should at least take into account the facts given in the manga. The least we can say from the manga is that Uzumaki village was destroyed because of their sealing Jutsu during the war. I doubt Kyuubi is the one who feared their Jutsu.

    Spoiler show


    At least, the destruction is a little bit explained in the manga, and you should not ignore this. Someone did the job, or maybe all the people who feared them did it. I am pretty sure the Hokages know the truth. My primary suspect is Danzou and his friends. I also think Raikages are involved as well, and with no offense, the Uchiha can also be possible author of the massacre (specifically Uchiha Madara after maybe losing to Hashimara his precious Kyuubi).
    Yes, but the Kyuubi is one of the few beings capable of wiping out an entire ninja village. Only a few ninja have shown the power capable of destroying an entire village in one shot, and most of them weren't alive during the time the Uzumaki clan was destroyed and scattered. Villages don't just fall apart like this, even Ame, which has been ravaged by 3 wars, and has now lost 3 separate leaders with Hanzou, Pain, and then Konan killed still stands to our knowledge.

    Also, simplying destroying a village would not force it's population to scatter, just look at Konoha. IMO, when a clan is exterminated, it is done so in it's entirety. Look at the Uchiha Clan, when Pain destroyed Hanzou and all those who allied with him, and the Kekkai Genkai Genocide in Kiri. Clans were destroyed completely with 1 or fewer survivors in every case. At the start of the manga, there were 4 Uzumaki's running around, not to mention Kushina and possibly others survived the destruction of the village.

    So, if they were indeed feared so much, wouldn't they have been exterminated with more prejudice?
    Last edited by Delbi; February 02, 2013 at 08:00 PM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  6. #21
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Naruto and Gaara are the only examples of babies being made into Jinchuriki. Bee was 8-12 years old as was Kushina when they were made Jinchuriki.
    Biju sealed in him.

    I by age, I meant the age that their chakra chains would be effective to suppress the Kyuubi, which isn't something they do as Jinchuriki. The seal keeps the Biju suppressed, not the chakra chains while they are inside a human.
    Well there's Yugito, who was two years old, and Onoki implied a young age was the norm. As long as their chakra is effective, then their chakra chains should be likewise. Now I guess if we're talking about her being able to actually manifest them, sure, but the overall effectiveness shouldn't be affected by age. And it looks like they both kept it suppressed, judging by Obito's actions.

  7. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    the uzumaki are blood relatives of the senju, therefore related to the sage as the hyuuga are to the uchiha, which begs the question can they get they get the rinenngan
    Yeah, the uzumaki are blood related to the senju. So the real question is, why madara called nagato as a senju and not an uzumaki?

  8. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    628
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Well, don't forget about Karin, either, apparently.

    So far, whatever remained has been scattered. Wouldn't be surprised if there were other refugees from Whirlpool spread around that will likely never make it into the story.
    Chapter 500 Review <--- My third Naruto chapter review!
    Spoiler show

  9. #24
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Naruto and Gaara are the only examples of babies being made into Jinchuriki. Bee was 8-12 years old as was Kushina when they were made Jinchuriki.
    Biju sealed in him.

    I by age, I meant the age that their chakra chains would be effective to suppress the Kyuubi, which isn't something they do as Jinchuriki. The seal keeps the Biju suppressed, not the chakra chains while they are inside a human.
    I am not vouching for a baby using chakra chain. However, it should be clear that the sealing technique is not passive. It is an active sealing that suppresses the Biju's power using the energy of the host. This is also evidenced by the fact that not anyone can be host. In fact, you must be born with a load of powerful chakra to be the host. The Biju will go berserk if he can break the seal easily.

    For Naruto to be the host, Minato had to cut Kyuubi's chakra in two. Naruto energy was what was keeping Kurama in prison. The prison, water, and everything you see inside Naruto is nothing but his energy being used to lock the Kyuubi. Here, Kushina explained that the energy of the host is used to power the seal, and that when the host is a woman, she has to direct this energy towards the baby during brith - making the seal weak.

    Spoiler show


    Taking this, and the fact that Kyuubi broke out at Naruto's birth, we could even say that the host has to be stronger than the tailed beast for the seal to work. By stronger energy-wise. We also saw that the seal start to open when Naruto start to use his own energy to perform his Jutsus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Basically, it can be anyone. But I doubt it's Danzou. As twisted as he was portrayed, he always seemed to be the one who would do anything to make Konoha superior. He wanted power for that purpose and be on par with Hiruzen for what he has done for the village. Now, knowing that, Danzou wouldn't want to destroy a village Konoha is in good terms with.
    That's just speculation, though. Like I said, it can be anyone.
    First, I am positive that Danzou did nothing for Konoha. Everything he did was for his own Konoha. I mean for himself to be the ruler of Konoha. Until now, everything Danzou did was negative for Konoha. Fact is that he knew Nagato was coming, yet he did not warn anyone. Second, Danzou saw Nagato was a threat, and killed his friend with the help of Hanzou. Konoha was fighting Hanzou while Danzou was working with him. The fact Danzou wanted to save his life before Sasuke was the evidence that he privileged himself than Konoha. Only, at the very last moment was he able to understand the meaning of being Hokage.


    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Yes, but the Kyuubi is one of the few beings capable of wiping out an entire ninja village. Only a few ninja have shown the power capable of destroying an entire village in one shot, and most of them weren't alive during the time the Uzumaki clan was destroyed and scattered. Villages don't just fall apart like this, even Ame, which has been ravaged by 3 wars, and has now lost 3 separate leaders with Hanzou, Pain, and then Konan killed still stands to our knowledge.

    Also, simplying destroying a village would not force it's population to scatter, just look at Konoha. IMO, when a clan is exterminated, it is done so in it's entirety. Look at the Uchiha Clan, when Pain destroyed Hanzou and all those who allied with him, and the Kekkai Genkai Genocide in Kiri. Clans were destroyed completely with 1 or fewer survivors in every case. At the start of the manga, there were 4 Uzumaki's running around, not to mention Kushina and possibly others survived the destruction of the village.

    So, if they were indeed feared so much, wouldn't they have been exterminated with more prejudice?
    First, I was trying to avoid being targeted by all the people who think I am trying to look superior. Now, I have to use my logic again, and I don't mean to look superior.

    Hashimara took Kyuubi from Madara many years before Kushina went to Konoha. From that time until Today, Kyuubi has been locked into a Jinchuriki.
    The village of the Uzumaki was destroyed when Kushina was in Konoha, meaning Kyuubi was inside her. So there is no way Kyuubi can be the one who destroyed the village.

    Uchiha Madara inside a Susanoo can do the job. The Uchiha clan can do the job. Danzou using Izanagi and Shisui eye along with the root aided by Hanzou can do the job. EVen a powerful uzumaki can do the Job.
    Last edited by so6pww; February 02, 2013 at 08:46 PM.

  10. #25
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    I am not vouching for a baby using chakra chain. However, it should be clear that the sealing technique is not passive. It is an active sealing that suppresses the Biju's power using the energy of the host. This is also evidenced by the fact that not anyone can be host. In fact, you must be born with a load of powerful chakra to be the host. The Biju will go berserk if he can break the seal easily.

    For Naruto to be the host, Minato had to cut Kyuubi's chakra in two. Naruto energy was what was keeping Kurama in prison. The prison, water, and everything you see inside Naruto is nothing but his energy being used to lock the Kyuubi. Here, Kushina explained that the energy of the host is used to power the seal, and that when the host is a woman, she has to direct this energy towards the baby during brith - making the seal weak.

    Spoiler show


    Taking this, and the fact that Kyuubi broke out at Naruto's birth, we could even say that the host has to be stronger than the tailed beast for the seal to work. By stronger energy-wise. We also saw that the seal start to open when Naruto start to use his own energy to perform his Jutsus.
    Not disagreeing with any of this. My point was that if the seal is passively powered by the host, a host who is old and dying, or a host who is extremely young would stand less of a chance to hold down the Kyuubi even if they had those special chakra chains.

    It is entirely possible fictional scenerio: While trying to move the Kyuubi from Mito to Kushina while in The Land of Whirlpool, they fell under attack interrupting the sealing process, killing Mito, and thus letting the Kyuubi free. Kushina being a child at the time, may not of had full control of her chakra chains and couldn't capture the Kyuubi by herself, thus the Kyuubi was destroying shit until it was sealed in her, at which time the village was in ruins.


    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    First, I was trying to avoid being targeted by all the people who think I am trying to look superior. Now, I have to use my logic again, and I don't mean to look superior.

    Hashimara took Kyuubi from Madara many years before Kushina went to Konoha. From that time until Today, Kyuubi has been locked into a Jinchuriki.
    The village of the Uzumaki was destroyed when Kushina was in Konoha, meaning Kyuubi was inside her. So there is no way Kyuubi can be the one who destroyed the village.
    The fact that Nagato, who is either a few years older, or younger than Kushina and Minato was born in Ame or at least lived there from a young age during the Second Ninja War means The Land of Whirlpool was destroyed prior to the 2nd Ninja War, or it was destroyed very early during it.

