Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.3 / 10)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

0 0%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

3 9.09%
  • 8 (Epic)

16 48.48%
  • 7 (Good)

8 24.24%
  • 6 (Average)

3 9.09%
  • 5 (Below Average)

0 0%
  • 4 (Bad)

3 9.09%
  • 3 (Horrible)

0 0%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Claymore 136 Discussions /137 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 136 Discussions /137 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by The Based View Post
    You're a jerk. The ends might justify the means but you're still a jerk.
    Even if it sounds like that I have only one question for you: do you really think that Awakened Beings and Humanity can live together in peace?
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Even if it sounds like that I have only one question for you: do you really think that Awakened Beings and Humanity can live together in peace?
    It depends on the circumstances e.g in berserk there was a moment where both apostles + humans decided to work together to defeat a common enemy despite apostles eating humans just like awakened beings.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
    It depends on the circumstances e.g in berserk there was a moment where both apostles + humans decided to work together to defeat a common enemy despite apostles eating humans just like awakened beings.
    You do know they see us only as food, right? And do you live in peace and harmony with your food or do you use it to eat?
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You do know they see us only as food, right? And do you live in peace and harmony with your food or do you use it to eat?
    Above has always been the issue for me in Claymore; no matter how we argue wether 'Claymore>awakened being' causes changes in the mind when one crosses from one to the other is irrelivent.

Clearly, claymores don't want to eat humans (not even seen hint of a 'human eating claymore') and awakeneds have the 'requirement' to.

Three things worth noting.

1. We have never met an awakened who never eats humans (only ones who starved themselves to avoid detection and the like, but they eventually had to eat.)

2. We have no idea what DoD eat, or what awakeneds 'can' eat.

3. In some respects we have been shown that Yoma atleast cannot be sustained by normal foods in Precilla's flashback. Dispite being given supplies from outside, and rather than survive on this, the yoma went berserk and ate the rest of the family.

So it seems irrefutable that awakeneds have no choice but to eat humans.

So for living peacefully together (though I doubt it will happen); only afew possible options could be explored.

1. It is possible that humans have a simular chemical makeup to the DoD's natural prey (if DoD prey would satisfy an AB); in which case, if there is such a prey it can't exist on claymore continent. Therefore the claymores would have to go to the contient to get some.

2. It has not been established wether the freshness of the guts is a consideration. If a human dies, it's corpse could be given to the awakeneds in exchange for services.

If the above (2) is implamented either a strong awakened or strong warriors would be required to keep them in line.

Also how many awakeneds are actually left by now; discounting the singles digits who have shown up?
    Last edited by Decepticon; March 29, 2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Just added a discription
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    Until (or should I say, unless) Yagi tells us otherwise, it could go either way. It's his story, afterall... so logic doesn't mean squat. But for argument's sake, assuming Yagi hasn't entirely given up on plot development, I'd prefer logic to... whim.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Also how many awakeneds are actually left by now; discounting the singles digits who have shown up?
    If I remember correctly, all the remaining awakened on the island gathered at Pieta.
    So they are pretty much near extinction right now, Yoma too once Claymores root them all out.

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter! However there are two things i want to point out about people trying to flaw Dae's reasoning. Firstly you lot are forgetting the power gap between Priscilla and Ophelia as fellow claymore 1st digits especially seeing how priscilla is someone who could somewhat stand their ground against Teresa. In addition their individual levels of hate isn't of the same lane, the reason i say this is because ophelia lacks in hate for yoma essentially but has unparreled hate for all AB's. On the other hand priscilla knows she has hate for yoma but what makes her case more interesting is that she thought the head she hacked off was her fathers, that has affected her so much that she lost memories after the operation because the hate was to much, Moreover she can now tap into that overflowing abyss of hate due to her unlocking her memories. Secondly the twins are an exception because they lacked the necessary hate and was not pushed into hating them by the helping hand of the org because their goal at the time was to make sure the success of the soul link would be made.

I hope my post enlightens everyone!!

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

That is all ok, what problem I have with it is that she can create new matter from nothing as long as she hate.
    This defies logic in manga that so far had everything explained logically and scientifically, one of the main reason why I love this manga ( there are no ridiculously OP powers like DragonBall ).
    Hate theory also has flaw with some Claymores who are very powerful but don't hate so much, and CLaymores who hate as hell but are not that much powerful than the ones who do not hate.

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

arguably we can; again using berserk as an analogy the neo-band of the hawks is consisted of a joint army of apostles who are exactly the same as awakened beings + human soldiers; irvine has a good relationship with sonia and treats her like a daughter despite her being "food"; sure maybe yagi is operating under different rules but both series share the whole person turned into a monster thing.

Sure some people would be eaten but is that any different than the real world where bears, lions, tigers ,sharks etc eat people. Do you suggest we wipe out every large predator because they are competition and eat people?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is all ok, what problem I have with it is that she can create new matter from nothing as long as she hate.
    This defies logic in manga that so far had everything explained logically and scientifically, one of the main reason why I love this manga ( there are no ridiculously OP powers like DragonBall ).
    Hate theory also has flaw with some Claymores who are very powerful but don't hate so much, and CLaymores who hate as hell but are not that much powerful than the ones who do not hate.
    you must understand that this is "dae's theory" "not yagis personal theory". or what i would call a writing tool that allows yagi a way of shirking the current power system hes produced. i'm sure its more of a way to throw people off from a real measurement of a claymore/awakeneds power potential. by keeping things in the grey on us he can keep putting up new bs reasons for what makes an individual powerful. personally i think each persons power potential is based in the subconsciousness of ones mind. i also feel its based on the genetics of the dragon kins that were cut up as well. i feel its also based on how well the human body communicates with that yoma flesh on a neural basis over time. its like if you were to get in a car crash and had to relearn everything you lost. your brain would have to make new connections. same gos for how the body communicates with the yoma flesh over time.

New Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20