Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 94 and 95 Discussion/Predictions

I think tennis causing yips is already pretty far out there, and by the time Atobe Kingdom comes around I don't think Konomi's even pretending this stuff is supposed to make sense.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I think tennis causing yips is already pretty far out there, and by the time Atobe Kingdom comes around I don't think Konomi's even pretending this stuff is supposed to make sense.
    They're all out there by the post-Yamabuki era. Everything. But, even then Konomi would at least explain thing in typical BS Shonen fashion. However, nowadays we get virtually nothing to back up anything, and that's pretty inconsistent. He shouldn't just assume, "Oh, well the readers are used to me doing all kinds of fuckry now, so now I can do whatever I want and not have to talk about it." That's just tacky to the highest degree. But, maybe he'll explain everything in the tankobon, because I doubt his editor stopped giving fucks about him doing stuff like that.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Brandnewkid, what are you looking for here? It's a freaking superpowered tennis manga. How much sense do you want it to make? You act as if everything has to make sense. Perhaps it should, but that's not how Konomi's writing it. Accept it or not, it's up to you, but what kind of explanation do you want for placing an aura on a ball and having it cause a shockwave on impact, unless you magically swat it back like Ryoga did?

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Brandnewkid, what are you looking for here?
    Consistency. Am I asking for too much? I don't mind auras. It's a manga, and Konomi's always been one for artistic representation. But can he at least give us what he gave before? Tell us what kind of spin is on the ball, what's really happening, how it's done, etc. I just don't like how he only does it for some moves that are really one-shot techniques (Ochi's serve got so much infodump) and not others, which are actually crucial to the plot (the multiplying ball thing). Am I asking for too much? Am I really asking for too much? Just let me know, and I'll back off for being crazy.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If we can accept that Atobe Kingdom is done by having your eyes evolve into x-ray vision then I think it's fine to buy off X-ball as the ball magically multiplying itself perhaps through some kind of lost nijitsu (they do have marital arts themed moves, so why not nijitsus?).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If we can accept that Atobe Kingdom is done by having your eyes evolve into x-ray vision then I think it's fine to buy off X-ball as the ball magically multiplying itself perhaps through some kind of lost nijitsu (they do have marital arts themed moves, so why not nijitsus?).
    Atobe Kingdom is not X-Ray vision. It's insight but artistically represented more extremely, since the move is literally Atobe paying close attention to the opponent's muscles.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Muga sped the car towards the cliff, Rai drove it off, Atobe Kingdom blew it up when it hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid
    since the move is literally Atobe paying close attention to the opponent's muscles.
    Given this is the best explanation anybody can come up with, I rest my case.
    Last edited by Fayte; February 06, 2013 at 10:15 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Atobe Kingdom is not X-Ray vision. It's insight but artistically represented more extremely, since the move is literally Atobe paying close attention to the opponent's muscles.
    Um no that's World of Ice. He specifically says the Atobe Kingdom upgrade allows him to see people's joints so he can see blind spots that cannot be overcome with flexibility, and it was countered (sort of) by dislocating your joints to reach further than you normally could have.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Um no that's World of Ice. He specifically says the Atobe Kingdom upgrade allows him to see people's joints so he can see blind spots that cannot be overcome with flexibility, and it was countered (sort of) by dislocating your joints to reach further than you normally could have.
    Not even gonna retort to this because you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

Don't mind me guys, I'm the crazy one.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Not even gonna retort to this because you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

Don't mind me guys, I'm the crazy one.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/new-prince-of-tennis/44/3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It isn't often I will say this, and it may be the last time I say this, but Phantron is right. If Atobe were just looking at muscles, Irie would not have specifically stated "skeleton." Anybody who knows anything about human biology would know, skeletons and muscles are exclusive.

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    People need to stop writing "Pirates of the American" immediately. That is not valid English. If it is not valid English, it is not a valid translation. Either write "Pirates of America," or don't write anything.
    Couldn't it be "Pirates of the American seas"? and he just says "Pirates of the American" as a reference to Pirates of the Caribbean?

And about the "Konomi is a lazy bastard that doesn't explain techs anymore and only writes 2 small chapters a month"... I agree with that, I loved almost every little thing in PoT, SPoT feels different. I'm still gonna keep reading/watching it though

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Atobe Kingdom allows Atobe to see the opponent skeleton.

SPoT do feels different than PoT. But I think Konomi have been doing G10 match right so far. All 3 of them have been very entertaining. Let's hope he keep this up.

Oh, And Atobe vs Irie is one of better PoT match, even including the 1st series match.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I agree that Atobe Kingdom allows Atobe to see the opponent skeleton.

SPoT do feels different than PoT. But I think Konomi have been doing G10 match right so far. All 3 of them have been very entertaining. Let's hope he keep this up.

Oh, And Atobe vs Irie is one of better PoT match, even including the 1st series match.
    Ken, there have actually been four G10 matches. Don't forget about Duke OHKOing Gin. Kintarou vs Oni hasn't gone very far. Akutsu vs Ryoga isn't an official match, but it's about as far along as Kintarou vs Oni.

Spoiler show

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty obvious that Konomi is putting way less detail in his matches in NPOT. He certainly doesn't seem like he's running out of ideas, so I guess it must be something else.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast