Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Naruto's background

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto's background

so, like.... where are his grandparents?

why didnt they take care of him when he was born?

why did everyone know naruto had the fox sealed in him? when kushina got it sealed in her it was a major secret. although some nin saw it get sealed you'd think they'd keep it a secret like they did for kushina

i know the uzumaki got spread around but what about kushina and minatos parents? i know it wouldnt really fit in the story but sill i mean they should be in konoha...right?

I really hope this gets covered before the manga ends cause ive been curious about this for years now

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto's background

The Uzumaki may not have come with Kushina, they probably stayed in their village. Kushina looked old enough to take care of herself (about 5-7 is old enough, methinks).

Minato could be a war orphan as well, whether early in age or way later.

They probably couldn't take care of Naruto for some reason. Or maybe one or two of them did but died during Naruto's youth. He could have repressed that memory if he was old enough to remember it. Kushina came from Uzishio (?), so it's logical her parents were likely from there. THey may not have moved to Konoha and probably thought Kushina would be in good care.

Everyone knew Naruto had the fox sealed in him because the hokage probably wanted that to be known so Naruto would be seen as a hero. Plus, you have two other people there who saw Minato seal the fox into Naruto, and judging from Hiruzen forbidding any mention of Kyuubi bein sealed in Naruto way later, this could have been due to the reaction Naruto got.

Just as likely the grandparents didn't want Naruto because they blamed him for the death of their loved ones and/or Konoha.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda sure both Kushina and Yondaime were orphans, so no one could take care for Naruto... Except Kakashi and Jiraiya.
    If I were in Naruto's shoes, I would take both of them by the balls, hang them ( still by the balls ) and let them suffer for a week.

As for his secret being revealed, its plot.
    Its beyond stupid to do so, since it would paint a giant target on his head "come and get me, I'm a lonely Jinchuuriki hated by everyone!!1!!"

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i can understand them being scared of naruto but if they knew that minato intended for naruto to be seen as a hero wouldnt there be some people that cared and respected him besides kids, iruka and the third? i mean i know its scary to think he might go on a rampage but after like 5-6 years you'd think they'd get comfortable with him around everywhere. its not like the thunder village where they constantly tried to tame it.

PLus why wasnt he ever targeted? the other jins seemed to have had some troubles along the way and even kushina was kidnapped. im sure someone wouldve attacked him or kidnapped him. he lived alone where was his caretakers?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The Uzumaki may not have come with Kushina, they probably stayed in their village. Kushina looked old enough to take care of herself (about 5-7 is old enough, methinks).

Minato could be a war orphan as well, whether early in age or way later.

They probably couldn't take care of Naruto for some reason. Or maybe one or two of them did but died during Naruto's youth. He could have repressed that memory if he was old enough to remember it. Kushina came from Uzishio (?), so it's logical her parents were likely from there. THey may not have moved to Konoha and probably thought Kushina would be in good care.

Everyone knew Naruto had the fox sealed in him because the hokage probably wanted that to be known so Naruto would be seen as a hero. Plus, you have two other people there who saw Minato seal the fox into Naruto, and judging from Hiruzen forbidding any mention of Kyuubi bein sealed in Naruto way later, this could have been due to the reaction Naruto got.

Just as likely the grandparents didn't want Naruto because they blamed him for the death of their loved ones and/or Konoha.
    First, only the ninja who were on the Kyuubi fight new that Naruto was the Jinchuriki of Kyuubi. Then, they hated Naruto in front of their children without telling them why. For this reason, their children also rejected Naruto because they saw their parents reject Naruto. Apart from the rejection, none of the children, and the non combatants knew that Naruto was the fox Jinchuriki. The evidence of this is that Hinata kept asking why his preceptor did not want her to stay with Naruto. Sakura learned about it in the Gaara retrieval arc, and got her confirmation at the bridge of heaven and earth. Sasuke learned it during chunin exam and in the VOTE. Actually, none of the children knew why Naruto was despised.

Second, I doubt Minato was a war orphan from nowhere. Minato knew very well Nidaime's techniques including the S/T jutsu and the sensing techniques. Though he could have learned it from books, I doubt he would be able to state that Tobi's S/T is greater than Nidaime's. Anyway, I am pretty sure Kishi will serve the fan on this. I am predicting that Minato is half Uchiha half Senju. One possible reason is all the people bent on becoming Hokage so far are from these two clans. I also predict that the Sarutobi clan will have the same story as Minato.

Third, I am pretty sure Naruto's grand-parent were dead. And if they were not, then they did not even know they had a grand-son.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I know the children didn't know at all, but the adults did know, whether they fought or not.

How would he have to have parents to know about Niidaime Hokage's techniques? Minato being half Uchiha would be not be a good thing, nor should Kishi ever go down that route. :\ And so far, it was only Danzou and Madara who were hellbent on becoming hokage, as far as we know.

Or they could have lived outside the village. It could go either way, but I think they are dead as well.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    i can understand them being scared of naruto but if they knew that minato intended for naruto to be seen as a hero wouldnt there be some people that cared and respected him besides kids, iruka and the third? i mean i know its scary to think he might go on a rampage but after like 5-6 years you'd think they'd get comfortable with him around everywhere. its not like the thunder village where they constantly tried to tame it.

PLus why wasnt he ever targeted? the other jins seemed to have had some troubles along the way and even kushina was kidnapped. im sure someone wouldve attacked him or kidnapped him. he lived alone where was his caretakers?
    Do you really think hiruzen would let naruto lived alone? He's the son of minato, the fourth hokage. So hiruzen would take some measure to protect him at all cost. He may even assign some anbu to guard him secretly.

And minato knew that the masked man can kidnap naruto anytime. So do you really think minato would let that to happen? Leaving his own son alone without any some sort of parental love sealing no jutsu? minato must know that the konoha can't protect naruto from the masked man.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Land of Eddies was destroyed so it's pretty likely that Kushina is an orphan.

There's also been no mention of a Namikaze clan or family, so it's also pretty likely that Minato was an orphan.

In fact, there are a lot of orphans in the Naruto universe, considering how dangerous the lifestyle of a ninja is, and the importance placed on duty over family. Not to mention the fact that every generation of ninja has experienced world wars.

If they weren't orphans, than their parents certainly died before Naruto was born.

Minato wanted Naruto to be looked at as a hero by the village, however the villagers resented him because of the destruction wrought by the Nine Tails, not only during that attack but several other occasions in the past. Remember, jinchuuriki are almost universally despised in the shinobi world.

Naruto lived alone in a small house and, as seen in the anime, Hiruzen would periodically pay him visits and provide him money for living expenses. However, he was mostly left to his own devices.

He was given the Uzumaki surname to protect him from those who would want to harm him for being the son of Fourth Hokage.

Wind is also a rare elemental affinity amongst the Leaf, so if that's a common trait of the Namikaze family (the name Namikaze does mean "wind and waves") then it was probably a pretty small family, which might help explain why there are none left.

It's possible that the Namikaze family was one of the extant branches of the Senju clan, probably going back to a female Senju ancestor who gave up her name when marrying into another family. Keep in mind that the Senju clan wasn't like the Uchiha, Hyuga, or most other clans. There are several living descendants of the Senju clan, but the surname itself has been lost and the lineage was dispersed and diluted into other clans through marriage.
    Last edited by Suzaku; February 04, 2013 at 05:07 AM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    Second, I doubt Minato was a war orphan from nowhere. Minato knew very well Nidaime's techniques including the S/T jutsu and the sensing techniques. Though he could have learned it from books, I doubt he would be able to state that Tobi's S/T is greater than Nidaime's. Anyway, I am pretty sure Kishi will serve the fan on this. I am predicting that Minato is half Uchiha half Senju. One possible reason is all the people bent on becoming Hokage so far are from these two clans. I also predict that the Sarutobi clan will have the same story as Minato.
    God no, Yondaime is good like he already is, a nameless orphan kicking other's butt because of his own achievements and not God's gift.
    Half-Senju and Half-Uchiha? Bleargh.

As for how much he knows, he is an Hokage, meaning he has access to all the scrolls in the Tower, like, for example, the Forbidden Scroll Hashirama left behind. If Orochimaru found out about Edo Tensei I don't see why someone who can access every information on the village, the Hokage, can't as well

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Do you really think hiruzen would let naruto lived alone? He's the son of minato, the fourth hokage. So hiruzen would take some measure to protect him at all cost. He may even assign some anbu to guard him secretly.

And minato knew that the masked man can kidnap naruto anytime. So do you really think minato would let that to happen? Leaving his own son alone without any some sort of parental love sealing no jutsu? minato must know that the konoha can't protect naruto from the masked man.
    Plot, basically Hiruzen, Kakashi and Jiraiya didn't give a fuck about Naruto ( maybe only Hiruzen cared ) who was left all by himself despite him being the son of their master/student/saviour.
    But then again a well fed, trained Naruto wouldn't really be liked as much as he is by his fans imo

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post

Third, I am pretty sure Naruto's grand-parent were dead. And if they were not, then they did not even know they had a grand-son.
    Now that will be a bombshell....It might explain the speed, intellingence etc... But it would not explain why he didn't end up with a sharingan or rinnegan for that matter...I am leaning towards him being more a Senju than anything else... but Kishi will hopefully clear that up..

I am still suprised by the lack of family for Naruto..clearly there is a lot of history that concerns the whirlpool (given the revelation of a Uzumaki mask room)...how did they even get those? At some stage there must have been some census in Eddy and hopefully geneology was recorded in all that....hopefully those still exist in Konoha...

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post

Plot, basically Hiruzen, Kakashi and Jiraiya didn't give a fuck about Naruto ( maybe only Hiruzen cared ) who was left all by himself despite him being the son of their master/student/saviour.
    But then again a well fed, trained Naruto wouldn't really be liked as much as he is by his fans imo
    I agree - they let Naruto down really badly especially Hiruzen and Jiraiya...
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samsiufan View Post
    I agree - they let Naruto down really badly especially Hiruzen and Jiraiya...
    Hiruzen I can understand, he had a lot of shit going on.
    But Jiraiya? Kakashi? For God's sake, if Kakashi or Jiraiya's son/daughter would be left an orphan, I would expect Kushina and Minato to care for the boy/girl like it was their own

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda sure both Kushina and Yondaime were orphans, so no one could take care for Naruto... Except Kakashi and Jiraiya.
    If I were in Naruto's shoes, I would take both of them by the balls, hang them ( still by the balls ) and let them suffer for a week.
    I feel as if Kakashi is less responsible than Jiraiya, in fact it would seem almost unreasonable for Kakashi to take care of Naruto.

Kakashi was an ANBU Captain up until about a year prior to the start of series. If he was doing black ops missions and risking life and limb for years he wouldn't be the best suited to be taking care of a kid since he was probably never there to begin with. Not to mention when Naruto was born Kakashi was only a teenager.

Jiraiya on the other hand, was Naruto's God Father. He had plenty of wealth and no real responsibilities outside of his spy network and looking for Orochimaru. Why the hell he didn't do a thing is beyond me.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

God no, Yondaime is good like he already is, a nameless orphan kicking other's butt because of his own achievements and not God's gift.
    Half-Senju and Half-Uchiha? Bleargh.

As for how much he knows, he is an Hokage, meaning he has access to all the scrolls in the Tower, like, for example, the Forbidden Scroll Hashirama left behind. If Orochimaru found out about Edo Tensei I don't see why someone who can access every information on the village, the Hokage, can't as well

Yeah, I know that Minato being Uchiha-Senju will be a bombshell, but it will not surprise anyone here. Geniuses seen so far in the manga are more than 90% related to these clans. Another reason I am coining this idea is that I consider all the hint given by Kishi related to the connections between Naruto and Rikudo Sennin. Unlike those who think it is only the will thingy, I think they are connected genetically beyond the Uzumaki side. I think Naruto is connected to Rikudo totally - that is he already has all the requirement to get Rikudo's power. Unlike Sasuke, and others, Naruto does not give any attention to any clan. Closely, Naruto is presented more as neutral than a member of any of the clan. Thus, either Minato might either be a Rikudo's relative as suggested by Raikage for Gin and Kin brother, or he is a mix Uchiha-Senju.

Concerning Naruto's childhood, Jiraya couldn't take care of him because of his travels, and anyway, the elders wouldn't accept it. Hiruzen wouldn't give him special attention because Hiruzen treated all the children of Konoha on equal basis. However, I almost shed some tears when Naruto got out of Konoha for the first time. I remember how he jumped all other the place when they opened the gate. He didn't forget to remind all the team 7 member that he was happy to finally see outside of Konoha. I wonder the number of time he wanted to escape this place where everyone was treating him as a bug.

New Reply