Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I'd say the most impressive thing Tokugawa has done is tank a shot that destroyed a wall without getting injured in any way. As for Irie, Oni's giant shot was only an illusion, and Irie's mental strength is incredible, so he might not be affected by it. Furthermore he has the highest speed we've seen so far, so a fast shot shouldn't exactly be a problem for him either.

As for the data, if it was their first match in the camp and/or they didn't have to go all-out before (which they clearly didn't have to do against anyone else), it might literally be that they just don't have any recorded stats at that point. I doubt that it means they had 8+ in all stats (since clearly they can measure until 7 at least), especially when neither of them was at 10 at once level at the start of the match.
    I really don't see 'no data' as in 'we just haven't measured them yet, and picked those two guys to play first out of pure coincidence'. It seems likely the U17 camp revamped some of their methodology after seeing Oni and Byodouin play as those two are clearly above even what coaches can comprehend. It doesn't mean they have to have 8 in all or even some stats but I'd think their total stats has to exceed 25, because if they're 5/5/5/5/5 that'd still be measureable by the system. Oni and Byodouin have stats that's literally beyond comprehension at the time of their match. I'm sure by the time Irie and Tokugawa gets their game they'd do something equally crazy to justify why they're even considered to be on the same tier as Oni but right now there's nothing they've done that'd put them on the same level. Sure Tokugawa tanked the wall-shattering shot but he wasn't even able to return it, while Oni can do that two years ago. Maybe his racket was in a bad place but we know in POT you're supposed to carry your racket everywhere, including going to the restroom, so if he forgot his racket he only has himself to blame.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Phantron, when Tanegashima goes and steals the drinks from Sanada and Kaidou, he doesn't have his racket on him, for what it's worth. Then again, neither do Sanada or Kaidou.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...8/c067/13.html

Spoiler show

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Phantron, when Tanegashima goes and steals the drinks from Sanada and Kaidou, he doesn't have his racket on him, for what it's worth. Then again, neither do Sanada or Kaidou.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...8/c067/13.html
    Clearly a newbie mistake in the world of POT.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    That's exactly my point, though. The amount of notable players in 3rd year>2nd years>1st years in MS also. Because it is the same for both, I kinda doubt it's a coincidence. Take into mind that very high tier like Renji got crush by no 17 1st stringer. It shows the tier difference amongst the "general" high tier 3rd year in MS and HS. Sanada/Yukimura/Tezuka are all exceptions. All of them are remarkably strong. In fact, even for Yukimura, it is not known if Yukimura would have beat number 11 1st stringer if they were to play when Yukimura first join the camp, when he doesn't gain his Yips upgrade yet. I'm talking about when MS first join the camp without receiving training, because that would be most similar to when they move up to their high school.
    Mitsuya the former No.17 who absolutely mopped the floor with Yanagi is an HS 2nd year however.
    Then again with Yuki, I think he would have won regardless simply because Fuwa got yipped. Just the fact he was susceptible to Yips and doesn't meet Konomi's requirements to suddenly improve during a match means it would have been a crushing for Yukimura regardless.
    I agree with the theory that the 10 at once crew will be able to rally with Yukimura without ever going under Yips.

Since this current MS generation is a once in a decade gathering of giants its kinda true, but at the same time the ratio between good 3rd years to good 2nd years isn't as bad as MS. In MS there's Momoshiro, Kaidoh, Kirihara, Zaizen, Hiyoshi, Ootori, Amane and... Yuuta...
    Although HS have Tokugawa who represents them well, with Mitsuya, Taira and Yamato also being good.
    But then the year group takes a nose dive to Hirari Tonpei from 12th Court. One of the pathetic guys who Ootori gave a ball to.

HS 1st Year is even worse. Unlike the school teams the camps have the court system so no matter your age you can make it to near the top yet we only got two of them. Although I think Konomi intended to have "Dai-senpai" from Shishigaku that Chitose mentions.

And personally, looking at the current HS 2nd Years, I think almost all the MSers will make into their HS regular team comfortably lol.
    Although Shitenhouji isn't a Gakuen or Daigaku Fuzoku, so they're all going their separate ways.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Clearly a newbie mistake in the world of POT.
    It's clear, I don't think they're always with their racket even how absurd can it be in NPOT.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    It's clear, I don't think they're always with their racket even how absurd can it be in NPOT.
    Agreed.
    They didn't have them in the bathing area. Nor in the library. Nor during the tea time.
    And they were prabably in a corner during the pillow fight.

And since you guys mention Kenya but not his cousin (he's also kansai, right?)...
    Spoiler: they shouldn't be MSers show

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Tiers don't exist in canon? That's stupid.
    Yes, because Konomi is obviously looking at a spreadsheet that clearly has upper-tier character lists and bottom-tier character lists as he writes the story.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Yes, because Konomi is obviously looking at a spreadsheet that clearly has upper-tier character lists and bottom-tier character lists as he writes the story.
    That really doesn't mean it doesn't exists. Game developers also doesn't look at the spread sheet that have their upper-tier character lists and bottom-tier character lists as they are making the game. The way that they make the game, or in this case write the story, just makes tier exists, it doesn't have to do with their intention.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    That really doesn't mean it doesn't exists. Game developers also doesn't look at the spread sheet that have their upper-tier character lists and bottom-tier character lists as they are making the game. The way that they make the game, or in this case write the story, just makes tier exists, it doesn't have to do with their intention.
    Game designing and manga writing are two completely different things. In the world of manga, tiers aren't tied to a systematic set of rules. In the world of manga, anything can happen because anything can fucking happen. Especially that this is a Shonen Jump manga? Oh, espect friendship to defy everything you've ever thought of. That's the problem, you guys are saying this can't happen because of tiers - Konomi Takeshi doesn't give a damn about tiers and he doesn't have to. It's his own artwork and he can do whatever he wants. Tiers in a shonen manga about tennis, where the ball can apparently mess with quantum physics and actually multiply ala Pirates of the American? Please.

Echizen can beat Byodouin in the next chapter if Konomi wanted to. Fuck a fan-made tier. With things like that, you're just asking yourself to set yourself up for disappointment.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

About the former #4, I think this spot belongs to Tokugawa. Maybe after he got beaten by Byodouin, Tokugawa didn't recover enough to play against Tanegashima and Duke hence he got #4, Oni didn't care about the different between #4 and #5.

Honestly speaking, I can't see how the current MSers can beat both Byodouin and Ryoga. It seems to me that Ryoma couldn't return the ball, he was too stunned or something. Maybe we'll have a time skip in this series from 1-3 years.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Game designing and manga writing are two completely different things. In the world of manga, tiers aren't tied to a systematic set of rules. In the world of manga, anything can happen because anything can fucking happen. Especially that this is a Shonen Jump manga? Oh, espect friendship to defy everything you've ever thought of. That's the problem, you guys are saying this can't happen because of tiers - Konomi Takeshi doesn't give a damn about tiers and he doesn't have to. It's his own artwork and he can do whatever he wants. Tiers in a shonen manga about tennis, where the ball can apparently mess with quantum physics and actually multiply ala Pirates of the American? Please.

Echizen can beat Byodouin in the next chapter if Konomi wanted to. Fuck a fan-made tier. With things like that, you're just asking yourself to set yourself up for disappointment.
    Eh, seriously? We make tier based on the manga Konomi is writings. It doesn't means that Konomi will follows it, of course. We move Kintarou up the tier when Konomi shows that he improve. Based on the old tier, it sure doesn't look like Kintarou will have a good chance of even beating likes of Atobe.

Tiers can exist. You can't tell me that Horio is going to beat Yukimura. But if Konomi give him an improvement, sure he can. Tiers is what happen in response to the events that the authors write in the manga. Not the other way around. Anything can indeed happens because it can happens. I don't see this invalidate the ideas of tier at all. I'm not the type to say this can't happen based on tiers anyways. I'll only say stuff like "WoK are 3rd court tiers at best in doubles". And that wouldn't be fault. If you think every characters in the manga is equal, that's what you set yourself up for disappointment.

Tiers do exist. Konomi even shows this. Kamio is fast, but so what, Kenya fodderize him even with beast aura upgrade. You can't say Horio is in the same tier as Nanjirou.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, Byoudouin and Oni are basically like gods, then. These abilities are on an entirely different level from what we've seen up to this point. I think this pretty much seals any chance of Kintarou managing to win the match.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

People need to stop writing "Pirates of the American" immediately. That is not valid English. If it is not valid English, it is not a valid translation. Either write "Pirates of America," or don't write anything.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    People need to stop writing "Pirates of the American" immediately. That is not valid English. If it is not valid English, it is not a valid translation. Either write "Pirates of America," or don't write anything.
    Kaoz wrote that cause it was written like that at 2ch. I saw it too.
    Quote Quote:
    ゲームカウント4-4
    しばらくラリーシーンが続く
    平等院「散れ…」
    平等院「Pirates of the American(パイレーツオブジアメリカン)!!」
    コートに着いたボールが6つに分裂…?
    鬼、6人に分身し全て返球
    We know it's bad english, but if it doesn't change in the volume, it's gonna stay like that.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Ah, the raw is out on MangaHead.
    It's really Pirates of the American.
    Spoiler show

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I saw Pirates of the American in that spoiler picture as well as the raw. Where does it show Pirates of America? It's written in English in the original version. It's not a translation.

I don't care if it's proper english or not. It's a technique name of a person who is not American. It doesn't have to be proper English. We just talk about the tech the way it is named by the mangaka. While Pirates of America might be proper english, Pirates of the American is the proper and actual name of the tech.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast