Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week Magi's chapter?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

7 31.82%
  • Excellent

15 68.18%
  • Top 10 in Magi

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Magi 173 Discussion/174 Predictions

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 173 Discussion/174 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    I didn't knew that meaning, thank you Nii-chan. But say Aladdin wasn¡t separated from all the Ruhk, he started using his own Magoi hence his life Ruhk as magician since he put those stones. His body now is trained and is able to bear the recoil of using magic, that's why i argued. His body is better than before, and his condition should not be a problem more than Ruhk beggining to acknowledge his Magi status.
    It doesn't go the right way, I think. Not because you've already trained your body or mastered a certain physical activity, you can already handle the "recoil" it will cause on you.

Like in boxing, boxers are needed to train months before they go into a fight. This is for the reason they need to condition themselves so they could handle the blow-by-blow errr... battle in the ring. As for Aladdin, he wasn't able to condition his body before letting a large amount of magoi entered him.

Of course he had some "serious" physical training under Myers, and he have stayed in Magnostadt learning magic, but Aladdin is still a child, and his body is under the maturing stage. In addition, he stayed at the Holy Palace with Ugo-kun teaching him ony about Flame/heat magic, with unknown number of years, compared at Magnostadt with assuming only one and a half years.

There are reasons why he couldn't bear the sudden flow of magoi in his body, and Nii-chan's explanation is a possibility for it.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I agreed with Magicians being arrogant, after all the Fanalis was bothered about those screams supported by their air superiority, that's the proof. But still i can't but stay in my words, if they aren't confident about their own skills, why are they fighting a war? People who trained more than Aladdin is losing their senses because an upper hand? That's not real, therefore not logic.
    While you're seeing what I complained about, with how tides turn too easily and cleanly each chapter, one thing you may have forgotten about the magicians is that they're clearly not built to fight. There has been little to no indication that the rest of the magician populace is actually trained in a militaristic manner, other than making their body stronger, and instead learn heavily towards studying as we've seen. Only reason why this doesn't pose much of an issue with the battle with Reim is that neither side has really shown much military prowess, and the Finalis really don't show that since well they're nothing more than rabid animals set loose but hey they definitely have real fighting experience something I think the mages lack since they're more focused towards studies.

As for why they're fighting a war one way or another they had no choice. Either Reim or Kou empire would have started one whether they had confidence in actually winning a war is a irrelevant matter its just a necessity for them at the moment, it was always either they give up peacefully and ally themselves or fight with whatever pride/racism they have against the goi (with Mogamett as a leader its clear they'd only have one choice). Best that could be done is to rouse them up and instill some sort of confidence and use whatever tools they have but I think its always been clear that Magnostadt is on the losing end. Only thing they really have to their name is the potential nukes they could produce, which unfortunately because its home ground would easily cause more damage to them than to the opponent. I think you may have given Magnostadt too much credit when really end of the day odds have always been against them.

Aladdin does prove a feasible solution given that he only needs to eliminate a few enemies and among those enemies while they are powerful they lack a substantive amount of magoi, he'd simply need to tire them out only one he'd have to confront really is Mu. Aladdin has prior to using his magi ability been a stellar magician and I can't claim that the other mages are any more experienced than him on battle since like I said earlier they've been more interested in studying. Heck if anything Aladdin might have more battle experience than the other mages in that he certainly has battled a varied amount of opponents, not simply fellow mages or rank and file soldiers as magicians of Magnostadt have been shown to generally handle.
    Last edited by Hamy; February 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Cut short on the juicy part. I guess this will be the start of the real fight between the 2 Magi. And I guess that Ali Baba will finally make an appearance next chapter in order to help Aladdin stop the war.
    "Marine Admirals"

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    It doesn't go the right way, I think. Not because you've already trained your body or mastered a certain physical activity, you can already handle the "recoil" it will cause on you.

Like in boxing, boxers are needed to train months before they go into a fight. This is for the reason they need to condition themselves so they could handle the blow-by-blow errr... battle in the ring. As for Aladdin, he wasn't able to condition his body before letting a large amount of magoi entered him.

Of course he had some "serious" physical training under Myers, and he have stayed in Magnostadt learning magic, but Aladdin is still a child, and his body is under the maturing stage. In addition, he stayed at the Holy Palace with Ugo-kun teaching him ony about Flame/heat magic, with unknown number of years, compared at Magnostadt with assuming only one and a half years.

There are reasons why he couldn't bear the sudden flow of magoi in his body, and Nii-chan's explanation is a possibility for it.
    You're right, Yamu is going to die and even Sinbad is affected for using his Magoi.
    But still, the Magicians are beings who has a lot of Magoi to use, the pinnacle of them is the Magi who uses Ruhk from the enviroment to battle and isn't affected by using magic, they born that way... so it's logic to think they are different from other magicians... after all accord the legend, the great Magi get down from heaven to put order to the earth and choose a King. They're special... Aladdin with the stones was like any human, i get it. He takes it, then Ruhk start going directly to them which cause a heavy charge of magic through his body... i repeat, why he isn't able to using that if he is a mage? Also, one question more... if he's a little child using magic, why he wasn't affected by this recoil of using magic? My response... because he's a Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    While you're seeing what I complained about, with how tides turn too easily and cleanly each chapter, one thing you may have forgotten about the magicians is that they're clearly not built to fight. There has been little to no indication that the rest of the magician populace is actually trained in a militaristic manner, other than making their body stronger, and instead learn heavily towards studying as we've seen. Only reason why this doesn't pose much of an issue with the battle with Reim is that neither side has really shown much military prowess, and the Finalis really don't show that since well they're nothing more than rabid animals set loose but hey they definitely have real fighting experience something I think the mages lack since they're more focused towards studies.

As for why they're fighting a war one way or another they had no choice. Either Reim or Kou empire would have started one whether they had confidence in actually winning a war is a irrelevant matter its just a necessity for them at the moment, it was always either they give up peacefully and ally themselves or fight with whatever pride/racism they have against the goi (with Mogamett as a leader its clear they'd only have one choice). Best that could be done is to rouse them up and instill some sort of confidence and use whatever tools they have but I think its always been clear that Magnostadt is on the losing end. Only thing they really have to their name is the potential nukes they could produce, which unfortunately because its home ground would easily cause more damage to them than to the opponent. I think you may have given Magnostadt too much credit when really end of the day odds have always been against them.

Aladdin does prove a feasible solution given that he only needs to eliminate a few enemies and among those enemies while they are powerful they lack a substantive amount of magoi, he'd simply need to tire them out only one he'd have to confront really is Mu. Aladdin has prior to using his magi ability been a stellar magician and I can't claim that the other mages are any more experienced than him on battle since like I said earlier they've been more interested in studying. Heck if anything Aladdin might have more battle experience than the other mages in that he certainly has battled a varied amount of opponents, not simply fellow mages or rank and file soldiers as magicians of Magnostadt have been shown to generally handle.
    Interesting your first point, all the blame to Mogammet who is like a queen ant making a kingdom full of flaws and fodder ants that hasn't a resolution to defend the realm except him.
    The magicians wants to be acknowledge by his arts and skills like any human, the reason why they're fighting is that making a kingdom they will feel confident. But they are weaklings who wouldn't step above others because they study and appears doesn't train what they study. In fact, pitiful to me and don't blame too much the narrative, this is more a fight than a war.

Your third point i don't agreed. Aladdin is getting tired the opponents, so why he wants to talk with Sche? He needs to prove that he's someone to start a talk with her, these chapters have been only for that, not much credit.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Your third point i don't agreed. Aladdin is getting tired the opponents, so why he wants to talk with Sche? He needs to prove that he's someone to start a talk with her, these chapters have been only for that, not much credit.
    Your wording is rather awkward here what do you mean "Aladdin is getting tired the opponents" I can't make much sense out of it... And I do think he would talk to Scherry never discounted that just that well he at least has less opponents to go through in order to make Reim empire listen so to speak since if the current party sent was defeated it would open Reim to negotiations. Even then I think that among his opponents the one he would likely have most difficulty with would only be Mu I'm not too confident in the other two Finalis who were blessed with household vessels being much of a challenge.

Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Your wording is rather awkward here what do you mean "Aladdin is getting tired the opponents" I can't make much sense out of it... And I do think he would talk to Scherry never discounted that just that well he at least has less opponents to go through in order to make Reim empire listen so to speak since if the current party sent was defeated it would open Reim to negotiations. Even then I think that among his opponents the one he would likely have most difficulty with would only be Mu I'm not too confident in the other two Finalis who were blessed with household vessels being much of a challenge.
    I tried to say what both think Aladdin is doing, tiring the opponents without casualties. But then i start asking what will be the outcome of doing that(at my manner though xD) He shouldn't had to begin with the attack, first he was waiting something and then changed his thoughts, that's weird to me.

He wants to talk to Scherry, ok. For what? She will stop the attack? Mogammet will? Both are a no to me.

Hamy, if you understand why Aladdin is doing, i would appreciate if you share it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member givensp's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They're special... Aladdin with the stones was like any human, i get it. He takes it, then Ruhk start going directly to them which cause a heavy charge of magic through his body... i repeat, why he isn't able to using that if he is a mage? Also, one question more... if he's a little child using magic, why he wasn't affected by this recoil of using magic? My response... because he's a Magi
    It isn't that he can use the magic that the Ruk is giving him when he removed the gems, its more that the Ruk is giving him a Lot more magic than they used to give him, and therefore it would take a little wile for his body to adjust to the higher volume of magic that he's receiving.

And the reason he wasn't affected by the recoil previously, was because it wasn't his magic power that he was using for his attack, but using the Ruk's magic power for it, and therefore bypassing his magic power limit on his body.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to say what both think Aladdin is doing, tiring the opponents without casualties. But then i start asking what will be the outcome of doing that(at my manner though xD) He shouldn't had to begin with the attack, first he was waiting something and then changed his thoughts, that's weird to me.

He wants to talk to Scherry, ok. For what? She will stop the attack? Mogammet will? Both are a no to me.

Hamy, if you understand why Aladdin is doing, i would appreciate if you share it.
    I don't see how it couldn't be more clear what Aladdin wants is to stop the war as to how he would achieve that even he isn't aware, why do you think he's been hesitating to jump into battle for the past chapters he was quite vocal about his uncertainty. At the very least he knows he has to stop the ongoing battle at the moment and from there figure out how to proceed, most likely through communications. Of course it seems unlikely both sides would be willing for a truce at that point but I've already said so before Aladdin has absolutely no idea how to proceed much less which side he should take, remember he isn't taking the side of Academy but simply had to intervene because of the worst case scenario he saw coming into fruition (if push came to shove Mogamett has some type of desperate measures that would have likely wiped everyone which Aladdin prioritized to stop but he could not find whatever that tool was or what it was). Aladdin already voiced out his position in the previous chapter so I don't feel its hazy so to speak what he is trying to achieve at the moment. But you know what you have Aladdin who could mediate for the side of Magnostadt and Alibaba (remember he's there) who could easily do negotiations for Reim empire so the option for them to talk or have a negotiator is there, or if not that at least think things through together Alibaba is rather intelligent when it comes to politics as we've seen with his vision for his country.

Only factor I really consider difficult to gauge is the Kou empire and how exactly will they proceed as it is in their best interest to seek the worst outcome, or to create it so to speak.

Also I think you mistook something... I just speculated that Aladdin would prefer to tire our his opponents, well the house hold vessel users, because he's not exactly out for blood given his kind nature would ideally prefer to avoid hurting them either way, and at least that option does exist either through tiring them out or rendering them completely useless with some sort of magic or really strong bolg. I don't see Aladdin trying to harm the remaining Finalis corps which is only really an issue against Mu since he has a metal vessel.
    Last edited by Hamy; February 15, 2013 at 04:02 AM.

Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by givensp View Post
    It isn't that he can use the magic that the Ruk is giving him when he removed the gems, its more that the Ruk is giving him a Lot more magic than they used to give him, and therefore it would take a little wile for his body to adjust to the higher volume of magic that he's receiving.

And the reason he wasn't affected by the recoil previously, was because it wasn't his magic power that he was using for his attack, but using the Ruk's magic power for it, and therefore bypassing his magic power limit on his body.
    The Rukh is giving magic to the own body... it appears you didn't read the part when the magic formulas are applicated. Magicians order Ruhk to do something about formulas... when normal people have Djiins or Households they give a little their own Magoi to the Djinn and they increase the power to make super enchantments. The body resilents when magic is over used, in other words their own Ruhk is quiting the body. The main idea of Ruhk filling is when dark Djinns are created... Aladdin and any Magi has never transformed into something like them... it means they doesn't use the Ruhk to them but for make magic... because they only hear the Ruhk more than anyone.

I don't see how it couldn't be more clear what Aladdin wants is to stop the war as to how he would achieve that even he isn't aware, why do you think he's been hesitating to jump into battle for the past chapters he was quite vocal about his uncertainty. At the very least he knows he has to stop the ongoing battle at the moment and from there figure out how to proceed, most likely through communications. Of course it seems unlikely both sides would be willing for a truce at that point but I've already said so before Aladdin has absolutely no idea how to proceed much less which side he should take, remember he isn't taking the side of Academy but simply had to intervene because of the worst case scenario he saw coming into fruition (if push came to shove Mogamett has some type of desperate measures that would have likely wiped everyone which Aladdin prioritized to stop but he could not find whatever that tool was or what it was). Aladdin already voiced out his position in the previous chapter so I don't feel its hazy so to speak what he is trying to achieve at the moment. But you know what you have Aladdin who could mediate for the side of Magnostadt and Alibaba (remember he's there) who could easily do negotiations for Reim empire so the option for them to talk or have a negotiator is there, or if not that at least think things through together Alibaba is rather intelligent when it comes to politics as we've seen with his vision for his country.

Only factor I really consider difficult to gauge is the Kou empire and how exactly will they proceed as it is in their best interest to seek the worst outcome, or to create it so to speak.

Also I think you mistook something... I just speculated that Aladdin would prefer to tire our his opponents, well the house hold vessel users, because he's not exactly out for blood given his kind nature would ideally prefer to avoid hurting them either way, and at least that option does exist either through tiring them out or rendering them completely useless with some sort of magic or really strong bolg. I don't see Aladdin trying to harm the remaining Finalis corps which is only really an issue against Mu since he has a metal vessel.
    Thanks, you understand me. I got the point of the previous chapters.

Aladdin wants to stop Mogammett of using "that dark weapon" which is like to make a power source to Al Sarmen and take over other empires, Kou Empire utilizing the weapon when it began his use and then wiping the floor with the Plateau troops, with Reim and Magnostats guilts of that and begin a greater war.
    This is what i thought first, so he had to see that weapon to stop it, i didn't wanted to him be a mere hero. Either way, Aladdin meddled into and started to ask a dialoge with Scherezade, he needs to take his attention.
    This is what i didn't have clear and why the great characters stop to appear started to dissapoint me. About Alibaba, i only thought he will help Aladdin to withstand that dark force of Mogammett. But doing the same what happened in Balbadd, i admit it would follow the correct plot at this moment with only three people fighting.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

So, does anyone know if the chapter is coming out this week or not? there isn’t even the translation...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jillian92 View Post
    So, does anyone know if the chapter is coming out this week or not? there isn’t even the translation...
    I'm wondering the same thing. Magi is always amongst the last to surface, but I think Alibaba appears at the end of this coming chapter.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Magi isn't absent this week, according to information provided by Oberon here. Not sure I can provide the answer for the late of translation, since it goes without saying that I don't know the condition of aegon. Fingers crossed so the chapter will be released this week to, as usual.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

the translation is out!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

the translation were quite late compared last week. But we should be thankful that we will got a good doze of Magi-epicness by tomorrow or on the following day or when the actual scanlations were out.

anyway, I must refrain from searching for other sources of spoilers for now..

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3