Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach

27 44.26%
  • Gol D. Roger

34 55.74%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

Quote Originally Posted by astute_azure View Post
    Just accept it then, he should not have been included in this crappy tournament, he pretty much owns without showing anything, or you simply lack imagination and acceptance that Roger is PIRATE KING THE STRONGEST

Nobody yet has surpassed him, otherwise Roger would be WAS the Pirate King, and that is not the case. Yonkou and all are still fighting to become the new one, so clearly no one can be equal in strength to Roger other than Whitebeard at his prime.
    A simple solution would be you explaining how you think Roger will win in this fight. Name any counter to any of BBs attacks. Use your imagination if you want, but be sure to have something to back it up from the manga.

@ Razh

I know in the manga Roger would most likely win, but in a tournament titles mean nothing if there is no back up.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

When i was in School... in national college selection exams, toppers are the ones who use to score around 80-85% ... then that entrance exam started become famous... more students started preparing for it ... more harder as the competition keeps increasing,,, last year who topped scored 99%.. I was dumbstruck... And that 85% from that time , can that guy survive without giving extra efforts and preparations ... or with the same intelligence and hard work he did that time..

Yeah Roger may or may not beat BB.... half dead WB trashed BB (did he,,,, he hit him hard but BB knew that he is not gonna get hit by gura gura power so he took the hit...).. BB wanted to finish the fight early and he used the crew to do that by not risking to attack WB again directly and prolonging things.. giving time for someone to step in ,... I would say he was more of an opportunist than a coward ,,, And it has been two years ... Who knows how much BB has grown in power... how much he got developed with Gura gura no mi .... Darkness sucks in a person hit him with gura gura no mi and then throw them out...

I am not convinced without seeing Roger fight that he can actually beat BB ,,,

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I know in the manga Roger would most likely win, but in a tournament titles mean nothing if there is no back up.
    It would have been great if it applied to every match up so far. Then we wouldn't have Blackbeard beating Enel or Buggy beating Killer. Not to mention Roger and Dragon wouldn't last this long.

In this case, there is a back up. We've seen someone who was said to be equal to Roger in a fight and based on that we can conclude what Roger would be capable of.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    A simple solution would be you explaining how you think Roger will win in this fight. Name any counter to any of BBs attacks. Use your imagination if you want, but be sure to have something to back it up from the manga.
    And how would you prove that BB wins against Roger? Go ahead you seem to have more in your mind that can prove that BB indeed can destroy Roger.

Quote Quote:
    so which manga are these characters from? are they not the same characters having the tournament?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It would have been great if it applied to every match up so far. Then we wouldn't have Blackbeard beating Enel or Buggy beating Killer. Not to mention Roger and Dragon wouldn't last this long.

In this case, there is a back up. We've seen someone who was said to be equal to Roger in a fight and based on that we can conclude what Roger would be capable of.
    Yet a real counter to BBs abilites has not been provided. I understand who Roger is in the Manga and he was equal to WB, but you cannot apply WBs feats to Roger. For example you cannot say Roger would be able to tilt Marineford or die standing. Basically WBs feats are WBs, they do not share abilites therefore should not be used to explain each others strength.

Quote Originally Posted by astute_azure View Post
    And how would you prove that BB wins against Roger? Go ahead you seem to have more in your mind that can prove that BB indeed can destroy Roger.
    Please dont misquote me. I didnt say BB will destroy Roger, i said in this tournament since Roger has shown nothing in the manga (FACT) there is no argument to support him winning against someone who has displayed more combat feats in the manga, regardless of title.

Quote Quote:
    so which manga are these characters from? are they not the same characters having the tournament?
    I dont think you understand what a tournament is. Do you have anything in the manga to show in terms of Rogers abilities?

Read the manga, i dont have to point out BBs abilities to you.
    Last edited by jaymizzo; February 06, 2013 at 08:55 AM.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Yet a real counter to BBs abilites has not been provided. I understand who Roger is in the Manga and he was equal to WB, but you cannot apply WBs feats to Roger. For example you cannot say Roger would be able to tilt Marineford or die standing. Basically WBs feats are WBs, they do not share abilites therefore should not be used to explain each others strength.
    Roger's strength was hinted long ago, and Whitebeard gave us a better feel of the scope of it. Fact is that Roger tied with a man who almost singlehandely destroyed Marineford. I don't know what kind of attacks or abilities he possesed but it seems pretty scary when you think about it. Scary for someone who got pawned by Whitebeard in 2 moves, anyway. I'm done here.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote roger for two reasons.

1- BB has nothing like raw power, he has devil fruit power. Roger on the other hand was not a DF user and achieved being the pirate king. But he was capture at one time and killed so he cant be that great, who knows how many admirals they used to fight that man. Well we have to guess the Haki was sort of a unknown concept for Oda at the time since Roger could have just haki everyonen in there and never be killed XD poor Oda.

2- BB should have lost to Enel. Enel vs Roger would have been epic (even if enel loses by popularity votes)
    2.5- yes im still resented for BB's victory over enel

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josear XIII View Post
    But he was capture at one time and killed so he cant be that great, who knows how many admirals they used to fight that man. Well we have to guess the Haki was sort of a unknown concept for Oda at the time since Roger could have just haki everyonen in there and never be killed XD poor Oda.
    I feel like I should remind you that Roger gave himself up to WG. He wanted them to execute him publicly and he wanted to give message to the world.

Btw, I don't think Oda just thought of Haki around chapter 300 and decided to incorporate it into the story.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote for Roger . I have the feeling he was stronger than BB and he would win this (too stubborn i know)

BTW let's state our opinion in a nice way and be friendly with each other . No need for ironic words that may offend the other . Thank You !

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Blackbeard is strong enough to beat Shanks (and I think he actually will later, in the manga), he's strong as hell. But I can't imagine the Pirate King losing to anyone. I vote Roger, no question.

I'm tired of the discussion about "feats" and whether people like Roger or Dragon should've been included in the tournament. They were, whether we like it or not. So I'm going to vote on the hype, intelligently.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going with Blackbeard due to the hype with his devil fruit and the devil fruit ability he stole - Whitebeard's.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Go Roger Go!! Well dunno bout feats, hype, lack of exposure etc I just don't want BB to win lol because from the looks of the tournament he can win this and I don't want that to happen so Roger wins!! If I will explain how because he is the Pirate king lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care if Roger is Pirate King, God or whatever... I'm voting BB who we actually saw fighting
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    The wonderman wins this.

Certainly Roger has some guts heard in the series, but this is the new age and Teach is the main antagonist to achieve everything with only raw power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I feel like I should remind you that Roger gave himself up to WG. He wanted them to execute him publicly and he wanted to give message to the world.

Btw, I don't think Oda just thought of Haki around chapter 300 and decided to incorporate it into the story.
    O_o oh right he gave up, I wont bother to check, I know you must be right. Then I feel more like voting for Roger

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard
    The men that Roger waits for are a very rare few. But not you, Teach. You are not one of them.
    QED. Blackbeard will never be great enough to stand up to the Pirate King. Not to mention he basically lost to a half dead Whitebeard and had to beg for his life, and later ran away at the mention of Akainu.

Spoiler show
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast