Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Clearly, claymores don't want to eat humans (not even seen hint of a 'human eating claymore') and awakeneds have the 'requirement' to.
Three things worth noting.
1. We have never met an awakened who never eats humans (only ones who starved themselves to avoid detection and the like, but they eventually had to eat.)
2. We have no idea what DoD eat, or what awakeneds 'can' eat.
3. In some respects we have been shown that Yoma atleast cannot be sustained by normal foods in Precilla's flashback. Dispite being given supplies from outside, and rather than survive on this, the yoma went berserk and ate the rest of the family.
So it seems irrefutable that awakeneds have no choice but to eat humans.
So for living peacefully together (though I doubt it will happen); only afew possible options could be explored.
1. It is possible that humans have a simular chemical makeup to the DoD's natural prey (if DoD prey would satisfy an AB); in which case, if there is such a prey it can't exist on claymore continent. Therefore the claymores would have to go to the contient to get some.
2. It has not been established wether the freshness of the guts is a consideration. If a human dies, it's corpse could be given to the awakeneds in exchange for services.
If the above (2) is implamented either a strong awakened or strong warriors would be required to keep them in line.
Also how many awakeneds are actually left by now; discounting the singles digits who have shown up?
Last edited by Decepticon; March 29, 2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Just added a discription
Great chapter! However there are two things i want to point out about people trying to flaw Dae's reasoning. Firstly you lot are forgetting the power gap between Priscilla and Ophelia as fellow claymore 1st digits especially seeing how priscilla is someone who could somewhat stand their ground against Teresa. In addition their individual levels of hate isn't of the same lane, the reason i say this is because ophelia lacks in hate for yoma essentially but has unparreled hate for all AB's. On the other hand priscilla knows she has hate for yoma but what makes her case more interesting is that she thought the head she hacked off was her fathers, that has affected her so much that she lost memories after the operation because the hate was to much, Moreover she can now tap into that overflowing abyss of hate due to her unlocking her memories. Secondly the twins are an exception because they lacked the necessary hate and was not pushed into hating them by the helping hand of the org because their goal at the time was to make sure the success of the soul link would be made.
I hope my post enlightens everyone!!
That is all ok, what problem I have with it is that she can create new matter from nothing as long as she hate.
This defies logic in manga that so far had everything explained logically and scientifically, one of the main reason why I love this manga ( there are no ridiculously OP powers like DragonBall ).
Hate theory also has flaw with some Claymores who are very powerful but don't hate so much, and CLaymores who hate as hell but are not that much powerful than the ones who do not hate.
Sure some people would be eaten but is that any different than the real world where bears, lions, tigers ,sharks etc eat people. Do you suggest we wipe out every large predator because they are competition and eat people?