    And how is there no way it could have destroyed the village? The Uzumaki were sealing experts, in fact Mito sealed the Kyuubi inside herself with no help. So wouldn't it make sense that they, the allies of Konoha, would take charge of moving the Kyuubi from Mito into Kushina, who was from their village? It is entirely possible that during that time they came under attack or something went wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    Uchiha Madara inside a Susanoo can do the job. The Uchiha clan can do the job. Danzou using Izanagi and Shisui eye along with the root aided by Hanzou can do the job. EVen a powerful uzumaki can do the Job.
    Danzou wouldn't of had the Sharigan's needed for Izanagi so you're wrong, he didn't get those till after the Uchiha Massacre. Not to mention Madara disappeared years prior and was under ground for God knows how long so it's very likely Madara didn't do it.

    A powerful Uzumaki is entirely possible but what could have happened to make one want to destroy their own village?
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  11. #26
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi
    2) The were wiped out in the 2nd Ninja War. Entirely possible. We don't know exactly were The Land of Whirlpool resided, but it had to be near Konoha, which could also mean it was near Ame, the sight of all the wars that have been fought. The 2nd Ninja War involved quite a few villages, not limited to Suna, Konoha, Ame, and Iwa. It is entirely possible that Whirlpool got caught up in this, with it's village destroyed and uninhabitable and much of it's population scattered across the world.
    We do actually know where it was. There was a map that showed it... I just gotta find it...

    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/500/2 Viola. No wonder it was destroyed so easily, the country it was in was so tiny.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #27
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    We do actually know where it was. There was a map that showed it... I just gotta find it...

    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/500/2 Viola. No wonder it was destroyed so easily, the country it was in was so tiny.
    It's interesting that it was destroyed during or prior to the Second Shinobi war, because it's location essentially meant anyone that wanted to get to it had to go through or around Konoha and the Land of Fire unless they came from Kiri. And as far as we know, Kiri was only involved in one shinobi war prior to the current one, and that was the Third Shinobi War.

    So this might further show that it was indeed ninja from Konoha that helped lead to it's destruction given where it was geographically.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  14. #28
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    think at that time the leaf already was formed so i think its safe to say that the uzumaki were killed off by other villages(there seals would make it hard to get the other tailed beasts , and like Kushina said there longevity freaked people out they feared the "village of longevity" .... the uzumaki must have know a lot of history maybe thats why they were killed off aswell....because they knew to much ? they as it seems were the most feared(even Senju and Uchiha feared the Uzumaki and there seals)
    When the Uzumaki's' village was destroyed, Kushina already moved to Konoha, so it has to be after her moving. Dunno if it was during the second war though, could have been. I don't think it had anything to do with bijuu or longevity, but their knowledge of seals and prowess with seals. At least, all this according to Kushina.

    Guess some were scared of what Uzumaki could create with seals, if we go by Orochimaru and Danzou. Hell, some of them could have gone rogue and taught few people seals as well.

  15. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    When the Uzumaki's' village was destroyed, Kushina already moved to Konoha, so it has to be after her moving. Dunno if it was during the second war though, could have been. I don't think it had anything to do with bijuu or longevity, but their knowledge of seals and prowess with seals. At least, all this according to Kushina.

    Guess some were scared of what Uzumaki could create with seals, if we go by Orochimaru and Danzou. Hell, some of them could have gone rogue and taught few people seals as well.
    thing is if they were so strong how is it they got wiped out? an entire village cant fall in 1 night(i guess the uchiha might say differently) but it makes no sense why would the uzumaki not ask for help from there senju relatives? and why did the surviving uzumaki not flea into the leaf village ? Karin is from the land of grass and Nagato was from the land of rain so it seems that they scattered to the lesser known villages
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  16. #30
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

    I'm not sure if their strength is what was dangerous though. Maybe they were mediocre in strength, but expert in seals, which may not have been enough.

    How far did they live from Konoha? Maybe there was no time since the attack came out of nowhere. If we don't see any Uzumaki in Konoha after the destruction, then chances are that Konoha did play a part in the destruction. Either that or the Uzumaki thought it could be a bad idea to move to Konoha. Maybe majority did move to lesser known villages for more obscurity.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts