Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach

    27 44.26%
  • Gol D. Roger

    34 55.74%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 77

Thread: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

  1. #16
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    Blackbeard with two fruits was afraid to fight shanks and akainu because he knew he couldn't win.
    Blackbeard avoided fighting them to avoid being in trouble. If BB had to fight with his crew, he might win but his crew might get severely injured. Remember when BB was fighting Ace? He told his crew to get away so that they wouldn't get hurt.

  2. #17
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonsagara View Post
    As for the legends not being a match for the giant Sea Kings, two legends have navigated the Calm Belt without the Navy's special boats and without a problem: Rayleigh and Mihawk. Mihawk chased down Don Krieg through the Calm Belt on a miniature raft. Rayleigh swam a considerable distance through the Calm Belt to reach Amazon Lily.
    I do not doubt Mihawk being able to hurt some Sea Kings and Rayleigh hiding his presense while swimming. I really doubt being able to withstand an attack of them by an order of the mermaid princess.

  3. #18
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner solarenergy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Maldives
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    we might not have seen roger fight bt roger is definetly much stronger than bb. whitebeard in his prime was the only one able to go toe to toe with him there is no way bb can beat roger

  4. #19
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    Quote Originally Posted by astute_azure View Post
    Seriously? Dragon lost to Mihawk? Well this is the wrong thread. Just saying though, Dragon is like Garp at his prime, his like Luffy at his prime(future PIRATE KING). And most seem to favor senseless arguments just because hype is not enough.

    Well if Blackbeard wins this one, he might as well become pirate king now.

    O nobody ever recognize that Zoro as shown can be arguably be able to go toe to toe with an admiral, not that he wins. Tss, this crappy tournament should've not included legends, it defames them.
    A title is nothing in a tournament without feats, thats how it works. I agree with your point that these legends or people who have little to no manga showings should never be included in tournaments (unless i misunderstood you).

    Now that they are included, they should realistically lose every single matchup because they have no showings and people should not complain. The fact that Roger beat Marco in this tourney infuriates me.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    Marco?

    Spoiler show



  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #21
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Nuts Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    Quote Quote:
    A title is nothing in a tournament without feats, thats how it works. I agree with your point that these legends or people who have little to no manga showings should never be included in tournaments (unless i misunderstood you).

    Now that they are included, they should realistically lose every single matchup because they have no showings and people should not complain. The fact that Roger beat Marco in this tourney infuriates me.
    yeah, same reasoning as germs/bacteria/virus won't hurt you because you can't see them. whatever dude! nice logic you got my friend

    you seem to forget the importance of titles, a person is easily recognized of their practice and mastery with titles i.e. DR (insert name) MD. When you need medical attention go to one who doesn't have that title it don't matter to you anyway, real or manga wise, your logic/reasoning is nonsensical.
    Last edited by astute_azure; February 05, 2013 at 06:04 PM.

  9. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    Quote Quote:
    you seem to forget the importance of titles, a person is easily recognized of their practice and mastery with titles i.e. DR (insert name) MD. When you need medical attention go to one who doesn't have that title it don't matter to you anyway, real or manga wise, your logic/reasoning is nonsensical.
    Just one addition.

    We got a Crewmember of Gol D rogers Crew, who was a mastermind of the greatest breakout of impel down.

    Who rode side on side with two Ex-Shichibukais.

    Who later became a Shichibukai by himself.

    Who argued with whitebeard like with an old rival.

    Who even opened the gate of justice with his holy might.

    Who survived the strongest swordslash of the world.

    Who was frozen by Aokiji.

    And most of all... is just a damn badass character.

    But i dont see hima round here... i think we all know who i mean...

    Spoiler show


    You see... titles are bullshit.

  10. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #23
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    Yeah right, so Admirals Yonkou and the likes are all bullshit! whatever dude, sick reasoning you got there, tell it to the marines!

    O and mind you that person commands a crew of mighty prisoners.
    Last edited by astute_azure; February 05, 2013 at 09:17 PM.

  12. #24
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    Quote Originally Posted by astute_azure View Post
    yeah, same reasoning as germs/bacteria/virus won't hurt you because you can't see them. whatever dude! nice logic you got my friend

    you seem to forget the importance of titles, a person is easily recognized of their practice and mastery with titles i.e. DR (insert name) MD. When you need medical attention go to one who doesn't have that title it don't matter to you anyway, real or manga wise, your logic/reasoning is nonsensical.
    BB is not going to run away from Roger simply because of his title... Thats just stupid to think that. The rule applies for some fodder but even then, they stand up to these people. Titles mean jack shit if you have nothing to back your claims up.

    I dont understand the analogy you presented, what does not being able to see germs etc have anything in common with how a title has no relevance in a tournament?
    BB should, by rules of the tournament, win. If anyone can provide a panel of what Roger is capable of, then feel free to post it.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  13. #25
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    how stup.. and there you go, with your endless nonsense cycle of "I can't see him do anything, he can't do anything."

    Oh and Roger doesn't have to show anything.
    Last edited by astute_azure; February 06, 2013 at 04:54 AM.

  14. #26
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    Quote Originally Posted by astute_azure View Post
    how stup.. and there you go, with your endless nonsense cycle of "I can't see him do anything, he can't do anything."

    Oh and Roger doesn't have to show anything.
    Yes because he is going to win a tournament with no feats. Please oh please, explain to us how Roger is going to beat Blackbeard, dont worry, everyones eager to see this.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  15. #27
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    Just accept it then, he should not have been included in this crappy tournament, he pretty much owns without showing anything, or you simply lack imagination and acceptance that Roger is PIRATE KING THE STRONGEST

    Nobody yet has surpassed him, otherwise Roger would be WAS the Pirate King, and that is not the case. Yonkou and all are still fighting to become the new one, so clearly no one can be equal in strength to Roger other than Whitebeard at his prime.
    Last edited by astute_azure; February 06, 2013 at 05:10 AM.

  16. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    Just for your consideration. In One Piece u get stronger when u fight a lot and have plenty of rivals, can we agree to that?

    And now think about it... who started the pirateage? Roger. Before his death there were some pirates yes... but it was nothing compared to now, we only have seen some old pirates kicking some ass after years of fighting. Whitebeard could have reached his prime after Gol D was dead after all. Jeff was considered a damn strong pirate who had survived the grandline.... what would he be compared to Sanji right now?

  17. #29
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    Like how Whitebeard is nothing? some pirates? even BB wanted to get level 6 pirates, without them he'd be fodderized\

    not to mention they were all silver medalist to a weak old Whitebeard.

  18. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

    I get what you guys are saying, we didn't see anything from Roger. But, I can't vote for Blackbeard because we all know Roger would beat him. Whitebeard and Roger were equal in a fight. Whitebeard pawned Blackbeard like a nuisance while old, sick and wounded. I can't see Blackbeard having any kind of chance against Roger in his prime, even if he has 5 devil fruits.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts