Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: What best describes your opinion of Rajak?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 (He is a Franky level of awesome!)

4 23.53%
  • 4 (He is really cool, but he's not top tier.)

8 47.06%
  • 3 (I like him.)

2 11.76%
  • 2 (meh.)

3 17.65%
  • 1 (I don't like him much.)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 270 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 270 Review

The poll from last week was on how Frankenstien & Rajak vs the Elders would play out. Not enough from the manga to come to any sort of conclusion though, so we'll have revisit that later.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Uh.. Franky, if you guy's are trying to protect the city....mission failed.

This week begins with a short flashback showing Rajak appearing beside Frankenstein as he headed toward the three Elders. He is a little surprised and amused to find that Rajak, after hearing about Franky's history with his father, now treats him with the utmost regard. Rajak also in passing mentions that he know knows why Rael was forgiven too. It seems Franky has earned himself a new fan.

Back in the present. The 7th Elder, former clan leader Zarga Siraina, tries to do some talking but Rajak doesn't play along and pretty much tells him to shut up (*sound of reviewer applauding*). Franky does a little mocking of his own about how pathetically the 8th went down but the 5th Elder, the Lady Werewolf, just chuckles and as the 8th rises looking relatively unscathed. Which surprises both Franky and Rajak a bit. The 8th launches a wave of attacks at Rajak which he easily dodges and lands counterattacks as he does so, but again the 8th seems unaffected.

Now Frankenstein seems concerned at just how advanced and powerful the enhancements from the union are. The Lady Werewolf notices this and causally explains that she was surprised too the first time she saw him. Going on to say that he was made for the purpose of fighting Lukedonia Clan Leaders. As he rampages after Rajak in the background, she confesses that his stupidity is still a bit a problem.

Rajak hearing most of this decides to test this anti-Clan Leader weapon out in earnest. Using his large superiority in speed he lands quite a few attacks on the 8th Elder. Eventually he even splits his form and performs a blindingly fast slicing attack from all directions. Frankly looks on, with a little pride and praises Rajak's growth. The Lady Werewolf, still smiling, praises him too. But the 8th gets up again, though his skin is now gone, and he looks like something from the movie "Terminator".

Meanwhile, at the school, Yuri and his team pursue Regis, Takeo, and M-21. Due to how fast their pursuers are Tao decides to change the plan from taking the kids out of the school to taking them to a shelter inside. As Regis and Takeo do this M-21 turns to them the time and attacks as he voices his regret at having to fight inside the school. Tao, in Franky's lab, begins praying.... for Franky's forgiveness for causing damage to his property.

Chapter Review

I wouldn't worry about it. At this rate, the 8th Elder is on pace to demolish every building in Korea anyway.

Substance

This was a very action oriented chapter with the bulk of it going to Rajak's duel with the 8th Elder.

The 8th Elder has surpassed my exceptions of him by a large margin. He's slow and dumb but tough as granite and has more beam cannons than your average sci-fi warship. Rajak can dance around him with his superior speed, which has grown even more since his battle with Franky, but so far has failed to do any significant damage to him at all. That's not good. Especially when there are two Elders, more than likely, tougher and stronger than he is politely waiting their turn.

Which brings me to the next thing that caught my attention, the Lady Werewolf is the the very definition of nonchalant. She's casually watching the show, making small talk, and just generally having a good time. She's not like the past Elders who didn't fully understand their situation either. She now knows about everything, except Raizel presence, and still has a grin on her face. How strong is she to be that confident?

At the School the situation between Yuri's team and RK-4 took an interesting turn. Changing the plan from leaving the school to hiding the kids in shelter insures one thing, the school's demolition. The fist stage of it's destruction brings me to my next point.

M-21 versus Everybody. Looks like his trend of picking battles with the eye of a masochist continues. Fortunately, he is excellent at taking a beating which is what's very much seems to be in his future. Does he really have any chance at holding his own against those three? It doesn't seem likely to me unless Mark decided to make a duel out of it.

Presentation

Loved the artwork this week. Absolutely, loved it. Adopting a signature shadow-like movement for Rajak was such a good call. It looked great while at the same time accentuating how he was moving. The whole fight with him and the 8th Elder had a wonderful sense of style to it. There was a small issue with keeping the the number of doubles Rajak made in his big attack consistent but it wasn't really a noticeable issue unless you really so I don't think it's worth penalizing.

The pacing was mostly your standard fight pacing. Rajak and the 8th Elder ate up most of the chapter but considering how pretty that looked I don't think we have much cause to complain about that. The addition of a flashback at the beginning at first glance seems odd but when you consider that showing that scene chronologically would have interrupted the momentum of Seira's fight, it makes sense. And the way it was done it adds a little bit of character to Rajak at just the right time for the series to benefit from it. The injections of humor at the end were also a welcome addition.

Overall Rating

I'm somewhat surprised by how much I liked this chapter, especially considering Rajak wasn't a character I was all that interested in. The flashback helped Rajak seem legitimately likable then his unique and stylish fight sealed the deal.

I give it a 5 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction

Sorry, I can't come up with anything new and interesting.

Old Predictions: (22 Wins/ 27 Losses)

"I expect at least one more high ranking noble from Lukedonia to show up in South Korea soon, possibly more than one." ~ Win

This is technically a win but I have to own up the fact that, although it was unintentional, the vague wording makes this a bit of a coward's prediction. "Soon" is an open ended term, so as long as everybody didn't leave South Korea, it was going to be right eventually. So I have to put in the win column, even though I'm a little ashamed of myself for wording it like that.(hence this paragraph)

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 270 Review

Whats your thoughts on the last attack from m21?

Damaged some cement / wall and no injures or
    Someone perhaps Kelvin got hut?

Also thanks for another chapter review. For the poll... I'm undecided at the moment.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Whats your thoughts on the last attack from m21?

Damaged some cement / wall and no injures or
    Someone perhaps Kelvin got hut?
    My guess would be no injuries. That just seems like the classic explosion to kick off the battle. Maybe blew out a wall, at most.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    My guess would be no injuries. That just seems like the classic explosion to kick off the battle. Maybe blew out a wall, at most.
    It does fit the classic pattern attack of a big shock whilst the enemies are seen unhurt or dodging the attack coming out from the smoke unscathed.
    I'm hoping that someone gets hurt - but not holding much water to it....

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, I really like your comments under the pictures, Jammin. That made my day every time XD

I voted for 4, because Franky is category just for himself: no one is insane enough to mock his enemies and be so cool like him XD Authors really got him hilarious personality.
    But it's nice to hear that at least one clan leader (not counting our dear Gejutel XD) missed Rai's little peacock XD. Maybe nobles (or at least clan leaders) didn't see Franky in a so much bad light as it looked at the beginning.

Tao at the end was the best: maybe Rai will awaken, when Franky snaps upon realization what was left from the school (if there will be anything left at all XD) to save his poor knights before certain obliteration. Or Tao will put his diplomatic skills into action, and somewhat talk the entire group out of it, throwing all the guilt at the Union and then ... well, maybe it's good to stop my though train here, before I will come up with complete nonsense XD

Maybe Kelvin will be scratched by that M-21's attack, since he looked really surprised, clearly underestimating M-21. Yuri know that "something is going on" with M-21, because he managed to stay alive until now (despite being "powerless failure") and Mark might have an insight from M-24 memories (that M-21 is more powerful, than Union knows, though not exactly knowing, how exactly).
    Or M-21 will just play for time, jumping around and devastating the school (either by himself or Yuri, Mark and Kelvin will lend a hand with their own attacks) to cover the battlefield with smoke and dust, making it harder for the attacking trio to get a picture what exactly is going on. Something like preparing the stage for the rest of RK-4. Something like hit and run strategy for now.

Rajak will pacify the 8th elder (who will cover for the damage from the battle), while Franky will casually chat with the lady werewolf. Until 8th is either stomped under the ground or killed, I doubt Franky will engage in the fight: I think neither Zarga nor Lady Werewolf are crazy enough to take him head on alone. Though they might be stronger in terms of power, since legends are often at least bit exaggerated, this time it gives him benefit: they will be pretty cautious before they will try to launch open attack towards him. And there is also the issue with his battle experience which is everything, but definitely not small. I dare to say he's much more experienced than most clan leaders/elders in actual fight, which might make up for his "potential lack" of power towards them (I never though i would say that, but still).

Anyway, it will be interesting to see, what will happen next.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Most likely they'll be unhurt and Yuriy will comment on how M21 is stronger than he thought. Takeo and Regis should return before things get too bad for him.

If Rajak had the opportunity to train and get faster that might mean he found Rael. I'm expecting to see him show up soon.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

When Frankenstein learns that the school was damaged protecting the children RK4 wil be fine. Now Yuriy and whoever else survives is a completely different story.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackdynamite: I couldn't push it out from my head ... something along the lines of "Who did that ... ?" "... Uhm ... aehm ... me ... but they started it!" XD

Sorry, can't help myself XD

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

The picture I liked the most is the skinned 8th elder , somehow it made me laugh and impressed me at once. What were these kind of reactors on his back? His batteries? Has he exploded?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdynamite410 View Post
    If Rajak had the opportunity to train and get faster that might mean he found Rael. I'm expecting to see him show up soon.
    I wish not to see Rael again, he doesn't behave like a noble, he is more like a union member. His ambition leads him the wrong way, he really is a danger for the "good guys".
    Last edited by Mister K; February 05, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    I liked the most the picture of the 8th elder skinned, somehow it made me laugh and impressed me at once. What were these kind of reactors on his back? His batteries? Has he exploded?

I wish not to see Rael again, he doesn't behave like a noble, he is more like a union member. His ambition leads him the wrong way, he really is a danger for the "good guys".
    In not a big Rael fan and i used to think he would end up in the union but I don't think he would betray his brother or Lukedonia.All he needed was a heart to heart with his bigbro and a beatdown from uncle Frankenstein and he'll be good. He just needed to mature.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Rael is just chaotic at this moment. Maybe he will end (for now) doing something hilariously stupid (something that will play into Union's cards), but in the end, he will realize his wrongs and return to the "good path".

Though being afraid of Franky isn't really bad thing for him

About the 8th Elder ... maybe he selfdestructed? It would fit his personality. If I couldn't bring them down normally, I'll try to bring them down together with me ... given to his eccentric behaviour, big bang is pretty required during the process

Or maybe he just powered up with the same "big bang" effect.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Rajak has found him and he shows up most likely he'll show some maturity. If not hes going to do something to get himself caught or killed. I don't think hell turn traitor but thats also a remote possibility IMO.

The fact that the Union seems to know quite a bit about Seira when none of the traitors know her makes me think they're getting fed information. This could be where Rael fits in. Either that or one of the current clan leaders a traitor and possibly the 6th elder. I doubt it but who knows?

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review!

I am also surprised about 8th's powelevel. Well, it was good but to be honest, they wasted too many panels on it.....

Do you think another clan leader would show up? Perhaps Karias? I think he would seeing Rajak won't be much of a help after fighting with 8th. Unless, just like Seira he regains his strength quickly without any noticieable injuries even though she was near dead a few minutes ago.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Thanks for the review!

I am also surprised about 8th's powelevel. Well, it was good but to be honest, they wasted too many panels on it.....

Do you think another clan leader would show up? Perhaps Karias? I think he would seeing Rajak won't be much of a help after fighting with 8th. Unless, just like Seira he regains his strength quickly without any noticieable injuries even though she was near dead a few minutes ago.
    The 8th elder seems powerful but we don't know his maximum power. From all I see, the 8th elder looks mostly stamina. All the nobles/werewolf were able to avoid his attack with ease. If his power increase however, it looked like Rajak may have to drag on this battle for quite some time.

As with Karias, there are two possible scenarios:

He may appear because he volunteered in the first place. Like you said, Rajak could be too distracted to help fight lady werewolf/Seriana (I really hope I'm getting his name right). Frankenstein can't protect and cover both Rajak and Seira seeing he was cut up trying to save Tao, Takeo, and m-21 from Rajak.

He may not appear because Frankenstein seemed confident in the beginning. If the lady werewolf does not interrupt he battle between Seriana&8th elder vs Franky&Rajak, then there is a huge chance both Seira, Rajak will recover from their injuries.
    Last edited by IxNxFxIxNxIxTxE; February 05, 2013 at 10:49 PM.

25. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The review's decent, Jammin, but I thought that the chapter was a bit lackluster. I mean, it really seems as if making the 8th Elder a tank is just to drag out this fight. The 8th Elder hasn't shown combat abilities that are capable of threatening a high-level fighter and it's not as if other high-level fighters couldn't destroy Seoul on their own, perhaps not as quickly as he can, but large beam attacks don't mean anything. For example, Franky's style isn't that flashy, per se, but it's certainly effective. Basically, I'm disappointed with the chapter as it seemed just like a time waster. However, this may be the opportunity for Franky to fight both Zarga and the Lady Werewolf simultaneously, unless Karias appears and takes on Zarga or something.

Anyway, how is Seoul still in one piece? It feels as if the government should've collapsed by now.

27. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

It also shows some of the unions progression in research.
    I would like to see some flash moves from Karias but he doesn't seem to be the type to do this.

29. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast