Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: What is Oda's Plan of Sagas

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

What is Oda's Plan of Sagas

The saga HODY mirrors the saga ARLONG.
    The saga DOFLAMINGO (imo, the saga boss) seems to mirror the saga CROCODILE.

In the first two, both big bads are fishman, shark-like, fishman-supremacist and former SUN pirates.
    In the second two, both big bads are shichibukai, mobster, two-named and (would-be) king

Is it enough to foreshadow a parallel between first-half and second-half sagas? I think so. (Like the parallel between Luffy and Teach.)

So I guess Oda has a plan where second-half sagas mirror first-half sagas.
    Something like that:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by alelucas; April 12, 2013 at 11:33 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is Oda's Plan of Sagas

Idk what manga you've read but Blackbeard never defeated Magellan or whitebeard. In both scenarios they were gained up on the latter in a war with already severe damage. In terms of sagas bb wasn't even mentioned until drum island and has had little to do with the story until after Enies lobby. The way he starts these arcs within said sagas def have a routine but nothing like your list. Not quite sure where you're going with your second half list either. They're much bigger then that. Plot structure is def simple but not in this way.

But yea nothing in the new world has really mirrored anything from the grand line. At least not yet except in terms of villains.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ledoke's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid there is not enough D. for Blackbeard to take care of.

Spoiler show

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dacookester's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

So you're of the opinion that it's Blackbeard that will defeat all the other yonkou's?

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    Idk what manga you've read but Blackbeard never defeated Magellan or whitebeard. In both scenarios they were gained up on the latter in a war with already severe damage. In terms of sagas bb wasn't even mentioned until drum island and has had little to do with the story until after Enies lobby. The way he starts these arcs within said sagas def have a routine but nothing like your list. Not quite sure where you're going with your second half list either. They're much bigger then that. Plot structure is def simple but not in this way.

But yea nothing in the new world has really mirrored anything from the grand line. At least not yet except in terms of villains.
    blackbeard and his crew killed whitebeard and defeated magellan off screen .

the saga HODY mirrors the saga ARLONG.
    the saga DOFLAMINGO (I suppose he is the saga boss) seems to mirror the saga CROCODILE.

in the first two, both big bads are fishman, shark-like, fishman-supremacist and former SUN pirates.
    in the second two, both big bads are shichibukai, mobster, two-named and (would-be) king

is it not enough to guess a symetry between first-half and second-half sagas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ledoke View Post
    I'm afraid there is not enough D. for Blackbeard to take care of.

Please forgive me for this...
    there are GARP and DRAGON. but I believe Oda will introduce other D, maybe more...

Quote Originally Posted by dacookester View Post
    So you're of the opinion that it's Blackbeard that will defeat all the other yonkou's?
    Oda doesn't seem to sell Luffy as the OP badass. But I'm guessing that Blackbeard is the OP badass and will become the King first, killing Luffy's beloved, then, Luffy will dethrone Blackbeard and achieve the true One Piece, ie, the Will of D. It could be the unification of all seas. I don't know.
    Last edited by alelucas; April 11, 2013 at 04:43 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think shanks could beat black beard

bb has some nice powers but shanks supreme haki use would pose a threat to bb

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post

Until this battle occurs, BB will become stronger, perhaps acquiring a shanks-level haki.
    I guess an epic battle like that will happen within the last but one saga.
    A last sacrifice of Shanks for Luffy?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The second half of OP will follow-up on what Oda didn't finish in Part I: the Void Century, origin of the DFs, the Will of D., what One Piece is, etc. Right now Oda is slowly but surely tying everything together into one coherent story. The bulk of the series thus far has focused on the ongoing conflict between the Yonkou. Kaidou has been building up an army, as has Shanks presumably (where else would the remnants of the WB Pirates go?), with Big Mom being a wild card. Nonetheless, BB will surely come out on top where everything will then be revealed at Raftel. Afterwards there will be a big battle where the WG is taken down and the new revolution curbs the abuses of the WG while systematically taking steps to save the rest of the world from pirates still running rampant all over the world.

Or something like that... Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post

You are expecting the villain who is surely the final villain to be beaten by Shanks? Shanks is going down. Otherwise Luffy gets no one to beat up at the end of the manga.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply