Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PepperJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southeastern US
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Blush Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    Hi! I'm an idiot.

    No, really...I posted a thread in the wrong place because I was too stupid to look under the forum directory...and then it got moved...into the Scanlator's Directory.

    I should just stop and introduce myself.

    I'm an American that is more than willing to help clean up, typeset, proofread, whatever I can do that doesn't involve translating or scanning in manga...which probably isn't a lot.

    Soooo.....yeah.....Hi everybody!

  2. #2
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    Quote Originally Posted by PepperJane View Post
    Hi! I'm an idiot.

    No, really...I posted a thread in the wrong place because I was too stupid to look under the forum directory...and then it got moved...into the Scanlator's Directory.

    I should just stop and introduce myself.

    I'm an American that is more than willing to help clean up, typeset, proofread, whatever I can do that doesn't involve translating or scanning in manga...which probably isn't a lot.

    Soooo.....yeah.....Hi everybody!
    Hi PepperJane and welcome to MH!

    Have you previously cleaned or worked for a scan group to help with cleaning and such?

  3. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PepperJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southeastern US
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    No, this would definitely be my first time. But I've had to clean up other things (images, etc.) and proofread for different people...just not manga. ^-^

  4. #4
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    Quote Originally Posted by PepperJane View Post
    No, this would definitely be my first time. But I've had to clean up other things (images, etc.) and proofread for different people...just not manga. ^-^
    welcome jane which is full of pepper...

    u should search out buffynut...she is a fellow writer/journalist/aficionado...

    have fun and be safe...there r lurkers....


  5. #5
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    Everyone make mistakes don't worry.
    Anyway welcome on MH dude and have fun.
    Now some questions: which manga are you following now? what's your favourite one?

  6. #6
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PepperJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southeastern US
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Everyone make mistakes don't worry.
    Anyway welcome on MH dude and have fun.
    Now some questions: which manga are you following now? what's your favourite one?
    Right now I'm reading some old ones (Like Godchild and Hellsing), the only new ones I'm following are Fairy Tail and One Piece. Also Soul Eater. My favorite one of the bunch is the one with the most Bishie.

    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    welcome jane which is full of pepper...

    u should search out buffynut...she is a fellow writer/journalist/aficionado...

    have fun and be safe...there r lurkers....

    Yus! And thank you! ^-^ I've already been in the WebChat a few times...which seems to be FUUL of lurkers since no one ever speaks....

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #7
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    Fairy Tail, One Piece and Soul Eater, eh?
    That's nice, they're also my favourite ones; a series that you should follow is also Magi, an awesome anime/manga.

  9. #8
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    Quote Originally Posted by PepperJane View Post
    Yus! And thank you! ^-^ I've already been in the WebChat a few times...which seems to be FUUL of lurkers since no one ever speaks....
    It's been like that for a while now.

  10. #9
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    Quote Originally Posted by PepperJane View Post



    Yus! And thank you! ^-^ I've already been in the WebChat a few times...which seems to be FUUL of lurkers since no one ever speaks....

    Sometimes you have to speak up in there to get a response or two - ^^
    Welcome to mh - did you check out the Scanlators' Academy
    yet?


  11. #10
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    No worries about that, PepperJane! Thanks to that you have the idea of starting an introduction thread here. So it's not a mistake, really.

    Welcome to MH! I hope you enjoy your stay so far. Do you like pepper?

  12. #11
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PepperJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southeastern US
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Sometimes you have to speak up in there to get a response or two - ^^
    Welcome to mh - did you check out the Scanlators' Academy
    yet?
    Yesh.... I don't know where else to pimp out my resources.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Fairy Tail, One Piece and Soul Eater, eh?
    That's nice, they're also my favourite ones; a series that you should follow is also Magi, an awesome anime/manga.
    Will do! ^-^

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    No worries about that, PepperJane! Thanks to that you have the idea of starting an introduction thread here. So it's not a mistake, really.

    Welcome to MH! I hope you enjoy your stay so far. Do you like pepper?
    Yes. But, the reason my name is PepperJane (points to name) is a kind of joke between me and my fiancee. Pepper Jack (Cheese) and Pepper Jane.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #12
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    LOL, why intimidated?

    Quote Originally Posted by PepperJane View Post
    Yes. But, the reason my name is PepperJane (points to name) is a kind of joke between me and my fiancee. Pepper Jack (Cheese) and Pepper Jane.
    I see~ That's cute, haha~
    I love peppers as well. Oh I like spicy food, some just taste bland without it. And pepper is one of the best way as spicy source, haha.

    If you don't mind me asking what do you proofread/clean/typeset before? Couldn't think of things which require such skill but manga scans, lol.

  15. #13
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PepperJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southeastern US
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    I knew/know a lot of people who do regular gaming stuff, so I've had to help them with that. My fiancee does webcomics, and I've done some too (sprite comics) so I've had to proofread his stuff and mine and do typesetting work. I've had to clean images with sprites before and with some technical writing and artwork. I've had to proofread papers and other stuff that people have written (making sure everything makes sense and isn't awkward, that it flows well, etc.). I really regret that I'm unable to translate, but I'm hoping to learn French soon.

    Here's a good question...can I just pick a manga scan that's just been scanned in and clean it up, then post it in Quality Control & Critiques?
    Last edited by PepperJane; February 10, 2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: adding text

  16. #14
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    Oh, that's cool~ So much experience.

    Why French? I thought it'd be Japanese, haha~

    Quote Originally Posted by PepperJane View Post
    Here's a good question...can I just pick a manga scan that's just been scanned in and clean it up, then post it in Quality Control & Critiques?
    Yes, you can. Quality Control and Critiques can be used to ask input from other scanlators/members about how you did your cleaning. Can be a good way to start.

  17. #15
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PepperJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southeastern US
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ok....wow.....*intimidated*

    Well, I've noticed that there aren't a lot of translations in languages other than English, so I would basically be making a translation of a translation I guess?

    And YAYNESS!!!!!!! ^-^ I will start there then. Thank you!


  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts