Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ad Genius Lee Tae-Baek

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ad Genius Lee Tae-Baek

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Where do you find the subs? On Viki it is still at only 51%
    Ooops sorry Miyamoto.
    I saw part one of episode 2 was subbed and jumped the gun, thinking it was fully subbed on viki.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Ooops sorry Miyamoto.
    I saw part one of episode 2 was subbed and jumped the gun, thinking it was fully subbed on viki.
    No problem, i was just wondering if you knew a translation team that had already subbed it. Btw, the subs are really up now for episode 2.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Just watched the second episode, my thoughts on that:

Spoiler show

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Also the plane bit in the beginning was done a bit too rashly? I'mean c'mon the chances. I also recall some other drama that used this.
    Did you notice the secrets gard ost used in episode one I believe?

For Tae-Baek, this was a good lesson and now he can start to work his way up.
    I'm looking forward to seeing episode 3.

---------- Post added February 12, 2013 at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was February 09, 2013 at 08:58 AM ----------

Raws for episode 3 and 4 are out -

Viki subs for 3 are up to 75%.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched episode 3 and 4, gonna watch 5 and 6 now.
    I actually, really like this drama and at the same time can understand why it does not have good ratings in Korea, it is definitely different than your usual K-drama. It still has the usual "square love line" and the "advantageous coincidences" but the way it concentrates on Tae Baek´s advancement, his episodic ad jobs and his relationship with GRC is something rather unusual in a K-drama. If i have to put it in a nutshell, i would say that it is like a J-Drama with K-Drama components. Furthermore, i love the way the main leads are contrasted with the second main leads, something like "idealism vs realism". It is also not something rare in a K-Drama but 1.) in this drama it is even more extreme (for example Tae Baek´s "excursion" as homeless guy vs the way the second guy comes up with ads) and 2.) the fact that the main leads actually choose to be idealistic. Ji-Yoon could easily choose the easy way and use the influence of her father while Tae Baek could go his way similar to Ah-Ri. The main couple also works really well. Tae Baek (Jin Goo) is someone i as a guy can really identify myself and sympathize with while Baek Ji-Yoon (Park Ha-Sun) is really beautiful, adorable and likeable, don´t know how it is for female viewers though. The way they do not have the usual "love-hate" relationship but are rather friends who have feelings for each other is something i really appreciate. I just hope that does not change with the reveal of her being BK´s daughter.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the homeless guy episode and also like Tae Baeks approaches to various situations.
    It does kind of annoy me the way the secondaries are just like vultures pouncing on his work / ideas. I'm probably going to drop this series - .

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I liked the homeless guy episode and also like Tae Baeks approaches to various situations.
    It does kind of annoy me the way the secondaries are just like vultures pouncing on his work / ideas. I'm probably going to drop this series - .
    That´s a pity, i really like it and like to discuss about it. I think the side characters and especially the main couple makes up for the lousy second leads but that´s just my opinion.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    That´s a pity, i really like it and like to discuss about it. I think the side characters and especially the main couple makes up for the lousy second leads but that´s just my opinion.
    Well - keep posting here - I'll try to join the discussion even if a bit late.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2