Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Who are the ones who caught your attention the most in the Ishiyama Six Up-Starts?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ichikawa Ebian "Blind Masseuse"

0 0%
  • Akahoshi Kankurou "Fan That Dyes Everything Blood Red"

3 20.00%
  • Tabako

1 6.67%
  • Fuji

7 46.67%
  • "Emperor" Takamiya

1 6.67%
  • Yohei Nasu

3 20.00%
New Reply

Thread: Ishiyama Upstarts/Killer 6 Elements Thread

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Ishiyama Upstarts/Killer 6 Elements Thread

Who are the ones who caught your attention the most?

I ended up posting the poll, a single vote poll.

For me:
    Most would be Fuji because he was the so called the "strongest rookie"
    Secound would be Akahoshi because he look like Oga
    Third would be Tabako
    Last edited by FaustXIII; February 02, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ishiyama Upstarts/Killer 6 Elements Thread

Hi Faust, I hijacked your thread and changed the title to invite more discussion. Hope you don't mind.

I guess Nasu seems the second most interesting at the moment because he has that stupid ring of concrete around his neck. As an architect, let me tell you concrete is very heavy! Also his tendency to end his sentences with hearts really amuses me. I'm pretty sure half of his dialogue can become camp-gay.

The most interesting Element is Tobako, because she's been shaded heavily despite having no need to be (its not like she's one of the strongest, anyway). I'm always interested in female characters over male characters in these kind of manga because I tend to find them a little better characterized. Plus, she deviated from the Red Tails and seeks to usurp power from Aoi, which is something I've expected to happen before. Its kind of boring that all the female delinquents are under one leadership when the men are in different factions, in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure Akahoshi has the terrible condition of sameface, otherwise people in the story would note they look alike. Its like with Aoi and Beel's mom, except not so clever on the reveal.

The other guys I'm sure are great, but unless they have a role to play outside of being enemies I don't hold any particular interest in them.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Nasu was introduced first, he's probably the weakest right? So I guess the one that really intrigues me would be Fuji. What I wanna know is, if they are so strong, where were they the entire time? I don't think people can power up that quickly, so it'll be interesting how they rose up

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorit attention are by Fuji. I think he are really copy the TKKH. I don´t know why there are chasing Baby Beel. If the really know about, who Baby beel is then holy shit.
    But yes previous poster said it already, the best comes at last. When Nasu already make to Oga a bit, then how much trouble will Fuji and his crew bringing????

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At current, Nasu and Akahoshi

Nasu beacuse...well...have you READ 191 yet? Out of all of them he seemed to be the most in control of everything, also I think its clear the Author is having way too much fun giving him neko hisoka faces.

Akahoshi because...well dammit, he looks TOO DAMN MUCH LIKE OGA! SERIOUSLY RYUHEI HOW MUCH ARE YOU WILLING TO TAKE AFTER OTHER AUTHORS?! DON'T GO TORIYAMA ON US!!

and yeah...mostly petty reasons but hey, I haven't seen anyone else do anything yet, and I want to see who Aoi is going up against...
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    Akahoshi because...well dammit, he looks TOO DAMN MUCH LIKE OGA! SERIOUSLY RYUHEI HOW MUCH ARE YOU WILLING TO TAKE AFTER OTHER AUTHORS?! DON'T GO TORIYAMA ON US!!
    So clearly I wasn't thinking straight when I initially wrote off Akahoshi as being a victim of awkward character design. Who would think that Furuichi noticed this similarity? And the guy has a scary habit of observing things that'll become relevant:

--He confused Yolda for Hilda upon her introduction, and it's been revealed that they're sisters.

--He thought Kugeyama was really good looking for a guy, and later its revealed she was hiding her "true" gender

--He did think Aiba was like "looking at your own reflection" in relation to Oga. Though this is a bit different because Aiba's role at that point was supposed to be Oga's foil (though he's more suited to be Aoi's foil than anything)

And if you think about it, Akahoshi isn't even that strong (he's no.4) of an Element. He doesn't seem to care for Baby Beel, nor does he find Beel out of the ordinary. So then, wtf is he?!

I know there's next to nothing revealed about him, but he's definitely making me uncomfortable. After Nasu left in chapter 192, Beel was really freaking out and pulling on Oga's hair. But when Akahoshi starts to speak up, you get a panel of Beel stopping and being attentive to him. Almost like he got calmed down. And when Oga calls Ichikawa "Chrome Dome", he is actually repeating what Akahoshi called him two chapters earlier. Weird right? Or maybe its just me. But if Furuichi starts to notice something, then usually he's right.
    Last edited by Teeba; March 02, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

To use TvTropes terminology, Akahoshi might be a candidate to Oga's Friendenemy.

You know, a strong thug who also happens not to be a bully and who aims for the top following the honourable path. He will face Oga right on, and not resort to ruses or petty schemes. After Toujou graduates, he might fulfill his role in Ishiyama. He is the kind of man who might exchange a vicious smile with Oga if the two happen to fight back to back.

It's interesting that Tamura-sensei seems to have devoted quite some time to creating male characters who are interesting in different ways and whose interaction with Oga changes them for the better:

- Kanzaki and Himekawa abandon their vicious ways after meeting Oga.
    - Toujou rethinks his ideas about what makes one strong.
    - Miki takes a lesson on the futility of revenge and learns just how deep a friendship can go without words.

The only one in this series who is truly Oga's match in wisdom - that is, who accepts himself and the world as they are - is Furuichi, arguably the only person from whom Oga has learned something about life. I think Akahoshi is next in the list. Of all the Six Upstarts, he might be the only one who will save face in the end, and whom Oga will regard as a respectable opponent.

That or he is the most dangerous one, but his cluelessness about Beel makes that unlikely.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Akahoshi is like Yammy in Bleach?
    or like Law in One Piece?

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    So clearly I wasn't thinking straight when I initially wrote off Akahoshi as being a victim of awkward character design. Who would think that Furuichi noticed this similarity? And the guy has a scary habit of observing things that'll become relevant:

--He confused Yolda for Hilda upon her introduction, and it's been revealed that they're sisters.

--He thought Kugeyama was really good looking for a guy, and later its revealed she was hiding her "true" gender

--He did think Aiba was like "looking at your own reflection" in relation to Oga. Though this is a bit different because Aiba's role at that point was supposed to be Oga's foil (though he's more suited to be Aoi's foil than anything)

And if you think about it, Akahoshi isn't even that strong (he's no.4) of an Element. He doesn't seem to care for Baby Beel, nor does he find Beel out of the ordinary. So then, wtf is he?!

I know there's next to nothing revealed about him, but he's definitely making me uncomfortable. After Nasu left in chapter 192, Beel was really freaking out and pulling on Oga's hair. But when Akahoshi starts to speak up, you get a panel of Beel stopping and being attentive to him. Almost like he got calmed down. And when Oga calls Ichikawa "Chrome Dome", he is actually repeating what Akahoshi called him two chapters earlier. Weird right? Or maybe its just me. But if Furuichi starts to notice something, then usually he's right.
    Meaning Tamura-sensei is using Furuichi for foreshadowings?
    Last edited by FaustXIII; March 04, 2013 at 01:53 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Akahoshi is a clone grown by the Solomon Company/Demon World. You heard it here first.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

So the special Beelzebub website updated their Killer Six Elements banner. This is what it looked like:

This is what it looks like currently:

The website can be found here: http://www.shonenjump.com/j/sp_beelzebub/

They've been posting special stuff all month, but this is the first thing I've seen that directly ties into the plot! If you click any of the six elements, a window pops up with a brief bio on each one. Obviously, three of them come up as "coming soon".

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

The individual bios:

Spoiler show

Notice how the order is different from how they've been described as? Obviously this has been done because its basically been ordered by how much we know about them. But still, I wonder if this means the way we've been ranking them is no longer accurate. Especially since Nasubi just got defeated.
    Last edited by Teeba; March 18, 2013 at 05:27 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy between Nasubi and Tobako seems to be the most badass....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

From my point of view "strongest rookie" is just so so, I'm still waiting for a character with the title "strongest super-senior" in future chapters.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to copy+paste Akia999's speculation on who Fuji is, because even if its less likely I really like this idea and think it could definitely work:

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    -After reading this chapter, I had this really outright random and ridiculous theory/prediction about Fuji.

Considering how Taka's silhouette didn't match up to his actual appearance, it's plausible that Fuji wouldn't look like the actual silhouette or may not be even in this image.
    http://img.batoto.net/comics/2013/01.../img000016.png
    Surname starting with Fuji (藤) is rather common in Japan.There could be two people belonging to "Fuji's group" who have Fuji in their surname. I know it sound confusing.But, let's say, one Fuji is a guy and the other Fuji is a girl. They could be twins thus sharing the same surname. Without a doubt, Oga would assumed the guy is Fuji,the spellmaster/contractor. And if it turn out, the spellmaster is actually the girl, that would put Oga in a bad situation since he can't fight girls. In short, Fuji could be a girl, not a guy. The spiky hair dude could technically be 'Fuji' but not the actual spellmaster.

I know the probability of this happening is 0.00001%. The author would not mess with our head like that or mislead us at this level. But I think it would be an interesting twist that put Oga's weakness to the test. Aoi probably can't help him fight.
    Anyhow, thanks for reading my theory.
    I think this would definitely through a curve in who we think Fuji is. But I'd also like to add it would be cool if Fuji was the demon and his contractor was a girl, equally powerful. Then Oga can fight one and Hilda can fight the other? Yeah it would make an interesting battle, and we've never seen both contractor and contractee be equally powerful.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member exxp's Avatar
    Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji,
    then I second Takamiya
    My lists: Manga&Manhwa | Anime | movies, documentary, ... | books&stuff | novels | Audios ...

New Reply