Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 131 Discussion/132 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 131 Discussion/132 Predictions

I don't get the whole "you have to betray people to climb the tower" thing. (Dan referenced it as to why he didn't want to climb the tower) We haven't seen a single instance with the possible exception of the 2nd floor and 20th floor (which wasn't even an official test) where betraying your team provides any advantage. If all of the tests are team battles in which all of the winners pass and all of the losers fail, there is never an advantage. (On that note, more single person tests and tests like the guardian's test on the 2nd floor which was not against other regulars.)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait....Koon? It is my honest hope that Koon survived that explosion. There's zero reason for him to be outmanoeuvred by the likes of Rachel, even with the aid of FUG. Rachel has shaped up to be quite the detestable character. As just a selfish, manipulative, whining girl, she was unendingly annoying. Now, I just want her dead. I'm expecting some reveal on her part, because as things stand she confuses me completely. Either there is some backstory or she's just insane.

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    "So Dan want to be my legs?"
    "Sure, untie me and lets get started."
    "Ok"
    "Laterz!" And he runs away easily cause he is the fastest person on the 20th floor and lives.

The End.
    This must be the first time I thought "Bullshit!" in my head while reading TOG. I don't see a valid explanation of why Dan would talk out of his ass while being offered a chance to survive there. Idk, make him die a less retarded death if he's supposed to die? Instead, he goes on insulting a person who is his only chance of survival. It's not even that I liked him that much. It simply makes no sense.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah and thats what we need more than anything with her is a back story! what family is she from, who are her parents, what do they do, what city did she come from, why was she the only one who could go to baam. Need answers damnit! >_<
    ThatoneGuy1277

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter.
    • I have some doubts, and I would like to be sure I'm not seeing things. In the following summary I'm seeing:

Spoiler show

1. Building point of view: In the first panel, a ship flies away of the hand-building which is about to explote, Baam is in the ship (inside the red circle) watching Koon in the middle of the building

2. In the second panel, the building explotes also with a huge detonation in the middle of the structure.

3. Third panel - Ship point of view: the ship is floating in front of the building which has just exploted; inside the red circle, the site where Koon was standing is the site where the central detonation took place. That is what Baam can see from the ship just after the last explotion.

4. Fourht panel: Baam, Ran and Novik sorry about Koon potential death...

Do you see the same, or I'm wrong in some interpretation?

• Second doubt:

This line: "I didn't do anything wrong." Is it a Baam's line or is it a Rachel's last line in the chapter?

• Something that draw my attention was the faces of Apple and Michael when Rachel stabs Dan are quite telling faces: Those are the faces of a person that witness something that leave you with out worlds... something out of proportion. As if that act, Dan's murder, was not part of the plan... Rachel most be a mad woman that doesn't know what she is doing (and Dan was disposable matter) but useful for the purpose of FUG, or someone mad and also powerful, so that, as a subordinates, Apple and Micheal just can witness her crazy acts and keep the mouth shut up.
    Last edited by ukimix; February 10, 2013 at 02:29 PM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member salvatore022's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Wait....Koon? It is my honest hope that Koon survived that explosion. There's zero reason for him to be outmanoeuvred by the likes of Rachel, even with the aid of FUG. Rachel has shaped up to be quite the detestable character. As just a selfish, manipulative, whining girl, she was unendingly annoying. Now, I just want her dead. I'm expecting some reveal on her part, because as things stand she confuses me completely. Either there is some backstory or she's just insane.
    i wont stop hating her even if that backstory of rachel is baam killing all her families, she will and always be worst character in TOG for me,

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    This must be the first time I thought "Bullshit!" in my head while reading TOG. I don't see a valid explanation of why Dan would talk out of his ass while being offered a chance to survive there. Idk, make him die a less retarded death if he's supposed to die? Instead, he goes on insulting a person who is his only chance of survival. It's not even that I liked him that much. It simply makes no sense.
    Well, even if he runs away, he'd still die.
    He messed with FUG, after all.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bob sagit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: Tower of God Chapter 131 Discussion/132 Predictions

...i just made this account so i could point out somethings to everyone

1) read chapter 1 again ... what is Bamm wearing and what weapon does he have before Black March?

2) what nightmare does Rachel have concerning Bamm?

3) why did Bamm not want to leave his cave?

4) add all this together with what she talked to Harden about (and what he said about her)

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you saying that you think Baam is Rachel's illegitimate child?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Nice chapter.
    • I have some doubts, and I would like to be sure I'm not seeing things. In the following summary I'm seeing:

Spoiler show

1. Building point of view: In the first panel, a ship flies away of the hand-building which is about to explote, Baam is in the ship (inside the red circle) watching Koon in the middle of the building

2. In the second panel, the building explotes also with a huge detonation in the middle of the structure.

3. Third panel - Ship point of view: the ship is floating in front of the building which has just exploted; inside the red circle, the site where Koon was standing is the site where the central detonation took place. That is what Baam can see from the ship just after the last explotion.

Baam, Ran, and Novick definitely appear to be inside the golem, although whether or not you're reading too much into it is unclear.

• Second doubt:

This line: "I didn't do anything wrong." Is it a Baam's line or is it a Rachel's last line in the chapter?
    As far as I understood from some of the tls from Batoto is that both of them are supposed to be saying it.

• Something that draw my attention was the faces of Apple and Michael when Rachel stabs Dan are quite telling faces: Those are the faces of a person that witness something that leave you with out worlds... something out of proportion. As if that act, Dan's murder, was not part of the plan... Rachel most be a mad woman that doesn't know what she is doing (and Dan was disposable matter) but useful for the purpose of FUG, or someone mad and also powerful, so that, as a subordinates, Apple and Micheal just can witness her crazy acts and keep the mouth shut up.
    Perhaps. We all know that Rachel is crazy. While people do betray each other in the Tower, we don't really see people getting murdered in cold blood. After all, while we've seen no evidence of her having significant power, she did appear to be a better Lightbearer than Koon on the Floor of Test, and in the end, she's an Irregular. If Rachel has become Karaka's faction's Irregular, then she'd probably have the power to order around whatever subordinates she'd be given and can use the plan however she wants. Dan was decently useful, so there'd be no reason to kill him, although he did lack fighting power.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    We all know that Rachel is crazy.
    I'm going to disagree.

We don't know why she hates and fears Baam so much and it is more than her just not wanting him to become independent of her. There are quite a few possible back stories that explain if not necessarily justify her actions.

This chapter explains the crazy laughter of Rachel's in the scene when Koon talks to Dan and the rest of the team about her. (I fucking knew she was listening)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter.

Spoiler show

• Second doubt:

That line seemed to be from Rachel, it was there to contrast what she says with what Baam says later on.

Pretty sure Dan was meant to die if he didn't agree to joining, maybe Rachel pretending to be the good guy was part of the plan, maybe it wasn't, but either way Dan knew too much to just let him live. They were probably surprised because they didn't see Rachel as the cold-blooded murderer type. I'm interested in what she says after killing Dan, really want to know what justifications she has for doing this if any.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Yeah, they do, and Karaka seems to be part of the main faction of FUG, which isn't the faction that Yu Han Sung and Ha Jinsung are part of.

Perhaps. FUG sent Jinsung there to kill Baam's team, but Jinsung seems to like Baam and want to treat him as a person, not just as a weapon. Jinsung's in no personal danger as he's a High Ranker, but FUG might take it out on Baam. Perhaps Jinsung not killing Baam's team is why they attempted to kill Baam. Still, you can ask why they couldn't just make a simpler plan and just kill Koon and tell Baam about it. Why go through this long, convoluted plot? How do you know that Baam will definitely come to the Hand of Arlene? There were way too many problems with this plot.

I don't know if this would be enough to cause Jinsung to betray FUG though. It's not as if he can go back to the Ha family now, so then he'd just be a loner, unless he joins Walhaiksong.

I've thought about it and I've though that it seems much more likely that Baam, Ran, and Novick are in the golem as well, but I would think it would make more sense for Baam to kill XiaXia than form a team with her.
    Yeah I think so too, that could be what causes the opening for Horyang to open up. It could also tie in to FUG's plans to make him into a true slayer, hell that could have been the purpose of Koon coming from the start. If FUG wanted to they could have killed Koon with ease, but considering their method it doesn't seem as though their plan was to kill Koon but more for Baam to watch them do it.
    Last edited by abc1233; February 10, 2013 at 03:33 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I'm going to disagree.

We don't know why she hates and fears Baam so much and it is more than her just not wanting him to become independent of her. There are quite a few possible back stories that explain if not necessarily justify her actions.

This chapter explains the crazy laughter of Rachel's in the scene when Koon talks to Dan and the rest of the team about her. (I fucking knew she was listening)
    Technically, all Rachel's done is follow the Tower's rule about betraying others to get ahead. However, the reasons for which she's done it are a bit questionable. She could've climbed normally with Baam and his team. There's no way to normally exit the Tower, so it's not as if Baam really would've stopped climbing.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member salvatore022's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob sagit View Post
    ...i just made this account so i could point out somethings to everyone

1) read chapter 1 again ... what is Bamm wearing and what weapon does he have before Black March?

2) what nightmare does Rachel have concerning Bamm?

3) why did Bamm not want to leave his cave?

4) add all this together with what she talked to Harden about (and what he said about her)

Spoiler show
    seriously stop feeling sorry for rachel, she is sick person,,,,people try their best to make freinds or to make efforts to reach their goals, but her she was the easiest person to find free ride to the 29 floor just tricking backstabing,....
    when she dreams baam leaving his freinds or something like they make that baam have family or something but in truth rachel has family when she used visit in the cave she used to tell she has mission to do or something and she tells him he cant ever get out the cave b.c he is not chosen to go outside, she delayed him there
    she is manipulative bitch, when headon sees her just at glance he tells how sick person she is and he insults her b.c he can tell wht kind of person she is....
    Last edited by salvatore022; February 10, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw man. FUG is so screwed when Baam gets strong enough.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast