Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week Magi's chapter?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

7 31.82%
  • Excellent

15 68.18%
  • Top 10 in Magi

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Magi 173 Discussion/174 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 173 Spoiler Thread

omg i hate how they do the cliffhanger every chapter TaT finally alladin is going to kick some butt cant wait

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 173 Discussion/174 Predictions

Yay, Aladdin is back. Aladdin using his magi powers should be spectacular at this point. Excited to see what he's capable of.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The Fanalis are surely is strong but the magicians are great too surviving their attack now comes Alladin with 3 Ugo!!! This is getting really exciting can the Fanalis handle Alladin or they need help from their own Magi or Alibaba ^^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner lampo's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally his power is back, it's showtime!! I wonder if scheherazade is aware that aladdin is a magi? Titus thought he was a magi's subordinate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Eheh, now Aladdin is going to kick some assess.
    Good chapter and the cliffhanger was just epic.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is the author is totally teasing us about Aladdin XD

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 173 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aegon-rokudo View Post
    Spoiler show
    ^And I thought this was a joke *shot*

My gawd! Mu's metal and household vessels are freakin' awesome! Muron reminded me of Morgianna at some point I don't know why and Rohroh is scaring me I don't have any comments on the "strength magic" or Barbatos' powers, except that Ohtaka has a great sense on making what type of power a character should posses.

And YES. ALADDIN. 3 Ugo-kuns in one go. HELL YEAH But I doubt that he'll be able to last long on using his powers. I think his body might not be able yet to take the sudden flow of rukh or magoi considering his physique. And I'm kind of worried about those veins...

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I expected a bit more than just some kind of laser beam from the Fanalis's metal/household vessels lol. It's okay for me, as it destroys the only clear weakness they have, extreme long range attacks, but I hoped for a little bit more.

Besides that great chap, can't wait to see Aladdin kick some ass The Fanalis Corpse were portrayed pretty beast-like so my sympathy for them is relatively low. Their performance was impressive but I prefer the more calm ones, like Masrur and Morgianna.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no problem with Fanalis corps's weapons mechanism. Such long-range attack power is extremely useful for fighters who mainly relied on hand-to-hand combatants instead of Magic. If their vessel powers suddenly makes them able to fly too, I'm betting my money that Magnostadt would be decimated in minutes. So far this war is mostly leaning towards the Raem side; I really want to see how's the real power of Magnostadt.

As for Aladdin, while on one side I was happy that he was not become a hero in one day like previous chapter, I really want Aladdin to wipe out all those barbaric Fanalis in one-go by using his own power. I'm hoping that the result of his training should be shown - show me his inb4 power as a Magi.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the chapter! Also, I liked the explanation of the Strength type of magic, I was wondering that since I read it.

I think it's useful for this Fanalis and it clearly shows what kind of souls they have. Instead, Morgiana has a household vessel more gentle. And I agree, I like more the calm ones. Seems that only the ones who were slaves for long are like that.

Hum, now I guess we will see Djinn Equip from Mu which will raise things up, but I really like how defines the golems are. It should be in no time that Aladdin can summon dungeons and Djinns, as I see it.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have much else to contribute. Everything was pretty awesome! As others mentioned, it makes sense for RohRoh and Muron to have household vessels suited for long range attacks.

I hope Aladdin can last long enough to deal with the Fanalis... and I hope either the Kou Empire or Alibaba show up soon (in the next couple chapters). I wonder if Ali got lost or something.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

It was painful to see the magicians getting torn in two pieces like bread. Ohtaka did a good job in expressing their pain and fear. I got worried for the teacher (what was her name again ?) but luckily Sphintus is already trying to heal her. Aladdin's intervention is one hell of a crowning moment of awesome !

I noticed something with the Fanalis : some of them have names related to jewelry.
    Morgiana is derived from the arabic word "Marjan" which means coral. Coral can be used to make jewelry. Yaqut, the name of one of the two random Fanalis seen in this chapter, means sapphire in arabic. And Rohroh can be seen as Lo'Lo or Lu'Lu which means pearl in the same language.
    Mu, Muron and Razol don't ring a bell to me. Could be something else. And in case you didn't know, Masrur means happy which is quite ironic.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Every manga is shit when Bleach is absent Bad Chapter.

This is like a gangs battle when from every side there's a counterattack, next chapter wizards takes the flag and then Reim, which is said to be a great empire... why there is only three people attacking? well, they are strong but that doesn't explain why the magicians stood doing nothing but Bolg.
    Aladdin born as a Magi, he couldn't obtain all his powers after a time, i get it... but then all the Ruhk came an he couldn't control it, i don't get it. The explanation about Power Magic was obvious but still necessary, the better of the chapter to me... even the drawings weren't remarkable.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Every manga is shit when Bleach is absent Bad Chapter.

This is like a gangs battle when from every side there's a counterattack, next chapter wizards takes the flag and then Reim, which is said to be a great empire... why there is only three people attacking? well, they are strong but that doesn't explain why the magicians stood doing nothing but Bolg.
    Ever heard of the term arrogance? Magicians were flying in the air and felt like they couldn't be harmed, not to mention that they wiped out most of the Fanalis Corpse. Arrogance and a false feeling of security can easily end in a downfall, as can be seen in this chapter.

Imagine sitting in an aircraft. Let's say you threw some bombs and nearly all your enemies are dead or disabled. You are flying far above your enemies who can only use their fists. Heck, you even have a protective shield, there's just no way a few remaining brutes could harm you in any way. Wait, what are they doing? And all of a sudden three laser beams tear up your aircraft. The same happens to your comrades around you. All of a sudden you're overwhelmed by fear, panic breaks loose and you only want to get out of this freaking mess.

Yes, that should give you a good idea about how those magicians felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Aladdin born as a Magi, he couldn't obtain all his powers after a time, i get it... but then all the Ruhk came an he couldn't control it, i don't get it. The explanation about Power Magic was obvious but still necessary, the better of the chapter to me... even the drawings weren't remarkable.
    Ever heard of the term sensory overload?

"Sensory overload occurs when one of the body's senses experiences over-stimulation from the environment".

Aladdin was separated from all the Rukh (Rukh = The energy all around you) around him for months and all of a sudden it pours into him like a waterfall. This isn't your usual silly hero who defies all logic. Aladdin has a human body and thus experienes the same body reaction everyone else would have.

Imagine you couldn't feel any heat for months and all of a sudden the feeling comes back and it's +30 degree all around you. Yes, your body would go nuts. Same happened to Aladdin and I'm really happy Ohtaka used logic here.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Ever heard of the term arrogance? Magicians were flying in the air and felt like they couldn't be harmed, not to mention that they wiped out most of the Fanalis Corpse. Arrogance and a false feeling of security can easily end in a downfall, as can be seen in this chapter.

Imagine sitting in an aircraft. Let's say you threw some bombs and nearly all your enemies are dead or disabled. You are flying far above your enemies who can only use their fists. Heck, you even have a protective shield, there's just no way a few remaining brutes could harm you in any way. Wait, what are they doing? And all of a sudden three laser beams tear up your aircraft. The same happens to your comrades around you. All of a sudden you're overwhelmed by fear, panic breaks loose and you only want to get out of this freaking mess.

Yes, that should give you a good idea about how those magicians felt.

Ever heard of the term sensory overload?

"Sensory overload occurs when one of the body's senses experiences over-stimulation from the environment".

Aladdin was separated from all the Rukh (Rukh = The energy all around you) around him for months and all of a sudden it pours into him like a waterfall. This isn't your usual silly hero who defies all logic. Aladdin has a human body and thus experienes the same body reaction everyone else would have.

Imagine you couldn't feel any heat for months and all of a sudden the feeling comes back and it's +30 degree all around you. Yes, your body would go nuts. Same happened to Aladdin and I'm really happy Ohtaka used logic here.
    I agreed with Magicians being arrogant, after all the Fanalis was bothered about those screams supported by their air superiority, that's the proof. But still i can't but stay in my words, if they aren't confident about their own skills, why are they fighting a war? People who trained more than Aladdin is losing their senses because an upper hand? That's not real, therefore not logic.

I didn't knew that meaning, thank you Nii-chan. But say Aladdin wasn¡t separated from all the Ruhk, he started using his own Magoi hence his life Ruhk as magician since he put those stones. His body now is trained and is able to bear the recoil of using magic, that's why i argued. His body is better than before, and his condition should not be a problem more than Ruhk beggining to acknowledge his Magi status.

About your example, i would get a heart attack

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast