Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Caribou's Cover story purpose

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Caribou's Cover story purpose

Yeah I get a kick out of seeing Caribou shows up everytime, really getting addicted following
    all these cover stories. The one thing that I want to find out the most is,
    why's the Granny's lunchbox "Meat Pie" is made of steel : D

Notice how Granny pushed the Army forces in to the island to let Caribou gets out, quite
    weird.

And how the Army couldn't notice this Captain Gaburu's look, like he's been on this
    island for quite so time??

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

The granny gave Caibou the coat. Ant the marines got confused partly because of the coat. Probably Caribou should look like Gaburu. In fact the phonetics is ver similar.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's what i'm saying, that the soldiers should be judging their rescue target,
    the (their?) commando based on his look, face/body attributes.

But obviously the army did not do that.., they rejoice immediately upon contact. So I don't
    know why the soldiers thought they succeeded when in fact, they got Caribou all wrong.
    It's either Caribou is Gaburu, OR, the army mistaken Caribou for Gaburu - based on time lapse
    (these soldiers never have a clue how Gaburu looks like).

Or, some other sinister reason...... D :

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

And now we have a weapon factory. Could it be also property of Kaido? I mean, this is his favourite island, so he knows about the factory, he could easily had take it as his own. Maybe this will be the link between Caribou and the Yonkou?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty easy. Caribou knows the location of an ancient weapon. He is on a favorite island of Kaido, one Drake also has been connected with. Caribou is going to come into contact with somebody hostile, share with them the secret of Poseidon, setting up a major battle at Fishman Island later in the saga.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, with Scotch showing there, I'm almost sure he will mistake Caribou with Gaburu, and take it to Kaidou.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuryuu View Post
    Now, with Scotch showing there, I'm almost sure he will mistake Caribou with Gaburu, and take it to Kaidou.
    With that guy showing up, this means two things : either Drake got defeated by that guy, or he defeated him and joined Kaidou while having as a goal Kaidou's head, Drake is bound to appear at some point

As for Caribou, I guess he's gonna tell someone about the Ancient weapon, probably Kaidou himself to spare his life perhaps ?

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

To give information about Poesidon to a powerful individual. I'm pretty Drake defeated that Cyborg and joined Kadio. Who he plans to use for his own agenda.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think caribou will be related to the eventual destruction of fishman island. Caribou seemingly has a connection to someone important who could easily be a yonko or an emperor and he does have the seemingly important piece of information about shirahoshi being able to control sea kings. If it is doflamingo then he is likely to actually want that information and put it to use soon. Doflamingo is about to lose his factory and once he does he will be on a bad standing with kaido. Alternatively the information ending up with kaido could be a big deal. Perhaps doflamingo could use that particular piece of information to deal with the wrath of kaido eventually.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh the Cover Story Redemption formula! So many fun villians have experienced their own trials after defeat by Straw Hats. Most likely Caribou will find whatever was missing in his life that made him that way. There have been glimpses of it with the old lady and his guerrillas. Even better in this instance it continues the themes of War-torn countries and Kaido's only shown crew member. So may be Caribou will open a day spa or a takoyoki shop or a toy factory or become a professional X. Even Enel found peace with the family of robots. Getting your ace kicked by Luffy usually results in a better life if you avoid prison.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2