Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

Not sure if there is a thread for this or not, but I figure I'd start one if there wasn't.

We know that something terrible happened to the Uzumaki clan, most likely a large scale genocide and destruction of their village. There are any number of things that could have caused this. But before getting to what happened to it, let us look at the facts.

Thus far there have been 8, possibly 9 living Uzumaki's in the manga.

1) The Unamed Leader who was introduced when we found out the that the Senji clan and Uzumaki clan were related.

2) Mito, wife of Hashirama and grandmother to Tsuande.

3) Tsuande

4) Kushina

5) Nagato

6) One of it not both of Nagato's parents

7) Naruto

8) Karin

Of those 7, only three are still alive, with one of them possibly dying very soon in Tsuande.

Now, considering that at the start of the manga, there were 4 living Uzumaki's and it would seem none of them were directly related. This tells me that the Uzumaki's were scattered, they weren't necessarily annihilated like the Uchiha clan was.

On top of this, it would seem that they weren't quite killed that that long ago. The Temple that Sasuke and company visited looked run down, but it didn't look ancient. IMO, I would think the Uzumaki's, at the earliest, were wiped out during Minato and Kushina's childhood.

I say that because Kushina was part of Konoha as early as about 9-12. Now she would be there either because A) The Hokage and Uzumaki leader felt she was safer in Konoha, or B) she had no home and was brought to Konoha since she was a refugee.

So, with all of this, I have several ideas of what could have happened in no particular order of most or least likely to happen.

1) The Kyuubi destroyed the village in between releasing it from Mito to sealing it into Kushina. The Uzumaki's were indeed sealing experts but this is the Kyuubi, it is entirely possible it could have destroyed the village and killed most of the people in it before help arrived and it got sealed into Kushina.

2) The were wiped out in the 2nd Ninja War. Entirely possible. We don't know exactly were The Land of Whirlpool resided, but it had to be near Konoha, which could also mean it was near Ame, the sight of all the wars that have been fought. The 2nd Ninja War involved quite a few villages, not limited to Suna, Konoha, Ame, and Iwa. It is entirely possible that Whirlpool got caught up in this, with it's village destroyed and uninhabitable and much of it's population scattered across the world.

3) A betrayal by the Senji, Uchiha or both. Something about Tsuande's sadness with their village tells me there end was possibly avoidable. Perhaps a conflict happened between all 3 of these clans resulting the extermination of the Uzumaki's? People like to think the Senju were all nice and good but forget they were just as blood thirsty as their rival Uchiha's back in the day. What could have led to this betrayal is unknown.

IMO, there are other possibilities but I have a feeling these are the 3 most likely, but I could be completely off who knows.

Discuss please, lemme know what you guys think.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What happened to the Uzumaki clan?

Maybe there are some of the uzumaki think of their clan as a mighty clan. They're hungry in power. They want to control everything. Because it's hard to think that the uzumaki clan, which was suppose to be a master in sealing doesn't have any powerful barrier to protect themselves from their enemies. Maybe the reason why they're extinct is because of their own pride or betrayal with their fellow clansmen.
    No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all your POWER/STRENGTH is no more useful then a squirt gun. And if you cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at will?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While I agree with the idea that the destruction happen during Kushina's childhood, I really doubt it was caused by the Kyuubi. Kushina's ability, and presumably Mito's, looks like it could easily shut down any action the Kyuubi attempted to perform. Kushina stopped the Kyuubi in it's tracks the night of it's attack and Obito did the same against the Gobi with ease. Nor do I think it was a betrayal, but I guess it could be possible. If done by the Senju, would possibly explain their absent. But Kishi has a habit of deflecting fault, so I don't know.

Best guess is that it happen either during the Second War or during a smaller war. Probably caused by Madara. That would explain how Obito discovered the situation with Kushina's seal and other secrets about Konoha, since young Obito shouldn't have held that info. The timeframe seems long enough ago that Madara would have still be active and could be where he came up with the idea to plant his eyes in an Uzumaki. I mean, seems more logical that he would have discovered Nagato or his parents in the village as oppose to randomly somewhere in Ame.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner legacyofitachi's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Not sure if there is a thread for this or not, but I figure I'd start one if there wasn't.

We know that something terrible happened to the Uzumaki clan, most likely a large scale genocide and destruction of their village. There are any number of things that could have caused this. But before getting to what happened to it, let us look at the facts.

Thus far there have been 8, possibly 9 living Uzumaki's in the manga.

1) The Unamed Leader who was introduced when we found out the that the Senji clan and Uzumaki clan were related.

2) Mito, wife of Hashirama and grandmother to Tsuande.

3) Tsuande

4) Kushina

5) Nagato

6) One of it not both of Nagato's parents

7) Naruto

8) Karin

Of those 7, only three are still alive, with one of them possibly dying very soon in Tsuande.

Now, considering that at the start of the manga, there were 4 living Uzumaki's and it would seem none of them were directly related. This tells me that the Uzumaki's were scattered, they weren't necessarily annihilated like the Uchiha clan was.

On top of this, it would seem that they weren't quite killed that that long ago. The Temple that Sasuke and company visited looked run down, but it didn't look ancient. IMO, I would think the Uzumaki's, at the earliest, were wiped out during Minato and Kushina's childhood.

I say that because Kushina was part of Konoha as early as about 9-12. Now she would be there either because A) The Hokage and Uzumaki leader felt she was safer in Konoha, or B) she had no home and was brought to Konoha since she was a refugee.

So, with all of this, I have several ideas of what could have happened in no particular order of most or least likely to happen.

1) The Kyuubi destroyed the village in between releasing it from Mito to sealing it into Kushina. The Uzumaki's were indeed sealing experts but this is the Kyuubi, it is entirely possible it could have destroyed the village and killed most of the people in it before help arrived and it got sealed into Kushina.

2) The were wiped out in the 2nd Ninja War. Entirely possible. We don't know exactly were The Land of Whirlpool resided, but it had to be near Konoha, which could also mean it was near Ame, the sight of all the wars that have been fought. The 2nd Ninja War involved quite a few villages, not limited to Suna, Konoha, Ame, and Iwa. It is entirely possible that Whirlpool got caught up in this, with it's village destroyed and uninhabitable and much of it's population scattered across the world.

3) A betrayal by the Senji, Uchiha or both. Something about Tsuande's sadness with their village tells me there end was possibly avoidable. Perhaps a conflict happened between all 3 of these clans resulting the extermination of the Uzumaki's? People like to think the Senju were all nice and good but forget they were just as blood thirsty as their rival Uchiha's back in the day. What could have led to this betrayal is unknown.

IMO, there are other possibilities but I have a feeling these are the 3 most likely, but I could be completely off who knows.

Discuss please, lemme know what you guys think.

i dont think tsunade is a uzumaki
    she is in senju clan

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Mito could have been too old and Kushina could have been too young to control the Kyuubi effectively in the sealing process. Kushina was barely able to control the Kyuubi (granted she was near death). But without the power or experience to control the Kyuubi, or both in Kushina's case as a child, I could see it rampaging.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by legacyofitachi View Post
    i dont think tsunade is a uzumaki
    she is in senju clan
    Her grandmother is an Uzumaki, what is so hard to get about that? You can be apart of two clans.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Age shouldn't have mattered, not for them. They didn't need to actually control the Kyuubi, only bind it away, and that only depended upon their special chakra. The only point Kushina ran into trouble was when Minato shrunk the Kyuubi, loosing it's bond. That was on Minato, not Kushina. And even if we presume the Kyuubi got the chance to rampage, destroying the Uzumaki wouldn't fit. Kushina was brought to Konoha and the sealing was apparently done there. So if the Kyuubi got freed, then Konoha should have suffered, not them.

Though given the Kyuubi's flashback about it's own sealings, Kushina may not have been that young when she gained it.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Age shouldn't have mattered, not for them. They didn't need to actually control the Kyuubi, only bind it away, and that only depended upon their special chakra. The only point Kushina ran into trouble was when Minato shrunk the Kyuubi, loosing it's bond. That was on Minato, not Kushina. And even if we presume the Kyuubi got the chance to rampage, destroying the Uzumaki wouldn't fit. Kushina was brought to Konoha and the sealing was apparently done there. So if the Kyuubi got freed, then Konoha should have suffered, not them.

Though given the Kyuubi's flashback about it's own sealings, Kushina may not have been that young when she gained it.
    Age should certainly matter, if not for the skill of using the chakra, then at the very least for the chakra itself to mature to be able to handle the Kyuubi. Or do you think a new born Kushina was able to suppress it with her chakra chains?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

this is konoha doing ... they don't need Uzumaki anymore and they killed them ....

for konoha non senju clan are only some pawn who should be sacrificed for konoha interest ....... Uzumaki , Uchiha , hyuga ......
    خداحافظ

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i was gonna make a thread like this lol

i was also wondering what the uzumaki had that made them get focused. although i understand the long lives and sealing jutsu, there are much bigger threats tat need to be focused. they got attacked from all sides but it makes you wonder where konoha was during all this time? and how come they got picked off first? what did the uzumaki have beside chakra? they mustve had some secret otherwise they wouldnt have been attacked by all sides and the fact that konoha let their close ''allied'' village get destroyed means something. we've seen major deception in the head offices of konoha, maybe there was some more...

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, Konoha is just as shady as any other village with their doings. It is very possible without a strong Senju presence in Konoha that the Uzumaki's could have lost their value to the village as a whole and could have been wiped out so their secrets couldn't have been revealed.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

The Uzumaki could have for the most part been killed off, with only few remaining survivors who dispersed to other villages, or people who migrated before teh destruction of the village. They were killed off because of their sealing prowess, according to Kushina. I think Danzou could have played a part here because the Uzumaki would continue to harbor the Kyuubi, and their powerful sealing techniques could make life difficult for him. Given his knowledge of seals, he could have gone to them for information and possibly had them killed to avoid any leaks or loose ends.

Madara might have done something, actually, for similar reasons.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The Uzumaki could have for the most part been killed off, with only few remaining survivors who dispersed to other villages, or people who migrated before teh destruction of the village. They were killed off because of their sealing prowess, according to Kushina. I think Danzou could have played a part here because the Uzumaki would continue to harbor the Kyuubi, and their powerful sealing techniques could make life difficult for him. Given his knowledge of seals, he could have gone to them for information and possibly had them killed to avoid any leaks or loose ends.

Madara might have done something, actually, for similar reasons.
    think at that time the leaf already was formed so i think its safe to say that the uzumaki were killed off by other villages(there seals would make it hard to get the other tailed beasts , and like Kushina said there longevity freaked people out they feared the "village of longevity" .... the uzumaki must have know a lot of history maybe thats why they were killed off aswell....because they knew to much ? they as it seems were the most feared(even Senju and Uchiha feared the Uzumaki and there seals)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    this is konoha doing ... they don't need Uzumaki anymore and they killed them ....

for konoha non senju clan are only some pawn who should be sacrificed for konoha interest ....... Uzumaki , Uchiha , hyuga ......
    Oh yeah, remember how madara called nagato? He's a senju. If he's an uzumaki according to obito then why hell madara called him a senju? There's something more for being a senju and uzumaki. Why would the konoha would dare to annihilate the uzumaki clan? Hiruzen must know that and so is minato. Or do you really think danzo and his lapdogs has the power to killed the entire uzumaki?

And the konoha isn't responsible for the uchiha's annihilation. The konoha never sacrificed the uchiha for their own sake. T'was the uchiha who planned for a coup and t'was itachi and obito who killed them all. It only means that the uchiha clan are all arrogant bastards. The reason why itachi betrayed them is because their plan is useless and nonsense.
    No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all your POWER/STRENGTH is no more useful then a squirt gun. And if you cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at will?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Oh yeah, remember how madara called nagato? He's a senju. If he's an uzumaki according to obito then why hell madara called him a senju? There's something more for being a senju and uzumaki. Why would the konoha would dare to annihilate the uzumaki clan? Hiruzen must know that and so is minato. Or do you really think danzo and his lapdogs has the power to killed the entire uzumaki?

And the konoha isn't responsible for the uchiha's annihilation. The konoha never sacrificed the uchiha for their own sake. T'was the uchiha who planned for a coup and t'was itachi and obito who killed them all. It only means that the uchiha clan are all arrogant bastards. The reason why itachi betrayed them is because their plan is useless and nonsense.
    Maybe Nagato had a uzumaki mother and a Senju father(thus making his body closer to the sage then a pure uzumaki or a pure senju) and thats why he was picked to be the host for Madaras eyes.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Age should certainly matter, if not for the skill of using the chakra, then at the very least for the chakra itself to mature to be able to handle the Kyuubi. Or do you think a new born Kushina was able to suppress it with her chakra chains?
    If age mattered, then the whole Jinchuuriki concept would fail. But as we seen via Naruto, Gaara, and Kirabi, as long as the host is compatible with them, the Bijuu can be sealed within them. Now actually using the Bijuu's chakra seems to be where skill comes in. Remember, the Kyuubi wasn't just sealed in Kushina by just her chakra. There was an external seal too.
    Last edited by Rikudou King; February 02, 2013 at 07:27 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast