Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #1
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,069
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    Chapter 94 RAW
    Chapter 95 RAW

    Summaries:

    Spoiler: Chapter 94 show


    Spoiler: Chapter 95 show

  2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    Haha I told a friend that it looked like Byoudouin was in a Makinofuji Gakuin uniform.
    It basically explains as to why Makinofuji is such a renowned school. I mean they had Byoudouin lol.
    Whereas now they have perhaps the weakest MSer in the camp as their Captain.

    So Byoudouin is a Kansai boy. Which I expected since his name Byouduoin is a famous temple in Kyoto, Kansai.
    His name is like... Phoenix Temple... That's just the coolest.

    Kansai are pretty much leading things right now for the nation.
    Byoudouin Houou and Tanegashima both being from there.
    Makes you wonder why Konomi decided to make Kansai players suck eggs at MS level excluding Tooyama and Shiraishi.

  4. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    This would explain how Makinofuji got 2nd place the year before. They probably had cardboard cutouts of Byodouin and just scare the opposing team into forfeiting. This won't work this year because anyone who knows about Byodouin would've graduated already this year.

  5. #4
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    This would explain how Makinofuji got 2nd place the year before. They probably had cardboard cutouts of Byodouin and just scare the opposing team into forfeiting. This won't work this year because anyone who knows about Byodouin would've graduated already this year.
    Its likely the 2 years below Byoudouin didn't suck eggs.
    Then again, that year seems a bit untalented in this series.
    Hara and Mouri represent the year well though. Besides that there are no other HS 1st Years.
    Kinda weird to me

  6. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Its likely the 2 years below Byoudouin didn't suck eggs.
    Then again, that year seems a bit untalented in this series.
    Hara and Mouri represent the year well though. Besides that there are no other HS 1st Years.
    Kinda weird to me
    Not much representation in the native H2 age group too (Tokugawa seems to be some kind of transfer student). There's a serious drought of talent between the M3 to the H3 years in the POT timeline.

  7. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    It's not surprising that there aren't that much HS 1st year being present. Think about it, Echizen got all kind of crap being a 1st year trying to be on Seigaku team when he first start out. It's probably the same when most MS enter HS.

    Speculation:
    Byoudouin may be around Yukimura/Sanada/Tezuka level when he finish MS. Then he enter HS. And because of the "transformation" that 1st to 2nd year seem to have, he got a lot stronger during that time period.

    It makes sense to me that way. The gap between average 1st year to 2nd year to 3rd year seem rather huge for MS. It might be the same for HS too.

    Note that I say average. Echizen/Kintarou are hardly average, they are pretty much outliers.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  8. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    When Byodouin and Oni played they might as well be playing in another dimension (nobody can even see them play) and in terms of craziness that's actually above TnK (you can see a player in TnK most of the time). While we don't know their ranking in the U17 camp in H1/H2 years presumably the point isn't that there are plenty of other freaks that can shatter walls at the U17 camp. Tokugawa had training from overseas and was nowhere as good as Byoduoin in H2 and that seems to be limit you could get to if you didn't know the secrets to training like Oni and Byoduoin did. The stuff these two characters know at H1 exceeds the knowledge of the U17 camp, including the coaches, so I don't see people like Yukimura hitting their level simply because he's not as crazy to put his life on the line in a tennis game to discover the secrets to wield power from another dimension.

    Even if their talent level ends up being similar to top POT characters, I sure don't see any POT characters ever figuring out how to do the X-ball or the wall-shattering shot on their own like Oni and Byodouin did. They're literally the pioneers who figured out methods to get stronger that are a generation ahead of everyone else. No wonder Byodouin laughs at the coaches of the U17 camp. He probably taught them everything they currently know!

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Makes you wonder why Konomi decided to make Kansai players suck eggs at MS level excluding Tooyama and Shiraishi.
    Kansai middle school players suck? Kenya's one of the fastest players on the court, Gin's stoic power is still leagues above everyone elses, Koharu's a gay brainiac that'd give even Inui a run for his money, Chitose's a top-tier singles and doubles player who really knows his stuff about Muga, and Zaizen's a disrespectful genius who's skill has yet to be seen. Not only were the Kansai middle school players' skills in this series meant to be amazing (even Konomi admitted this), their characters are awesome too.

