I'm not sure if i'm the only one who found this "plothole" or "inconsistency" or maybe it's neither.
But we found out that Kabuto had been a spy for Sasori from the very beginning but due to being under a jutsu that he could not remember his real self or whatever. I then assume he was found by Nonō Yakushi. and after those events at the orphanage he became a spy for root and eventually became a target for assassination by Root.
Now the thing about this is that Danzou is supposed to be a underground dark leader type of character. Controlling a group about equal to the Anbu.
How could he NOT have known that Kabuto was alive when Kabuto rejoined the leaf as "Yakushi Kabuto".
He's sporting the name of a famous and skilled ninja and the higher ups would not know of his existence?
I mean how could Root seriously miss that some kid is going around in the village using one of their best Ninja's last name.
I call plot hole together with inconsistency.
But on the other hand it was also Orochimaru who came up with that life for him. Maybe he fixed the paperwork or something like that =I
Most likely Kabuto was tolerated by Danzou thanks to Orochimarus connections to Root. Don't forget that Danzous Sharingan Arm was Orochimarus doing, so obviously those two where collaborating even after Orochimaru had left the village.
And i'm not sure but didn't Danzou and Orochimaru stop communication after Orochimaru left?
I mean yes they had been collaborating on some heavy stuff like the Shodais cells and the sharingans but i'm guessing this was all when he was still in root.
---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------
As for Kabuto, Danzou may not have known what side he was playing anymore. He probably knew Orochimaru was invading but chose not to do anything about it so he could take control of the village at the time. Granted, he wasn't in the story then so Kishi probably reconned it but still it's kind of explainable.
I always assumed that Danzo allowed Kabuto back because he wasn't aware of him joining with Orochimaru yet or that he remembered Nono after all that time. Kabuto probably played it off and pretended to be loyal, giving Danzo no reason to suspect him of changing sides or reason to try and get rid of him again.
If it all happened while Orochimaru was still a Konoha Ninja then that would be the true plothole. Remember that while he was still part of the leaf all of his Hashirama splicing experiments ended in failure. At that point his experiments where killing one test-subject after another and he wasn't even aware Yamato survived, so how would he have been able to create a successful hybrid ala Danzou?Quote:
Didn't Danzou go underground for a while? He said it himself - that he went into hiding or something to avoid any attention. He probably wasn't aware of Kabuto, was he?
Or did he see Kabuto again with Orochimaru after Kabuto killed his foster mom? I forgot.
Orochimaru specifically told Kabuto he would protect him from Danzo if he joined him.
Timeline goes like this:
- Kabuto was found by Mother as an amnesiac orphan outside of a destroyed village.
- Kabuto was taken in by her orphanage and taught healing techniques.
- Danzo called Mother back into service of Root, using her assumed identity of Nono Yakushi, a medical captain.
- Danzo recruited Kabuto into Root.
- Kabuto and Nono were sent on undercover operations to various countries, while Danzo supplied them false information about each other.
- Danzo arranged a situation in which Kabuto and Nono would kill each other, to prevent the intel they gathered from being used against him.
- Kabuto killed Nono, and Orochimaru recruited him, promising him use of a laboratory for medical experiments and protection from Danzo.
- Orochimaru gave Kabuto an assumed identity as a Konohagakure genin and the adopted son of Nono Yakushi.
- Together, Orochimaru and Kabuto founded Otogakure as a village that would celebrate individuality rather than destroy it, like Konohagakure's Root.
- Kabuto became Orochimaru's right-hand man, helping him conduct experiments and gather intel as a spy.
- Orochimaru assigned Kabuto to spy on Akatsuki. Kabuto became Sasori's underling and Sasori used a jutsu to control him.
- Orochimaru broke the control jutsu and turned Kabuto into a double agent.
Of course, this was all explained explicitly during his fight with Sasuke and Itachi. All you had to do was read it.
There is of course still the mystery of who Kabuto really is, and why he was the only survivor of a battle that destroyed an entire village, but that may never be touched on as his story seems to have been largely resolved.
Last edited by Suzaku; February 10, 2013 at 06:47 AM.