Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 131 Discussion/132 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 131 Discussion/132 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Perhaps they were, I couldn't tell.

It seemed to me that Apple and Michael were FUG from the start, especially as that flashback seems to imply that she was FUG when she joined Koon and Novick.

I had thought that Chickenman was going to be good because he joined because he wanted to meet Androssi. I had, however, fallen for SIU's trick and had expected Dan would be evil though.

Since when did you think that Rachel was going to be redeemed? *Aizen voice*

I would expect that Koon's alive, although you never know. The reason that I didn't mention that Koon was one of SIU's least favorite characters is that the reason SIU gives is that he finds it hard to write wealthy, privileged characters.

Assuming Koon lives, I would think that Baam would try to escape from FUG anyway. Baam had been promised that as long as he didn't fail tests and everything, his friends would live. Here, Karaka (although Baam doesn't know who Karaka is) attempted to kill Koon without Baam failing anything, thereby going against FUG's agreement. You can question whether Yu Han Sung and Ha Jinsung's statements are binding, especially as the FUG faction that YHS and Jinsung aren't part of seem to want Baam to be with a strong team of their choosing.
    Yeah after reading the trans, it seems to be the case that they were FUG from the start. Still confused as to whether Rachel ordered this or whether this was Karaka's plan for Viole to get a new team, could be both - Rachel informed FUG about Koon's plans so his team had to be destroyed and it just so happened that they wanted Viole to get a new team as well. So maybe Viole, Rachel, Apple, Xia, Cassano, white haired dude, Novick and Ran will form a team? Don't know where Horyang will fit in though, couldn't be surprised if one of them gets betrayed to make room for him.

I'm still not sure how he would run away though, maybe after he meets Lero-ro and Quant, he'll express his desire to destroy FUG with the help of walhaiksong, or maybe he'll even go to RED. Right now though, Xia and Cassano are probably in a room with a pissed off Viole, wonder if we'll get to see Viole's first confirmed kill/kills.

I get the feeling that if Koon is alive, he'll have amnesia, but I'm really hoping that's not the case. Also, I read somewhere that SIU will be going on a significant break after this, is that true?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

From LaFa from Batoto.

Quote Quote:
    From SIU:

With this chapter as a turning point (or a point of whateverthatmakesthingschange), the characters' directions will change a bit.
    As I've said earlier, I don't plan on making the Gongbang Battle dark.
    That could imply that Baam will leave FUG. If the Gongbang isn't going to be dark, what is it going to be then? Battles in arenas without the involvement of FUG? FUG's been involved in everything in Season Two, except for The Flower of Zygaena, so I can't believe that they won't be involved in the Gongbang.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

what a wicked game.. i hope, that he somehow survived... maybe Wolhaiksong did something.. whatever, if FUG goes against his agreements, Baam won't hold back.. with the help of another power (Wolhaiksong) he will backfire.. and Rachell + the other shit*** just die.. painful -.-
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Yeah after reading the trans, it seems to be the case that they were FUG from the start. Still confused as to whether Rachel ordered this or whether this was Karaka's plan for Viole to get a new team, could be both - Rachel informed FUG about Koon's plans so his team had to be destroyed and it just so happened that they wanted Viole to get a new team as well. So maybe Viole, Rachel, Apple, Xia, Cassano, white haired dude, Novick and Ran will form a team? Don't know where Horyang will fit in though, couldn't be surprised if one of them gets betrayed to make room for him.

I'm still not sure how he would run away though, maybe after he meets Lero-ro and Quant, he'll express his desire to destroy FUG with the help of walhaiksong, or maybe he'll even go to RED. Right now though, Xia and Cassano are probably in a room with a pissed off Viole, wonder if we'll get to see Viole's first confirmed kill/kills.

I get the feeling that if Koon is alive, he'll have amnesia, but I'm really hoping that's not the case. Also, I read somewhere that SIU will be going on a significant break after this, is that true?
    Yeah, it's not clear whether Rachel ordered it and became Karaka's faction's Irregular or what. Hopefully it'll be clearer going forward.

The white haired guy's name is Michael.

I'm thinking that we'll see Baam, Koon, Ran, Novick, Akraptor, Prince, Yeon, and Wangnan for a team, assuming that Koon survives.

Well, Hachuling, Lero-ro, and Quant will be at the Gongbang, although none of them should be able to compare to Ha Jinsung, so I'm not sure how that would go.

I had assumed that XiaXia, Cassano, and Horyang took off in that golem that flies off. http://mangacow.net/tower_of_god/02-51/25/

I haven't heard anything about a break.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's not clear whether Rachel ordered it and became Karaka's faction's Irregular or what. Hopefully it'll be clearer going forward.

The white haired guy's name is Michael.

I'm thinking that we'll see Baam, Koon, Ran, Novick, Akraptor, Prince, Yeon, and Wangnan for a team, assuming that Koon survives.

Well, Hachuling, Lero-ro, and Quant will be at the Gongbang, although none of them should be able to compare to Ha Jinsung, so I'm not sure how that would go.

I had assumed that XiaXia, Cassano, and Horyang took off in that golem that flies off. http://mangacow.net/tower_of_god/02-51/25/

I haven't heard anything about a break.
    Doubt Baam and Koon will be on the same team after this, wouldn't make much sense for FUG to attempt to kill him then just let him hang with Baam. Plus it looks as though Baam, Novick and Ran will be going somewhere else

I'd expect Ha Jinsung to defect after this, I mean he was already sympathetic to Baam before this but then to find out that FUG made him break his promise to Baam behind his back may be enough for him.

I'm pretty sure Baam, Ran and Novick are in that golem as well, there is nowhere else they can be for them to have survived that explosion. Besides, you can't see any of the light from the fire, suggesting they're inside something. You can see in one of the earlier panels that Baam was inside the golem and Ran and Novick were on a levitating rock which eventually makes up the golem.

Read something on batoto about a 2 month break after this arc

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope now as Xia said we see birth of new FUG slayer (one who kill FUG members)

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Doubt Baam and Koon will be on the same team after this, wouldn't make much sense for FUG to attempt to kill him then just let him hang with Baam. Plus it looks as though Baam, Novick and Ran will be going somewhere else

I'd expect Ha Jinsung to defect after this, I mean he was already sympathetic to Baam before this but then to find out that FUG made him break his promise to Baam behind his back may be enough for him.

I'm pretty sure Baam, Ran and Novick are in that golem as well, there is nowhere else they can be for them to have survived that explosion. Besides, you can't see any of the light from the fire, suggesting they're inside something. You can see in one of the earlier panels that Baam was inside the golem and Ran and Novick were on a levitating rock which eventually makes up the golem.

Read something on batoto about a 2 month break after this arc
    Not all of FUG attempted to kill Koon, however.

I don't know whether Jinsung will defect even with FUG betraying him. Jinsung left the Ha family to join FUG, so...

Maybe, but I can't tell. We'll see next chapter. It wasn't at all clear to me.

Perhaps. I haven't looked through all of Batoto today, although I'm sure we'll see when we get the full afterword.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

SIU, did it again! Another awesome chapter...

Viole got himself new team members, Horyang, Cassano, Xia Xia, Ran and Novick.

I finally get the picture as to why SIU mentioned that Emile will have a role in the upcoming events. Since Aguero's lighthouse is hacked, Emile will be his only way of communicating with his old team mates. This leads me to believe that Aguero might be the “Traveller”, who is looking for Emile.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member salvatore022's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    So Rachel was able to contact FUG and set this all up?

I don't get it...
    that is why i really starting to hate baam's character, he is saving her from fug and she is using fug to get rid of baam's freinds....i cant stand his innocence seriously he is starting to annoy me

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ichiro Suzuki's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, another great chapter. Rachel is so hateable. Killing off Koon seems like kind of a silly plan though. Baam isn't going to be weak forever, he'll get to the point where FUG can't control him anymore. What will they do then?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore022 View Post
    that is why i really starting to hate baam's character, he is saving her from fug and she is using fug to get rid of baam's freinds....i cant stand his innocence seriously he is starting to annoy me
    He isn't saving her from anyone, he himself said that he won't know what to do with her until he meets her. He'll probably hear her story then decide what to do.

Not all of FUG attempted to kill Koon, however.

I don't know whether Jinsung will defect even with FUG betraying him. Jinsung left the Ha family to join FUG, so...

Maybe, but I can't tell. We'll see next chapter. It wasn't at all clear to me.

Perhaps. I haven't looked through all of Batoto today, although I'm sure we'll see when we get the full afterword.
    Yes but it seems that the higher ups in FUG wanted Baam to get a new team as well, wouldn't be surprised if they told Karaka what to do.

Yeah so he isn't the most loyal person based on what we know, his emotions can make him switch sides, granted he's probably seen FUG do similar/worse things but has stayed but this time he's emotionally involved.

Really? I thought it was pretty clear tbh, especially the panel with Baam reaching out to Koon from inside the golem.

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    SIU, did it again! Another awesome chapter...

Viole got himself new team members, Horyang, Cassano, Xia Xia, Ran and Novick.

I finally get the picture as to why SIU mentioned that Emile will have a role in the upcoming events. Since Aguero's lighthouse is hacked, Emile will be his only way of communicating with his old team mates. This leads me to believe that Aguero might be the “Traveller”, who is looking for Emile.
    Don't really understand what you mean, thought the traveller was there before all this went down, are you saying his convo with Emile is in the future? If Koon could trace the hack, I doubt it would be too hard for him to unhack it or just get some new ones.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The odds of Rachel not being a part of FUG are essentially zero. Yu Han Sung (2F Test Administrator) knew she was an irregular, and Hwa Ryun almost certainly knew she was an irregular, so it is not like FUG didn't know she was an irregular which means they would do everything in their power to get her to join. (Why have 1 irregular when you can have 2?)

Now you could ask why they would employ such a convoluted scheme in the 2nd floor to get Baam if they could already get Rachel and there would be some merit to that question, but Rachel clearly wanted to get the hell away from Baam, and as obssesed as Baam was over Rachel, I'm not sure he joins a criminal organization intent on killing people he doesn't know for her, and even if he does, I'm not sure he is at all useful to FUG.

Rachel being a part of FUG, but more importantly actively involved in the scheme, is also the only thing that redeems this as a trap for Koon. There are still some parts that don't make sense (Why in the hell would FUG care about killing E-rank regulars? If Baam cannot pass the tests on his own merit, he isn't going to be able to kill Zahard unless there is something about Baam that would facilitate that even if Baam is technically weaker than Zahard. That could explain him being locked away at the beginning), and it still seems overly convoluted and has serious holes, but it would be even more absurd without Rachel participating in the pulling of the strings.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan, why are you so fucking stupid?

In retrospect, Dan's only purpose was to introduce Emile. Too bad, he had some potential.

Speaking of Rachel, either she's delusional or she knows things about Baam that we don't. Something's missing here.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes but it seems that the higher ups in FUG wanted Baam to get a new team as well, wouldn't be surprised if they told Karaka what to do.

Yeah so he isn't the most loyal person based on what we know, his emotions can make him switch sides, granted he's probably seen FUG do similar/worse things but has stayed but this time he's emotionally involved.

Really? I thought it was pretty clear tbh, especially the panel with Baam reaching out to Koon from inside the golem.
    Yeah, they do, and Karaka seems to be part of the main faction of FUG, which isn't the faction that Yu Han Sung and Ha Jinsung are part of.

Perhaps. FUG sent Jinsung there to kill Baam's team, but Jinsung seems to like Baam and want to treat him as a person, not just as a weapon. Jinsung's in no personal danger as he's a High Ranker, but FUG might take it out on Baam. Perhaps Jinsung not killing Baam's team is why they attempted to kill Baam. Still, you can ask why they couldn't just make a simpler plan and just kill Koon and tell Baam about it. Why go through this long, convoluted plot? How do you know that Baam will definitely come to the Hand of Arlene? There were way too many problems with this plot.

I don't know if this would be enough to cause Jinsung to betray FUG though. It's not as if he can go back to the Ha family now, so then he'd just be a loner, unless he joins Walhaiksong.

I've thought about it and I've though that it seems much more likely that Baam, Ran, and Novick are in the golem as well, but I would think it would make more sense for Baam to kill XiaXia than form a team with her.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Dan, why are you so fucking stupid?

In retrospect, Dan's only purpose was to introduce Emile. Too bad, he had some potential.

Speaking of Rachel, either she's delusional or she knows things about Baam that we don't. Something's missing here.
    "So Dan want to be my legs?"
    "Sure, untie me and lets get started."
    "Ok"
    "Laterz!" And he runs away easily cause he is the fastest person on the 20th floor and lives.

The End.
    ThatoneGuy1277

17. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast