Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
1) If Kishi were to make himself a character in Naruto, what would it be like? I feel a little philosophical thought coming on....
2) What do you think has been some of Kishimotos worst mistakes when it comes to Naruto?
3) What do you love about Naruto that Kishi just keeps getting better at (if anything)?
4) What do you love about Naruto in general that Kishi's already done?
Also feel free to discuss anythingelse related to Masashi Kishimoto.
1. I can't even think of anyone he would be. He's a jackass who does things that piss people off on a constant basis, he hates and can't understand women. Idk, he's like the polar opposite of Jiraiya if that could exist.
2. This manga went down-hill when Kishi decided to have Nagato turn a new leaf and become good. Since then, he's snow balled Naruto passing out thinking of Sasuke, Edo Tensei, Tobito, etc etc. One ass-pull after another, changing entire time lines for fan service.
3. Art. Naruto is above and beyond one of my favorite mangas to read just given how beautiful it can be at times. His symbolism is also still great, and I just love his characters.
4. Kishi was once great at getting in touch with the emotiions of his characters and connecting them to the reader. The Land of Waves Arc was phenomenal in this regard and is my opinion is the best arc in the entire series. Jiraiya's final arc and the Immortals Arc are examples, IMO, of other segments that were simply awesome in every way possible.
Overall, I think Kishi is very talented artist, but a weak story teller from the standpoint that he had a couple great hits, but couldn't sustain a manga for as long as he has had. The fact that Shippuuden IMO, is becoming more and more disappointing as it goes on shows this. Part 1 was great, Part 2 now just really sucks.
Last edited by Delbi; February 05, 2013 at 01:19 AM.
1: Agree with Delbi - can't think of much to add.
2: The manga begun to go downhill when Sasuke absorbed Orochimaru (as I feel that he could have gone in a better direction had Sasuke decided to slip away whilst Orochimaru was bedridden rather than fight him outright). But I feel that it truly plummeted when Kishimoto introduced the whole SOT6P, Uchiha, Senju rubbish. I agree with Delbi though that Pain was an awesome enemy, having him change allegiance was not a wise move - especially as it led to the worst main villain of the story - Tobi...
3: Kishimoto has always been good at drawing amazing scenes - however I feel his greatest strength is his imagination for new justu and characters. Although I hate his new fascination with nuclear powered techniques (OP followed by OP countered by OP...), he does pull off some interesting concepts and characters.
4: I am not sure how to answer this without repeating my answer for 3... I guess if the question was related to what I used to love that he did, which he does not do now - then I would say the emphasis on technique and subterfuge over all out power. How tactics and feints could beat power - i.e. Sasuke and Naruto's henge shuriken attack vs Zabuza, or Shikamaru's blood switch with Kakuzu when he fought Hidan. Perhaps I should change my answer to question 2 to read the end of Hiruzen's fight with Orochimaru, as it was probably around then that Kishimoto decided that the only way to make villains interesting was to introduce a brand new even more powerful technique with every fight - Deidara being a prime example of this...
1. He'd make himself sasuke. look at the attention sasuke gets... new outfights and jutsu every fight while the main character is a borderline retarded... fml. Uchiha are gods and anything else is just fodder apparently
2. talk no jutsu, keeping naruto an idiot, making sasuke second itachi, hashirama cells , obito's motivation for taking over the world is rin , naruto cant learn anything but rasengan when has most potential of all characters, nagato reviving everyone, every villain has the exact same motivation, the disrespect of females in naruto making them nothing but nurses and weaklings, naruto and kyuubi are bffs in 2 hours, fuckin zombie ninjas everywhere, no ones evil for the sake of being evil, lack of love, lack of heart, lack of originality, changing timelines, half the nin in the show are useless nw if you arent uchiha or senju.
bro i could write a book.
3. nothing, his art has improved but its still pretty much the same thing we've always been getting but now its naruto ball z with all these super jutsu and power ups.
4. i used to love the originality and how every character had thier own goals and such. now everyone has the same goals and does the same shit its like no ones really matured in part 2. sakura is still crying over sasuke(WTF?!), naruto is still chasing him like honestly they need a real villainn to come in and kill everyone, one thats not striving for peace so they can grow up and stop using talk no jutsu everytime.
honestly the only reason im here is because the first episode of naruto i saw was in gr.7 and it was the valley of the end fight, if i knew it was gonna be this way i wouldve cut it off there. im here to finish naruto, nothing more than that. i have no love for this story anymore, im just not letting 8 years go to waste
Worst Mistake? Ever continuing the manga beyond Pein's arc. The guy needs a powerful dose of intelligence. Now the blond idiot is handing out free chakra, Madara is just loafing around, Obito is playing with his food for no apparent reason, Nagato decided to bring people back after a few stupid one-liners of hope-bridges from Naruto, Sasuke is going down the same slippery slope of national love...Can this get any more insipid? Kishimoto might surprise us, "hey folks, I can fall even lower. Don't hold your breaths yet".
Man shahdan i like your style lol this guy actually fucked up royally, the worst mistake was making jiraiya's training useless. He trained with the baddest man in konoha and only learned the rasengan... that was his worst mistake. he made sasuke so godly when he first appeared and shit on everyone there, so he gave naruto cheap power ups instead of actually finishing his training off screen.
I agree with you on this talk no jutsu nonsense, it doesnt make any sense. nagato had his parents and best friend killed in front of him and saw his village torn apart for years and naruto cures him with a pep talk lol that amount of pain could never be cured by that type of bs. naruto shouldve killed him and lost his innocence, maybe we'd have one that could do something bu daydream over rescuing sasuke like hes a damsel in distress. Hinata is pretty much laying naked in front of this guy, jumped in the way of pain which no one even thought of doing and is the only one whos supported him his whole life and he ignores the girl to save someone who clearly is entitled to getting some revenge, he shouldve let sasuke do his own thing and focused on training so he can fight akatsuki but instead he faints like a bitch at the thought of sasuke dying and even goes so far as to get on his knees and beg the raikage!!! He shouldve been working non stop focusing on saving his own ass instead of trying to rescue someone who has taken down kage level nin by himself. maybe he should focus on his own chakra and not relying on the kyuubis. i thought he said he wasnt gonna use it after he hurt sakura :l yamato gave him a whole speech about relying on his own strength and not the kyuubis but here we are now, the guy cant even make a dent in obitos mask without it and has spammed the rasengan to the point of exhaustion. madara was so bored with it he literally fanned him away haha
im going into animation and i wanna remake this manga soooooo bad, i dont wanna say my ideas are better than kishis but they kinda are :l anything is better at this point. i can come up with more than zombie nins and hashirama cell spammag. its just a constant cycle of bullshit thats not gonna end and i swear if naruto wins with the rasengan ill shit a brick. ill actually go to electric shock therapy to forgot this mangas existence
Last edited by Kid Chameleone; February 05, 2013 at 02:25 PM.
Still though, although I share your pain, I am not sure I would go quite as far as you (the whole electricity thing is a bit far for me...).
Sure the story has got worse as it has progressed, but I still find it fun to read from time to time (even if just for the drawings and concepts rather than the actual current storyline).
At first naruto was a kid with no parents, hated on by his village who yearned for attention. pretty much my childhood. An average nin damed by fate out to prove that hes worth something. I could relate to that. Now he is uzumaki/senju, child saviour, fucking yelling shit like ''IM THE SON OF THE FOURTH!". ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME KISHI. this is not the naruto i know. this is lame ass, cant do shit for himself, always needs the kyuubi to save his ass naruto. part 1 kyuubi only came out in desperate situations and he hated using it. now he spams it and it makes him invincible even though hes actually fucking retarded for not being able to do the rasengan with one hand after 4 years. he made naruto into a bitch who cant do shit for himself and barely improves outside of rasengan variants then he made sasuke into the second itachi turning him into a god and i cant relate to that guy anymore i just watch his fights for his jutsu.
Kishi abandoned almost all his characters from part 1 and the heart it had, now you have to be a gifted ninja descendent, a fuckin jinchuriki or have hashirama cells to make a difference in a battle. there has been no strategies, no traps, no taijutsu, no illusions or ninjas taking advantage of the battlefield. the whole aspect of being a ninja is gone. being a ninja is about stealth, strategy, ingenuity, skill, determination, intelligence.. the pure art of espionage to its finest and warfare through assassination, battle prowess, traps, tools and above all else they'd do whatever it takes to get it done. All that got traded in for bijuu dama, moukton jutsu and kyuubi forms. and dont forget cheap ways to power up without training, hasihirama cells! they can turn anyone into a super nin over night!
honestly i think naruto is a shitty ninja :l no skills outside rasengans and kyuubi forms and his motivation, lack of leadership skills and emotions make me question him. I mean like he faints like a bitch at the thought of sasuke dying. what type of nin is that? i wouldnt want him being my hokage. fuck that shit. naruto is a bitch, id take konohamaru as the main character at this point. He's busting his ass to catch up to naruto but guaranteed konohamaru would kick his ass if they were the same age and naruto didnt have the kyuubi. he defeated one of the six paths and has shown the thirds shuriken clones and asumas ash burning jutsu. atleast hes trying something outside of the kyuubi and isnt using the name of his family to get ahead..actually he hates it unlike a certain blonde douche who apparently lets his heritage dictate his victory even though he didnt know who they were nearly his entire life.
Im done with kishi. Naruto has been dead so when my time comes ill make a ninja anime or whatever, just to replace the heartbreak this manga and kishi bestowed upon me. When part 1 ended i had such high hopes i pictued naruto becoming the next dbz when it was finished , ....
Last edited by Kid Chameleone; February 06, 2013 at 01:19 AM.
2) Devolving Naruto and making him look like an idiot. Making Sasuke the second main character or giving him as much importance. Kyuubi's complete 180 personality change. Edo Tensei. Or rather, everythin after Naruto's scuffle with Kumo.
3) Trolling us and pissing us off.
4) Showed Naruto's growth and made him serious and epic, against Pain, and continued that when Naruto fought Kumo and singlehandedly managed to provide challenge to the duo. Dude blocked Omoi's sword with his elbow like a boss and caught Karui's sword like a boss. I mean, that's awesome, yanno what I mean? He also portrayed Naruto when he had somethin to prove as epic, whether against Kiba, Neji, or Gaara.
1) Yondaime Hokage.
I'm not making shit up, the guy did say he tried to give Minato all the good qualities he would want to have now that he is a father.
2) Everything since the Kage Summit Arc, even though last chapters are making it up for it imo
3) Madara and Hashirama.
4) Madara and Hashirama.
This is the first time I have seen this guy's (Kishimoto) face, and I swear, it's just begging to be slapped. Or maybe I just loathe the manga now.