Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 222 Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 222 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzin Farl View Post
    Just read it - I loved it.
    I'm really curious to see what's happening next week and the unleashing of specificly that one black Nitro.

I'm really quite curious about the Nitro. If you look at http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/222/2 you can definitly see quite a few Nitro, or Nitro-look-alike Creatures, which are getting totally wrecked by Setsuno a bit later: http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/222/5 So, are those fellas Nitro as well, or just some "beasts" that have been created by the Bishokukai?

It's also the first time we see we see Nitros with wings, isn't it? And then directly most of them. I'm also interested in seeing that "lye-beast" or whatever that thing with the knobs on it's shoulders and the expressionless face is. It's not that one which we saw http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/211/17 or http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/171/12

Can't wait for next week.
    The GT robots are based off of Nitro so the ones that are getting wrecked are just machines. I'm interested in the seeing how powerful and what abilities these Nitro will have.

Good chapter but I'm not in love with everyone fighting each other though (at least at this part in the story) and the third faction is probably going to win this arc because they'll take out who ever is left from this battle.
    Last edited by Tenacious Weezy; February 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonifide View Post
    Do yall think that guy that scared the shit out of Teppei is part of 3rd faction? If so they got some serious power.
    speaking of the mysterious guy, I would welcome an idea of 4th faction He looked like from another dimension.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 222 Discussion Thread

Well, the chapter was really amazing!

Though, I expected a bity more from Setsuno. I really hoped she would take out some serious fighters before fighting Chiyo, but well, it is still good.

Third faction seems to be quite serious threat, but it depends on how powerful is Kuriboh and if Mansam and Shigematsu will come to help. Because both Shigematsu and Mansam seem to be monsters.

Nitro are to be considered as a threat, but I doubt several Nitro will actually change the fight. I doubt they would be stronger than either of Heavenly Kings individually. So Zebra might shine now.)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senewe View Post
    speaking of the mysterious guy, I would welcome an idea of 4th faction He looked like from another dimension.

He might be a fourth faction. I just know if he was there everybody would be on there knees. I dont think even Setsuna can beat him.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonifide View Post
    He might be a fourth faction. I just know if he was there everybody would be on there knees. I dont think even Setsuna can beat him.
    What made you think that the mysterious guy is that strong? So far, we've only seen his intimidation. We still know nothing about that guy.
    I think he is a part of the third faction. Because when he sensed that other Seiseyas are coming, he immediately left the scene. Meaning he doesn't want to reveal himself yet. It matches the third faction's way. Because they try to hide themselves and their moves as much as they can.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even Yuda looked scared of the Nitro, but if it can be captured how tough can it be?
    Devour this Manga

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

So the Nitro is the trump card. I'm not sure that's going to be enough. It seems as though the IGO has quite a bit of power in reserve, and had already held the advantage before its introduction. I'd like to see how the like of Yuda, or Mansam, fair against it, But of course, the highlight of the chapter was the battle I've been waiting some time for; Setsuno v Chiyo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Personal Predictions
    • I think the 3rd faction plans on kidnapping some of the chefs for their own sake rather to help the Bishokukai.
    • I'm not sure who will win between Chiyo and Setsuno, but if Chiyo wins, I think it will be because of a cheap trick or when Setsuno is distracted, though Chiyo will still be mortally injured from the battle.
    • I'm thinking either the Nitro's or the sommelier, Limon, will be Zebra's opponent, but he will only be able to fight seriously once everyone is evacuated.
    • I don't know if Toriko will win or lose against Starjun, but I bet the result of their battle will turn that mountain range they're fighting on into a volcano range. With Toriko's punches and Starjun's fire ability, I'm pretty sure of it.
    • I'm pretty sure that Komatsu will be kidnapped, but wether by the Bishokukai or the 3rd faction, I'm not sure.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the art and character designs...the abrupt change of someone's face when there's killing intent is just bloody well done...Setsuno "serious cook" face was terrifying...

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nitros as trump cards wouldn't be enough. food-honorless Toriko and Zebra could bring that thing down and they did that after they finished the spinx beast.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

So many answers and then so many more questions lol

How the hell would Bishokukai get the hold of Nitro? Did they capture them or they are working for them willingly? Black one is obviously restrained in some way but the others are not. If that is some kind of device to control them how come others don't have it? Who are those two guys who can boss the Nitro around? I suppose they are from the infamous Gourmet World Elite. How powerful are those Nitro exactly? If they made Juda change his expression they must be freakishly strong. Main IGO fighters are already caught up in their own battles so it's just the chefs against the Nitro. Setsuno is also in the battle of her own. I'm pretty sure we won't see Zebra in battle, author made a convenient way to take him out of the picture, quite possibly to set him up for a future fight with Alfaro or Kuromado.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nitros as trump cards wouldn't be enough. food-honorless Toriko and Zebra could bring that thing down and they did that after they finished the spinx beast.
    It took their combined efforts and even then they expended nearly all of their energy...to barely kill a Nitro that had been starved for a number of centuries (possibly) and just recently woke up. I'm pretty sure that Nitro didn't reach full strength from a quick gulp of Cola.

Pretty awesome chapter. It definitely washed the bad taste of BLEACH out of my mouth. Toriko always leaves me wanting more each week.
    Last edited by eefrit; February 15, 2013 at 08:49 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah this guy must be pumped up, and I don't know if I was just perceiving the picture wrong because the last guy to die before they showed the nitro was a giant but that Nitro looked really tall to me. And what are those other things next to it, different types of Nitros or just more of those weird hybrid monsters?
    ThatoneGuy1277

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at the condition of that Nitro when he woke up. It's so skinny. Very far from the Nitros that the Bishokukai brought.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter...like someone else said, Toriko hasn't disappointed in awhile. The last few chapters have made me feel like Luffy did when he first saw the Gaon Cannon (if you don't know what I mean, look it up...I don't feel like finding the chapter. )

First Setsuno...just bad ass. I like her pressure cooker and I don't even think we've seen her major abilities yet. And stopping Chiyo's knife with her hand? Does she have a "knife" like Toriko? I figure with all the characters in the manga, that everyone can't have unique abilities.

I think Komatsu's second friend, Ume, is about to get kidnapped. This might be a stretch, but what if Kousairou is a spy for the 3rd faction (Jidar Kingdom, Non-IGO) and Kuriboh is a spy for the Bishokukai? I think the President wanted to get them both away so they wouldn't see the 0th biotope's progress. I probably said this before, but I think the 3rd faction is gonna keep a low profile and sorta help the IGO and Bishokukai eliminate themselves and then try to step in and take the top Gourmet World ingredients, including God, for themselves. My other prediction is that Kousairou is a double agent who's real alliance is with the IGO.

Now the Nitro...I've always had the feeling that there are different levels of Nitro; even at full strength. I think these Nitro that are showing up now are on a level we haven't seen before. I would think that Yuda has seen Nitro before. But the fact that he looked at this one, the guy who was strong enough to stay around when the 4Beast attacked, and looked worried; makes me think these Nitro are a higher level. I think now we might see the Bishokukai start to win a little.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast