Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.3 / 10)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

0 0%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

3 9.09%
  • 8 (Epic)

16 48.48%
  • 7 (Good)

8 24.24%
  • 6 (Average)

3 9.09%
  • 5 (Below Average)

0 0%
  • 4 (Bad)

3 9.09%
  • 3 (Horrible)

0 0%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 136 Discussions /137 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 136 Spoiler thread

Thanks for the explanation Utsune.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Spoiler show
    both of the emotion and the action are two sides of the same coin. to revenge, you must hate first. this would mean there should be a hell of a lot of others as well with this power is it is the true factor.
    however this is this observation from Daee is likely overly simplified. daae is a scientist, not a psychologist. not to mention likely very insane, considering he calmly chatting as two god like demons are duking it out over there. as a scientist he is gonna try to simplify the observation into something he could possibly easily work with. and humans are anything but simple creatuers.
    he is missing something entirely. something a man who can only view others as subjects of experimentation will always miss. what that is, is to be seen. though this seems to hint towards the idea of the psyche of the human self that highyl affects the power and abilities of the claymore.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Dae should ask for Dr. Deneve's opinion...

4. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

He did mention the twins in fact, but he kinda quickly brushed it off as an exception. If I should forcibly explain for the story, I suspect Daae must have produced certain scenarios in their training program which would make his twin candidates (by that I mean all the ones they've gathered) hate youma, which they don't deny in doing for some Claymores. Although really, I would like to hear a more in-depth answer to that.
    Besides indoctrination, I wouldn't be surprised if he played some dirty scenarios in which the closest trainee friends of the twins "were killed" by Youmas. So basically Dae was planning these "accidents" in order to stimulate hatred towards Yomas.
    "I grow on you like a fungus grows on a nail "

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancy View Post
    Besides indoctrination, I wouldn't be surprised if he played some dirty scenarios in which the closest trainee friends of the twins "were killed" by Youmas. So basically Dae was planning these "accidents" in order to stimulate hatred towards Yomas.
    then again, probably nienty percent of claymores despise yoma. considering how much ophelia hated awakened beings and yoma, it is surprising then she was not even more powerful than she was already. he hate drove her insane as much as it did priscilla. yet her power is nowhere near that level.
    then again let us remember who daae is. while likely the one who understands yoma and awakened the most of all, he is a scientist, and is obviosuly sociopathic. more than likely his understanding of what makes a strong claymore is utterly superficial, and simplification of somethign he truly does not understand fully and is taking the lowest common denominator so he can experiment.
    then agian thsi also shows soemthing i have been suspecting for a long time. the psche of the human highly affects their abilities and power asa claymore and also as an awakened being. obviously simple hatred is no where near enough to reach the power of teresa and priscilla, as the likes of ophelia was even more hateful and malicious than priscilla ever was, but she was nowhere near her level fo power either.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

(...) I suspect Daae must have produced certain scenarios in their training program which would make his twin candidates (by that I mean all the ones they've gathered) hate youma, (...)
    I thought about it too when I was writing my earlier post but couldn't see a convincing way for him to do so considering they didn't have any family, only trainers. So how could they make them hate youma? By killing MiB which most probably gave no affection towards them? Plus they were emotionless robots so I don't see how emotions could play part in this.

As for Teresa, I've taken into account that we do not know all about her. But IMO we know enough. It suffices that she wasn't as trigger happy as Priscilla to kill youma, in fact she was reluctant even. She never rushed and didn't seem to care whether some human would get killed because of her tardiness. But most of all it's been said that she was sold by someone (her parents?) to the organization (she had black hair and eyes then - scene 13). And later she referred to bandits as worse than youma. To me all of that clearly shows that there were dozens of Claymores who hated youma more.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ancy View Post
    If they would have such friends (which I doubt considering it was a secret project no one knew about except MiB) there would always be danger of them directing their anger towards MiB, not youma since they could realize MiB were the ones who let it happen (or even that they were the ones who triggered it). After all the whole point of taking infant children was to train them and develop in facilities controlled by them. Contrary to sending a youma to kill someone's parents and taking that someone with them.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

@lordoffantasy
    Yeah, Ophelia is another good example that shows a flaw in Dae's reasoning. But I'm afraid that what Dae says is absolute :/. Pretty weak if you ask me ("they're exceptions", lol).
    Last edited by Goral; February 28, 2013 at 03:40 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordoffantasy View Post
    both of the emotion and the action are two sides of the same coin. to revenge, you must hate first. this would mean there should be a hell of a lot of others as well with this power is it is the true factor.
    Can't say much about the rest of your post, but I generally quite agree with what you've suggested. However, with regards to vengeance, I think I will reconsider my wording a bit. I can't say anything against revenge spawning from hatred because I think you're quite right about that. As for Clare, I think she could be seeking for a 'resolution' instead, and to me that sounds equally feasible. To return a 'favour' she owes Teresa, to consolidate a meaning into her life, etc. And in its simplest form, that doesn't exactly requires hatred. Just a thought

@Goral
    I think I really like Ancy's addition to the subject matter: make the candidates befriend each other, kill them off with youma. Although as creative as I am to think of a method or reason, I would like to know, if what Ancy suggested were true, exactly how and when they carry out the 'training program.' It seems they would have to have the hatred the moment they're turned into Claymore, so half-human half-youma trainees are out of the picture.

EDIT: Just saw your new post and yes I've thought about directing anger to MiB, hence I would really want to know how exactly they came up with Alicia and Beth :P

Just to add, it's entirely possible Teresa was the way we saw her after years of life experience, so loosely saying, she could have hated youma before she became a Claymore, and changed her outlook on things later on. Just pure speculation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

(...) Just to add, it's entirely possible Teresa was the way we saw her after years of life experience, so loosely saying, she could have hated youma before she became a Claymore, and changed her outlook on things later on. Just pure speculation.
    But that would suggest she didn't really hate them that much if after a couple of years (or 10-20 even, which for beings who do not age isn't that much) it could fade. /IMO

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    @lordoffantasy
    Yeah, Ophelia is another good example that shows a flaw in Dae's reasoning. But I'm afraid that what Dae says is absolute :/. Pretty weak if you ask me ("they're exceptions", lol).
    Haha I'm furiously defending for the manga, but I've got to admit I pretty much agree with you and lordoffantasy, on Ophelia and the twins, as well as Daae's reasoning being absolute. And I really wish I would have less of this 'absolute explanation' feel from him

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol impatient eh. It'd be better if you read it when it comes out so don't blame me on the loss of enjoyment :P
    Spoiler show
    That sounds like it explains where Riful-doll came from. The last thing Riful saw before she died was Priscilla brutally dismembering her lover, Dauf. The last thing Dauf saw before he died was Priscilla killing his lover, Riful. The combined desperation, love and hatred towards Priscilla allowed them to somehow fuse with each other but due to the damage Priscilla dealt, it took a long time before the fusion was completed (Riful's lower half was probably used as a womb for this process). Hatred is a strong emotion and Riful-doll outright tells Priscilla that she hates her. Riful-doll doesn't potentially rival Priscilla because she's a fusion between an Abyssal One and a high ranking, but because of the combined hatred they both share towards their murderer.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    But that would suggest she didn't really hate them that much if after a couple of years (or 10-20 even, which for beings who do not age isn't that much) it could fade. /IMO
    No I think a 180 degree turn in this subject matter is possible. I personally know a lot of people in real life coming to forgive individuals they absolutely hate and despise with their life, not to mention I was one of them. Even if it wasn't forgiving, which I doubt Teresa did, the focusing-on-hatred could very possible become a focus-on-something-else entirely given the time to think through certain things in life. But really, like I say at the end of every single one of my post, I wish Yagi would do exxtra scenes on these hahaha

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for explaining some details Utsune, got me very interesting... such intense chapter, all I could say about it is: f**k....
    We got mix of combat and text witch is awesome, a lot of explanation witch should be interesting to read, Riful-doll is holding her ground ( and both of them are smiling witch is kind a creepy but ok... ) and we got a twi... sorry AN AWESOME TWIST!

Men, if every chapter was like this one... can't wait for translations. And the thing that suprised me the most was this, for this I can only say: thing are going to become very serious in next chapter...

Off course the things I disliked.... Ghosts are still standing and commenting.... Chronos and Lars too. It's a freaking battle not a sport event... ( Daae and Rubel are excluded because they are too far away, they have no yoki so they are pretty much undetectable and Daae is mad scientist so it's ok ). And looking from the power side Claymore is becoming more and more ridiculous with OTT characters. Not only that we have Priscilla and upgraded Riful+Duff thing but now we also have Priscilla 2 who is not only that but merge between Priscilla and Cassandra - one very powerful AO and the most powerful AO in existence... it seems that Yagi likes to play with power levels, maybe he watched some Dragon Ball Z and said "why the f**k not!".

I am seriously doubting Clare's ability to kill her, even if she awakens.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gene and TSS for the fast chapter!

Here my translation! Enjoy! :3

Malicious Devouring (Erosion)

The fierce awaken beings!!

The blades that endured countless battles cut through the Abyssal
    • Helen: Kuh..
    • Helen: Wow- Incredible - Truly effective attacks. We are not even needed as this continues.
    • Helen: What's wrong, Miria (Captain Sis)? It is just as you planned, right. Beautifully appeal to them into getting involved. Incredible!
    • Miria: No, that's not right. Our aim is to draw out Cassandra's sense of self, but right now it is...
    • Deneve: It doesn't really matter. Just go along with it as it is and defeat her.
    • Deneve: Priscilla is battling with that unknown being right now. It is an opponent with matching power, no matter who is left standing at the end, more likely it is going be at the brink of death.
    • Deneve: In that case, the ones over here. No, even only those male awaken beings observing over there would go and deal the finishing blow.
    • Helen: The awaken beings that gathered here that do survive at the end. If we pick them out one by one, then they would be opponents that we can defeat without trouble.
    • Miria: [ Everything is going according to plan.... But, I feel as if there is something I'm uneasy about...]
    • Miria: What's wrong, Clare? Did you sense something?
    • Clare: Priscilla's yoki has returned to its original state. I'm afraid that the winner had emerged from the battle inside her body.
    • Clare: If that's the case, then why? Why Cassandra's sense of self still have not return?
    • Cynthia: Yuma-san!
    • Yuma: It's...It's alright... I'm just a little bit tired.
    • Tabitha: ..... Damn.
    • Tabitha: What's going on? We have already reached this point. We still couldn't find what's remained of Cassandra's sense...
    • Tabitha: Cassandra stopped her movement, and the goal of freeing Priscilla is already gone. Under these circumstances, if Cassandra's sense of self still cannot be recovered, then what is really inside that body over there?
    • Dae: I believe how strong or weak a warrior is, ultimately depends on their hatred towards yoma.
    • Dae: With hatred as the foundation combined with the will to cut down yoma, Offensive type and defensive type are differentiated. At its roots, the formation still lies in the degree of hate towards the yoma
    • Dae: Starting from the period of the twins, we relentlessly look for the ones who possibly had tragic experience and history with yoma to become warriors. Of course, there are some cases which were orchestrated personally by us.
    • Dae: Indeed, there were countless of those who lost their themselves (hearts or souls) from those experiences and died after the blood and flesh of the yoma were implanted into them. Even comparing those with orphans who were raised as warriors, there is still noticeably differences.
    • Dae: I remember, that is organization's No.2 Priscilla, the one who killed the yoma who have transformed into her father.
    • Rubel: That's not a really a big deal. This kind of experience often happened to the upper ranked warriors.
    • Dae: That's right, but the interesting thing is still at the end.
    • Dae: I'm afraid, she already know the so-called yoma being that she killed is actually her real father.
    • Rubel: What?
    • Rubel: How did she actually know this?
    • Dae: Perhaps, from her intuition at the moment she cuts off the head, or the expression shown on the head, ultimately she believed without a doubt that was the head (brain) of her father.
    • Dae: Eventually at the time that she became a warrior, she had completely lost all memories relating to that event. All that was left was her unusual hatred for yoma.
    • Rubel: ...... This is really the first time I've heard this....
    • Dae: The strong hatred toward yoma, and the flesh and blood of yoma in their own bodies. To the warriors, the hatred toward yoma and themselves, perhaps, it's the source of their power for them who could no longer be called human.
    • Dae: Even in this point, Priscilla is still at the extreme top. The hatred and self-hatred that even herself could not understand, the opposing forces inside her body gave birth to a considerable crazed gigantic power.
    • Lars: What is happening? That guy... No matter how much she is wounded, she could instantly regenerate...
    • Chronos: Is that really regeneration....?
    • Rubel: What?
    • Dae: All that talk was still merely speculation, but judging by that regeneration-like thing coming from Priscilla, it is actually her hatred's manifesting into form through her body . Drawing out the endless hatred into living forms (body) and keeping it under control with her human-like form, perhaps that is the true nature of Priscilla's frightening unique ability.
    • Rubel: It is not regeneration, but recreation...? That is God-like (God's territory). Facing something like that, who could possibly win?
    • Dae: I'm delighted to say that no one could win.
    • Dae: That's why, even that self-separated left arm miraculously still contained that kind of life force. Even after it is detached, it still had power to let three Abyssal Ones regained movement.
    • Dae: Cassandra already ate Roxanne, and received this kind of originating force. In turns, Priscilla was able to control her even further. She could even be considered a separate part of Priscilla already.
    • Dae: After the separate part merges with the original part, she would become a being with the strongest power.
    • Dae: No, that kind of saying is not correct.
    • Dae: This is truly the pinnacle of awaken beings, Priscilla's true form.
    • Helen: Stand... She stands up....
    • Octavia: What? You could stand up like this.
    • Octavia: Eh? Is your face originally long like that?
    • Helen: What? Looks like she's not listening, why can't you be good and listen?
    • Miria: Everyone, hurry run! Gain as much distance as possible from here.
    • Octavia: Tch.
    • Helen: Ow.
    • Clare: Priscilla....

That body has already taken form of the revengeful enemy.

P.S. Note: I'm not 100% confident at my translation of Dae's explanation of Priscilla's power.
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; March 01, 2013 at 04:05 PM.

17. Thanks 21 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

More priscilla garbage. I just want her to go away, but she is so ridiculously powerful i don't know how she can die. And now Cassandra turned into priscilla too? It is getting to be a little too much.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member claremore's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you GEG - I like this chapter, though I am not fully grasping the explanation of Dae. So about her hatred manifestation, I take that as long as she is fiilled with hatred she is completely indestructible?
    And about Casasndra, it appears she is really just an extension of Priscilla now, we could consider her out of the picture
    Last edited by claremore; February 28, 2013 at 04:31 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast