Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where is the ART in Zaraki's Training?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where is the ART in Zaraki's Training?

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    This brings us back to Yamamoto's statement about Shunsui being talented at seeing the true character of people he met. Base on that statement, I don't think that Shunsui simply chooses Unohana to do the training randomly. He has been at the G13 for a long time, it is not out of imagination if he has found out (or suspect) the relationship between Zaraki and Unohana.
    or also- the written records of the CC- he was reading a book- he likely found out lots of stuff since becoming the new CC.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Trainings not over yet, and Unohana hasn't gone Bankai yet. First Kenpachi has to be restored to a level where he can fight more evenly with Unohana, she can't teach him anything from fighting if he keeps on dying every 3 seconds. It is entirely possible there will be no art, but it shouldn't be surprising that we haven't gotten to that part yet.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Trainings not over yet, and Unohana hasn't gone Bankai yet. First Kenpachi has to be restored to a level where he can fight more evenly with Unohana, she can't teach him anything from fighting if he keeps on dying every 3 seconds. It is entirely possible there will be no art, but it shouldn't be surprising that we haven't gotten to that part yet.
    I really hope you are correct- and that zakaris restoration was planned to be a precursor to more advanced training.

I am also hoping that we get back to ichigo soon, I want to find out more about the asauchi, and the parallel of forging the zanpaktou- it might reveal why zakari has been unable to speak with his zanpaktou.

tho I suspect his zanpaktou, didnt want to talk with zakari, because he was not even fully using his power and why should the zanpaktou lend itself to an inferior shinigami that isnt fighting with everything they have, even if they thought they were.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't the "art of killing" just a free translation?

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Now last week someone pointed out that there are different translations on the net, and one says "introduction to swordsmanship" and the other says "art of killing". The actual phrase uttered by Kyouraku is this. Zanjutsu no tehodoki. Zanjutsu as we know is the word for the usage of zanpaktous in Soul Society, so in essence it's the swordsmanship employed by the shinigami. However the word swordsmanship would be "kenjutsu" if we would like some precision.

The kanji for Zan from Zanjutsu means kill/murder/decapitate, so Zanjutsu is not just swordsmanship, but it's more like a discipline that perfects killing.
    Tehodoki means introduction, or initiation, so I think both translations almost got the essence of what Kyouraku wanted to say, which is an introduction in the techniques of killing.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I really hope you are correct- and that zakaris restoration was planned to be a precursor to more advanced training.
    Well its most likely the case. Whta would be the point of training Zaraki without bringing back his full power....
    Also the art of killing is nothing more than Zanjutsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on what I've read and observed in the past couple of chapters, Zaraki was using pure instinct as a child, when it came to killing period. And, the only real reason he held himself back for so long, is because he was in fear of never finding a real challenge out there again like Unohana. That's why I think, he hasn't necessary "lost" his instinct or power or whatever, he simply needs someone strong enough to bring him back to that state again.

I remember, Zaraki pointed out his love for battle, when he was first introduced and fought Ichigo.

The Art of Killing or whatever, deals with technique period. Unohana has perfected styles in sword killing that come from pure instinct and that's what, she's trying to bring back rather than teach in Zaraki. Zaraki, I think, already has it, he's just forgotten with so much time that's passed.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I already said that I don’t like that Zaraki just when he was a kid was stronger than Unohana, which was the kenpachi of the first generation, and as if this is not enough what worsen the thing is that it has been said from Senshui that the first generation was considered the strongest generation.
    Anyways as I said in the chapter thread I believe that at that time Unohana did not knew the name of her sword, she had not awaken her shikai and neither her bankai.

For this reason even if Unohana last words seem to intend that she desires to die, I believe that she will heal the injury from of the last attack of Zaraki, and then she will use his shikai in battle form, she will say the real name of her sword, so she will be at the same level of Zaraki, so the real fight will begin (infact we have seen from Ichigo the increase in power that occurs after knowing the name of the sword).

Anyways even if I don’t like this I must say that the fact that Zaraki suppressed his power because he did not wanted to lose the only fighters that could match him perfectly suited him.
    Infact Zaraki consciously suppresses his power, thanks to his eyepatch.
    Beside that I have finally understood the fight against the fifth Espada.
    Infact until now I have not understood why at the beginning even after that he took away his eyepatch he was still inferior to the Espada, but then suddenly when he seem to be defeated he is raised again and then defeated Nnoitora without problem, as if it was a joke.
    What I did not understood was the reason for this, because it was not a behavior from Zaraki that to pretend to have lost, to deceive the opponent in that way.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    I already said that I don’t like that Zaraki just when he was a kid was stronger than Unohana, which was the kenpachi of the first generation, and as if this is not enough what worsen the thing is that it has been said from Senshui that the first generation was considered the strongest generation.
    Anyways as I said in the chapter thread I believe that at that time Unohana did not knew the name of her sword, she had not awaken her shikai and neither her bankai.

For this reason even if Unohana last words seem to intend that she desires to die, I believe that she will heal the injury from of the last attack of Zaraki, and then she will use his shikai in battle form, she will say the real name of her sword, so she will be at the same level of Zaraki, so the real fight will begin (infact we have seen from Ichigo the increase in power that occurs after knowing the name of the sword).

Anyways even if I don’t like this I must say that the fact that Zaraki suppressed his power because he did not wanted to lose the only fighters that could match him perfectly suited him.
    Infact Zaraki consciously suppresses his power, thanks to his eyepatch.
    Beside that I have finally understood the fight against the fifth Espada.
    Infact until now I have not understood why at the beginning even after that he took away his eyepatch he was still inferior to the Espada, but then suddenly when he seem to be defeated he is raised again and then defeated Nnoitora without problem, as if it was a joke.
    What I did not understood was the reason for this, because it was not a behavior from Zaraki that to pretend to have lost, to deceive the opponent in that way.
    Wow just ....... dude seriously you need to look back at that fight, in no way was Zaraki getting beat he was toying with Nnoitora from the start of the fight due to the fact he didn't know the true strength of Nnoitora then when Zaraki got cut he persisted to be on the offensive until he eventually cut Nnoitora, after that Zaraki more or less beats Nnoitora into his Resurrección form which Zaraki standardly put both hands on his sword of which it increase his ferocity pretty much 10x with every swing and F**ked Nnoitora up (yes i missed out Nnoitora ripping off his eye-patch but to be fair the eye-patch doesn't do much to what his actual power is capable of if he was able to tap into it, so the eye-patch is just a instrument for him to not kill weaker comrades with his massive reistu.)
    Last edited by devstauk; February 10, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
    Spoiler show

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2