  11. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    When Byodouin and Oni played they might as well be playing in another dimension (nobody can even see them play) and in terms of craziness that's actually above TnK (you can see a player in TnK most of the time). While we don't know their ranking in the U17 camp in H1/H2 years presumably the point isn't that there are plenty of other freaks that can shatter walls at the U17 camp. Tokugawa had training from overseas and was nowhere as good as Byoduoin in H2 and that seems to be limit you could get to if you didn't know the secrets to training like Oni and Byoduoin did. The stuff these two characters know at H1 exceeds the knowledge of the U17 camp, including the coaches, so I don't see people like Yukimura hitting their level simply because he's not as crazy to put his life on the line in a tennis game to discover the secrets to wield power from another dimension.

    Even if their talent level ends up being similar to top POT characters, I sure don't see any POT characters ever figuring out how to do the X-ball or the wall-shattering shot on their own like Oni and Byodouin did. They're literally the pioneers who figured out methods to get stronger that are a generation ahead of everyone else. No wonder Byodouin laughs at the coaches of the U17 camp. He probably taught them everything they currently know!
    And Oni should pretty shit on Duke and Tanegashima, he sealed his Kishin form for some crazy reason and if Konomi showed Byodouin vs Oni is becausehe might make Oni go all out against Kin-chan and release that form again, so Kintarou is basically screwed. Also, Oni playing at full power, the ball can't be seen, so against Kintarou he's not really serious yet. Then I think it's normal that when Kintarou hit that shot that burned up the net, Byodouin was laughing and Oni wasn't even surprised, seeing that Byodouin can destroy walls and has multiple moves from various countries and Oni has like a super version of Sanada's BA.

    However, even if in their first year of HS they're the beasts of the camp, you should remember that in NPOT, the HS are stepping stones for the MS, even if they can use shots that break walls, that make you bleed like hell, the best MS (Echizen, Kintarou, Sanada...) are constantly evolving, if Oni releases his Kishin form against Kin-chan, he'll struggle and put his life on that match like Byodouin did and overcome it somehow, and the most plausible thing is an aura, because ten ball against that form is just useless.

    I firmly believe that Oni would kill Tokugawa and Irie, and if Tokugawa thinks there's any chance to beat Byodouin right now he's just an idiot.

  12. #10
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Kansai middle school players suck? Kenya's one of the fastest players on the court, Gin's stoic power is still leagues above everyone elses, Koharu's a gay brainiac that'd give even Inui a run for his money, Chitose's a top-tier singles and doubles player who really knows his stuff about Muga, and Zaizen's a disrespectful genius who's skill has yet to be seen. Not only were the Kansai middle school players' skills in this series meant to be amazing (even Konomi admitted this), their characters are awesome too.
    The characters were awesome? Only Shitenhouji. I have to admit. Shitenhouji have some ridiculously awesome characters, I loved that school.

    Chitose got his skill in Kyushu so pull him out.

    Kenya's fast? So what. He's just shown he is a tier above Kamio. Which is somewhere towards the bottom of Mid tier.
    I mean people towards the Top end of the tier, sorry I wasn't clear.

    Nobody from Kansai as MSers are from the Top end of the tier besides Tooyama and Shiraishi.

    Whilst Kanto have Yukimura Sanada, Niou, Yanagi, Tezuka, Ryoma, Fuji, Inui, Akutsu, Atobe.
    I mean, Konjiki/Hitouji lost to Momoshiro/Kaidoh at Nationals so they aren't that good.

    All we know from Zaizen is that he must be Mid tier at the minimum.
    This is because the person Osamu dropped for Chitose was Kenya, with Kenya saying "only the strong have the right to be on that court" implying Zaizen > Kenya.

    ---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    It's not surprising that there aren't that much HS 1st year being present. Think about it, Echizen got all kind of crap being a 1st year trying to be on Seigaku team when he first start out. It's probably the same when most MS enter HS.

    Speculation:
    Byoudouin may be around Yukimura/Sanada/Tezuka level when he finish MS. Then he enter HS. And because of the "transformation" that 1st to 2nd year seem to have, he got a lot stronger during that time period.

    It makes sense to me that way. The gap between average 1st year to 2nd year to 3rd year seem rather huge for MS. It might be the same for HS too.

    Note that I say average. Echizen/Kintarou are hardly average, they are pretty much outliers.
    It isn't the same at HS as it at MS. Confirmed early on where Nishiki some Rikkai OB from Mouri Juzaburo's year tells Sanada after Sanada defeats him that Sanada would be a regular on the HS team immediately.
    Also, with Byoudouin and Oni arriving and shitting on the camp as HS 1st years, it means that age means nothing at HS level lol.
    Its pretty much confirmed they were the strongest since back then.

    Secondly, for the reason that in the U-17 Camp there is a Court system where no matter your age if you get your ass-kicked you get demoted, it really does mean only the strong enter higher domains in the Court ranking.

    Therefore, the absence of HS 2nd Years mean they probably suck. The absence of HS 1st Years mean they have made zero improvement from when they were MS 3rd Years.
    They have called upon 50 MSers. :'( No Saeki
    There is a reason that they either haven't been called upon or are in the lower sections of the camp.
    Not many High School 2nd Years in the series. We can't even count Tokugawa who went Middle School abroad.

    I mean, the most talented years in this camp without question are MS 3rd Year and HS 3rd Year.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; February 03, 2013 at 08:17 AM.

  13. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    The characters were awesome? Only Shitenhouji. I have to admit. Shitenhouji have some ridiculously awesome characters, I loved that school.

    Chitose got his skill in Kyushu so pull him out.

    Kenya's fast? So what. He's just shown he is a tier above Kamio. Which is somewhere towards the bottom of Mid tier.
    I mean people towards the Top end of the tier, sorry I wasn't clear.

    Nobody from Kansai as MSers are from the Top end of the tier besides Tooyama and Shiraishi.

    Whilst Kanto have Yukimura Sanada, Niou, Yanagi, Tezuka, Ryoma, Fuji, Inui, Akutsu, Atobe.
    I mean, Konjiki/Hitouji lost to Momoshiro/Kaidoh at Nationals so they aren't that good.

    All we know from Zaizen is that he must be Mid tier at the minimum.
    This is because the person Osamu dropped for Chitose was Kenya, with Kenya saying "only the strong have the right to be on that court" implying Zaizen > Kenya.
    Chitose is still a Kansai representative so he counts, and Konjiki/Hitouji lost to Momo/Kaido because the latter are the main characters. Everything else you said is invalid to me because tiers don't exist in canon.

  14. #12
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Chitose is still a Kansai representative so he counts, and Konjiki/Hitouji lost to Momo/Kaido because the latter are the main characters. Everything else you said is invalid to me because tiers don't exist in canon.
    No. He doesn't count. Chitose was established before arriving to Kansai.
    I'm talking about genuine Kansai Players.

    Tiers don't exist in canon? That's stupid.
    You mean to tell me that Kenya and Atobe are on the same level?
    I had no idea you could talk such crap dude. They are on different levels. Tiers clearly exist.
    Kenya even said only the strong can stand on that court. Showing there is some kind of level system in the story.

    Tezuka lost to Sanada and Tezuka is a main character. You're talking crap man.
    Seigaku players have lost on many occasions. Fuji lost in that very encounter and you want to say "because they are main characters".

    Momoshiro/Kaidoh in that Nationals!Semifinals weren't even that good. Momo had forgotten his Insight for reasons unknown to us.
    Bottom line you take out Tooyama and Shiraishi, and Kansai sucks eggs even more.
    Whereas in Kanto you take out Ryoma and Tezuka, and Kanto still kick ass.

    Kansai also only have on good school. Kansai No.2 rep Makinofuji are appalling this year.

  15. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And Oni should pretty shit on Duke and Tanegashima, he sealed his Kishin form for some crazy reason and if Konomi showed Byodouin vs Oni is becausehe might make Oni go all out against Kin-chan and release that form again, so Kintarou is basically screwed. Also, Oni playing at full power, the ball can't be seen, so against Kintarou he's not really serious yet. Then I think it's normal that when Kintarou hit that shot that burned up the net, Byodouin was laughing and Oni wasn't even surprised, seeing that Byodouin can destroy walls and has multiple moves from various countries and Oni has like a super version of Sanada's BA.

    However, even if in their first year of HS they're the beasts of the camp, you should remember that in NPOT, the HS are stepping stones for the MS, even if they can use shots that break walls, that make you bleed like hell, the best MS (Echizen, Kintarou, Sanada...) are constantly evolving, if Oni releases his Kishin form against Kin-chan, he'll struggle and put his life on that match like Byodouin did and overcome it somehow, and the most plausible thing is an aura, because ten ball against that form is just useless.

    I firmly believe that Oni would kill Tokugawa and Irie, and if Tokugawa thinks there's any chance to beat Byodouin right now he's just an idiot.
    Well obviously all the major MSer evolve like crazy so if they see how someone else becomes powerful they'll pick up the same method themselves. But even Ryoma never invented any really useful move outside of Samurai Drive (and it's obviously useless against top HSers). Even as crazy as Sanada and Tezuka are in terms of what they'll do to win a tennis match they didn't put their life on line in the nationals, probably because Tezuka has no move that can possibly threaten the life of his opponent (plenty that can threaten his own). Byodouin and Oni most likely taught the U17 camp how to play tennis in the first year they arrived, and I don't see any MS POT characters doing that even if you give them another year. Sure all the major MS characters are incredible students, the kind that apparently surpasses the master in a few days, but currently I don't ever see them ever becoming the master who figured out the stuff first, even if they can trivially surpass the master due to their insane evolution.

    Tokugawa is obviously supposed to be the stronger than Oni, though he sure hasn't done anything to live up to that name. The most impressive feat of strength we've seen him done supporting himself on three fingers but that just can't compare to what Oni did. It's actually pretty hilarious how the 3rd court guys, especially Irie, is always telling the MSer to beat Oni first. Shouldn't they be afraid of Oni rearranging their face like what he did to Byodouin 2 years ago? I guess Irie can read people's mind so he knows Oni is too nice to do that, but if I was Irie I'd be forfeiting my match if I see Oni is playing. Oni and Byodouin at H1 had an unknown power level. Presumably this means it's higher than 25 (5 in all stats would clearly be measureable by the system in U17), while Irie only has 22 at H3, and that's before either of them powered up from the match itself.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #14
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,069
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    I'd say the most impressive thing Tokugawa has done is tank a shot that destroyed a wall without getting injured in any way. As for Irie, Oni's giant shot was only an illusion, and Irie's mental strength is incredible, so he might not be affected by it. Furthermore he has the highest speed we've seen so far, so a fast shot shouldn't exactly be a problem for him either.

    As for the data, if it was their first match in the camp and/or they didn't have to go all-out before (which they clearly didn't have to do against anyone else), it might literally be that they just don't have any recorded stats at that point. I doubt that it means they had 8+ in all stats (since clearly they can measure until 7 at least), especially when neither of them was at 10 at once level at the start of the match.

  18. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    It isn't the same at HS as it at MS. Confirmed early on where Nishiki some Rikkai OB from Mouri Juzaburo's year tells Sanada after Sanada defeats him that Sanada would be a regular on the HS team immediately.
    Also, with Byoudouin and Oni arriving and shitting on the camp as HS 1st years, it means that age means nothing at HS level lol.
    Its pretty much confirmed they were the strongest since back then.

    Secondly, for the reason that in the U-17 Camp there is a Court system where no matter your age if you get your ass-kicked you get demoted, it really does mean only the strong enter higher domains in the Court ranking.

    Therefore, the absence of HS 2nd Years mean they probably suck. The absence of HS 1st Years mean they have made zero improvement from when they were MS 3rd Years.
    They have called upon 50 MSers. :'( No Saeki
    There is a reason that they either haven't been called upon or are in the lower sections of the camp.
    Not many High School 2nd Years in the series. We can't even count Tokugawa who went Middle School abroad.

    I mean, the most talented years in this camp without question are MS 3rd Year and HS 3rd Year.
    That's exactly my point, though. The amount of notable players in 3rd year>2nd years>1st years in MS also. Because it is the same for both, I kinda doubt it's a coincidence. Take into mind that very high tier like Renji got crush by no 17 1st stringer. It shows the tier difference amongst the "general" high tier 3rd year in MS and HS. Sanada/Yukimura/Tezuka are all exceptions. All of them are remarkably strong. In fact, even for Yukimura, it is not known if Yukimura would have beat number 11 1st stringer if they were to play when Yukimura first join the camp, when he doesn't gain his Yips upgrade yet. I'm talking about when MS first join the camp without receiving training, because that would be most similar to when they move up to their high school.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts