Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm not sure if their strength is what was dangerous though. Maybe they were mediocre in strength, but expert in seals, which may not have been enough.

How far did they live from Konoha? Maybe there was no time since the attack came out of nowhere. If we don't see any Uzumaki in Konoha after the destruction, then chances are that Konoha did play a part in the destruction. Either that or the Uzumaki thought it could be a bad idea to move to Konoha. Maybe majority did move to lesser known villages for more obscurity.
    Thing is, if they were indeed exterminated, whoever did it did a terrible job considering how many of them lived on.

And Konoha is in towards the middle of The Land of Fire. The Land of Whirlpool is tiny island off the Southeast coast, so they would seem to be sort of far.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Thing is, if they were indeed exterminated, whoever did it did a terrible job considering how many of them lived on.

And Konoha is in towards the middle of The Land of Fire. The Land of Whirlpool is tiny island off the Southeast coast, so they would seem to be sort of far.
    Man Sasuke and Orochimaru walk fast

but yeah i think the leaf had something to do with it.(probably root) but M3J might be right that they ran to the lesser know villages inorder to help "disappear" then again the bright red hair is kind of a give away..
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post

but yeah i think the leaf had something to do with it.(probably root) but M3J might be right that they ran to the lesser know villages inorder to help "disappear" then again the bright red hair is kind of a give away..
    What I don't understand is that when clans or groups are exterminated in this manga, they are always completely wiped off the face of the earth, with there usually only being 1 exception. That isn't what happened here. And considering they live on an island, it should have been easier to kill them all.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

But the goal could have been to exterminate the villagers itself, not necessarily all Uzumaki. No Uzumaki poses a threat now. Nagato was mainly dangerous for Amegakure until he became Pain. With or without him, Akatsuki would have been as dangerous. Karin wasn't dangerous, she was under Orochimaru taking care of prisoners. Minato was more dangerous than Kushina. Naruto was unknown. And I dunno what other Uzumaki are there.

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post

Not sure if bright red hair is the indication of an Uzumaki though. It can be one indication, but we've seen many characters with red hair that weren't Uzumaki, and at least one Uzumaki with no red hair.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J
    I'm not sure if their strength is what was dangerous though. Maybe they were mediocre in strength, but expert in seals, which may not have been enough.

That's how I interpreted the explanation. I'm sure they had some ninja that were particularly powerful just because of their large chakra pools... but large chakra pools isn't enough if all of your techniques revolve around sealing things away. They're also so tiny and surrounded by potential enemies and one potential ally. I say "potential" ally, because it's never said that they fought hand in hand as allies. Just that they were in good standing. The two clans from different countries were friendly, but the daimyou of each country are a different situation all together.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What I don't understand is that when clans or groups are exterminated in this manga, they are always completely wiped off the face of the earth, with there usually only being 1 exception. That isn't what happened here. And considering they live on an island, it should have been easier to kill them all.
    Hold on though, if we go with the idea that Kushina had already left before the village was attacked, and recall that Karin's history has her surviving her village's destruction due to her sensing the attack beforehand, then three of the four Uzumaki's survived because they weren't in the village during the attack. So whoever attacked could have believed they eliminated the whole clan without being aware there were one's outside the village. Nagato and his parent/s are the only real survival question.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

If Nagato did originally live in Uzishio, then Madara razing the village (by himself or with help) would make sense, if he and Kushina are around the same age.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

no worries, kishi can always use edo tensei or undo plot altering seals to bring the dead back and he/she can explain everything that happened. same old way. no new character no new conflict, just same means of twisting the saga - thru edo tensei and undoing seals.
    i still cant believe that the seal of uzumaki was broken. what then is sealing is for, if one can undo it?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Uzumaki clan killed themselves off by over using the Shiki Fujin jutsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    When the Uzumaki's' village was destroyed, Kushina already moved to Konoha, so it has to be after her moving. Dunno if it was during the second war though, could have been.
    Do you have a source?
    The only thing I found was, that the village was destroyed "during the era of Shinobi World Wars"

Which also contains the the third world war. At that time "Tobi" was born...
    So my guess is: Tobi is responsible for Uzumaki's annihilation.
    He gathered informatin about the QB's seal, etc. and at the same time he killed them all.

But if you can show me that they were destroyed during the second war my theory says goodbye.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnloyd View Post
    no worries, kishi can always use edo tensei or undo plot altering seals to bring the dead back and he/she can explain everything that happened. same old way. no new character no new conflict, just same means of twisting the saga - thru edo tensei and undoing seals.
    i still cant believe that the seal of uzumaki was broken. what then is sealing is for, if one can undo it?
    You shoudl understand that the seal is one of the greatest Jutsu in the manga. In order for a normal person to undo the seal and retrieve the soul, they have to die. Then the soul will return to death. Here, Orochimaru had to combine many Jutsu to retrieve the Kages. First, sell his body, then use his rebirth Jutsu to escape the Shinigami, then use Edo tensei to bring back the Kages from death. This is how difficult it is to undo the the seal.

This is also why Sasuke said that there are things that only Orochimaru can do. Anyone else would be dead.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Hold on though, if we go with the idea that Kushina had already left before the village was attacked, and recall that Karin's history has her surviving her village's destruction due to her sensing the attack beforehand, then three of the four Uzumaki's survived because they weren't in the village during the attack. So whoever attacked could have believed they eliminated the whole clan without being aware there were one's outside the village. Nagato and his parent/s are the only real survival question.
    Well how old is Karin though? Because she couldn't have been talking about Whirlpool because it should have by all means been destroyed before she was born, or at the very least destroyed before she was capable of taking care of herself and sensing anything.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    Do you have a source?
    The only thing I found was, that the village was destroyed "during the era of Shinobi World Wars"

He gathered informatin about the QB's seal, etc. and at the same time he killed them all.

But if you can show me that they were destroyed during the second war my theory says goodbye.
    Tobi destroying them surely makes sense, but there is only a small time frame that it would have even been possible for him to do so.

IMO, I think the village was destroyed sometime during Kushina's childhood around or at the time of the Kyuubi being sealed into her.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well how old is Karin though?
    She should be around Naruto's and Sasuke's age.
    She looked to be the same age in the chuunin exams as the others as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well how old is Karin though? Because she couldn't have been talking about Whirlpool because it should have by all means been destroyed before she was born, or at the very least destroyed before she was capable of taking care of herself and sensing anything.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Tobi destroying them surely makes sense, but there is only a small time frame that it would have even been possible for him to do so.

IMO, I think the village was destroyed sometime during Kushina's childhood around or at the time of the Kyuubi being sealed into her.
    i doubt Tobi/obito had anything to do with it. if anyone would know it would be the second or third hokages
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    Do you have a source?

I don't know if it's during second world war, it's what others here are saying. All I know is that Kushina used to live in the village, and after she left she said it was destroyed.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast