Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 222 Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 222 Spoiler Thread

I tried not to spoil the upcoming chapter, but I actually got to the spoiler thread.)
    Though I still managed not to look through the pictures.)

Still, according to the spoilers the chapter is going to be damn awesome as most of the last ones.

Finally seeing Third Faction seems quite interesting. Now it's time for Shigematsu and Mansam to enter the battlefield and kick some shitty asses.

P.S. Setsuno's ability seems to be damn amasing. And we should also remember that she is a powerhouse in terms of just raw physical power as well due to her Gourtmet Cells. She will dominate Chiyo.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    She actually surprised Chin and injured him... Also look at how easily she stopped Chiyo using her favorite knife, I dunno but she seems stronger than her for me
    I'd consider the fact that Chin was stoned by Chiyo statement, however you're taking too lightly the devastation of her attack. Chin as a top tier character from the series needed some high-level healing technique plus the bubble fruit just to be able to stand up.

I'm not saying that Setsuno could not be stronger, but the fight will be a good one I'm sure. Neither side has yet used any special technique, Chiyo only took the offensive.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko never disappoints; another epic chapter is awaiting us.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

At long last we find out Kousairou is the 3rd faction member. Interesting nevertheless, and it's not one but three of the richest men in existence. This faction is looking much much more serious now, and they are able to acquire some exceptional combatants and chefs apparently. Wonder about Kousairou's motives, he doesn't look like a man who's interested in money only.

The last panel is that what I think it is? Bishokukai's secret weapon - NITRO! And there's more than one! Juda in shock, the tides are turning.

This chapter gave me idea to create a motivational poster, tell me what you think:

Spoiler show

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say with the spoilers is poor Bleach and Naruto when One Piece is on a break Toriko just break their confidence ^^.. Setsuno should be the strongest in this cooking fest and Chiyo even on how she is on par with one of the 0th biotope Setsuno is still the combo of one of the three strongest and respected by the three so she should wipe Chiyo 100/100 in all fights... I think Setsuno will either fight the Nitro or Zaus given that he is one of the third faction and no to the one that say Jirou is one of the third faction or making a fourth faction because being neutral has perks for him

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So the Nitros are the Bishokukai's trump card. This is really getting interesting. Based on Yuda's reaction, these newcomers could turn the tide of the battle.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

War done right. One crazy thing right after another. God damn Nitro!! Wow completely forgot about them. These 2 look full of energy and ready to go. First time seeing Yuda not calm; which makes me think that the Nitro are stronger than the 4 beasts which is crazy cause Toriko and co. had a hard time beating it. As for Setsuno, I think she will beat Chiyo but theirs a high chance she might die.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Setsuno's kill face vs. Chiyo's...which is more frightening lol. And YES to Buggy's poster lol, we're looking forward to a fight between two incredibly old women.

And ever since the chapter when Ume suddenly had to leave, I had a feeling he and his boss were involved with the 3rd faction. #1 reason was because it makes sense that the trio of Komatsu, Ume, and Take would be sort of cool if it was divided among the three organizations to give them all a unique purpose. Plus, if Ume had been a member of the Bishokukai he would have known about Take being a part of it, and he had too much freedom to be a bishokukai chef. I wonder now what his future roll will be, and I do wonder what the goal of the 3rd faction really is. Their goal doesn't appear to be God, so are they really evil? They seem to know everything about the Bishokukai and their operations, which implies they have a spy among them as well so I wonder who it is and if that person is in the room.
    Last edited by obamamania; February 13, 2013 at 11:24 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

With all the top fighters currently wrapped up fighting other opponents it looks very bleak for the good guys. The only one who is available currently to fight that could have any chance against Nitro is Shigematsu.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

so, what do you think they mean when the third faction says "we should intervene" How high do you think their fighting power is? Do they have any resources beyond zaus and kousairo? I think livebearer defecting may have been a terrible loss to their side.

BTW, from the spoilers it looks like that antenna guy as well as the nitro in the black chef's hat were talking, that's certainly new.. aside from that, what do you think the relationship between them and the bishokukai is? So there are four nitro shown, plus one lye beast, and some other guy with feelers on his head, do you think just that number is enough to seriously turn the tide?
    Last edited by winterwyrm; February 14, 2013 at 09:46 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Do yall think that guy that scared the shit out of Teppei is part of 3rd faction? If so they got some serious power.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

chapters out
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c222/

one major question is this 3rd faction, what is their goal? Ultimately it must be the total jeopardy of ingredients but, what are they gonna get out of this war with the Bishokukai winning?
    Zebra HAS to fight one of those new people (?) that came. I think he's too weak to fight a Nitro so he would either fight that weird horn guy or the even weirder cage guy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

The battlefield is starting to even out more. This is great. I think this certainly have potential to be the best arc in Toriko ever for sure.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read it - I loved it.
    I'm really curious to see what's happening next week and the unleashing of specificly that one black Nitro.

I'm really quite curious about the Nitro. If you look at http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/222/2 you can definitly see quite a few Nitro, or Nitro-look-alike Creatures, which are getting totally wrecked by Setsuno a bit later: http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/222/5 So, are those fellas Nitro as well, or just some "beasts" that have been created by the Bishokukai?

It's also the first time we see we see Nitros with wings, isn't it? And then directly most of them. I'm also interested in seeing that "lye-beast" or whatever that thing with the knobs on it's shoulders and the expressionless face is. It's not that one which we saw http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/211/17 or http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/171/12

Can't wait for next week.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast