Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Best Moment!

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gajeel's new found powers

14 25.93%
  • Shadow Rogue's beatdown

1 1.85%
  • Finding out the shadow was "something" else

5 9.26%
  • Return of the Executioners

0 0%
  • White Knight declaring the Princess a liar

34 62.96%
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 319 Discussion/ 320 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 319 Discussion/ 320 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Meredy... Suuuuure.

It's not really Agatha Christie novel material.
    Just wanted to note...that's a creepy picture.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

This whole "the princess is lying" cliffhanger smells troll a mile away. I'm not saying that she does not have an agenda, but many things don't sound right :
    - She's not the one who told the 10000-dragon story.
    - She was really concerned about saving Arcadios, who looks more like a pawn than someone essential to her plans.
    - Someone thinking "my plans keep backfiring" is not qualified to be an Aizen-ish villain who has planned everything in the last 7 years.

And we still have other suspects, like the minister or the shadow.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone is lying and future Lucy seems suspicious. Being completley useless, not telling them any relevant information about the future. Except that they fail. She diddnt come with a plan, and she doesnt have 12 keys or a way to prove she is the real Lucy. And why cant Natsu beat up a couple hundred guards? He could do that at the beginning of the manga.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lozmaster View Post
    I disagree. She's "pretty blatantly" Meredy, if she is anyone that we've already met.
    Right, let's see the evidence that Yukino's sister Sorano is Angel:

Angel:
    Was captured by Zeref cultist slavers.
    Is using a code name, not her real name.
    Has the same sentence ending verbal tick as Sorano.
    Has the same hair color as Yukino and Sorano.
    Sorano's name contains Sora, a Japanese word for sky. Angel's wish was to fly in the sky like an angel.
    Lots of people were calling Yukino "Angel 2.0" when Yukino first appeared.
    After which we learned that like Angel, Yukino was a Stellar Spirit Wizard.
    Sorano's hairstyle as a youth that we can see, matches Angel's hairstyle as an adult. It also matches what we can see of young Angel's hairstyle in the anime.
    They have the same voice actress in the anime.

Evidence for Meledy being Yukino's sister:
    Grimoire Heart killed everyone her her town except her.

Evidence for Hisui being Yukino's sister:

Yeah. If you want to go on believing that Meledy or someone we've never met is Yukino's sister, be my guest. Just don't claim it's an asspull when it finally gets explicitly revealed that Angel is Yukino's sister.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Completely forgot about commenting the chapter... XD

First of all, Gajeel is awesome! I dunno why but he just looks so much better when kicking ass than Natsu that this chapter should have been entirely dedicated to him.

In fact if it was dedicated to Gajeel the chapter would have been totally epic but Mashima had to buckle things up by bringing the scene back to Natsu and even restoring that lame execution squad to boot.

What really drops the cake though is Arcadios armor, that thing looks really weird and perhaps explain why Erza never wears a helmet, Mashima just doesn't know how to make good looking one.

Anyhow, pretty decent chapter.

Also, WTF is going between the princess, future Lucy and Arcadios? Seriously, one of them is lying or are they both telling the truth yet know false information?

Jellal's comments on future Lucy not being real are even more of a mindscrew, it really lampshades that this future Lucy might be a Zeref fabrication, a puppet homunculus fabricated to make the real Lucy complete the Eclipse and create the Great Magic World.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So the leader/strongest members of the whack ass knights has yet to show up? Great, thats going to be another chapter of a meaningless fight. Even this Laxus vs Orga vs Jura fight is going to very lame due to the fact that it won't last longer then one chapter, two at best. I don't see the point in these one sided short fights other then them being a really, really fast way for Mashima to prove FT is still the strongest guild even though the plot has already moved away from that.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on what we have seen so far I doubt the princess is lying. Then again we have to consider the possibility of lucy not lying either. What if she was hypnotized and sent from the future? She would gennuily believe in her cause and every word she is saying and still be working for the wrong team. Perhaps the disaster that will occur soon is simply different from what is about to happen.

As far as the fight between gajeel and rogue I would argue it went as expected. I am somewhat disappointed in that the apparent merger or elements was not quite right though. With natsu the combination of elements seemed more fluid to some extent. I guess it is because iron is a physical thing while natsu deals with two intangible elements. My greatest question would be whether gajeel will from now on be able to use shadows as a second element of sorts. Natsu got lightning from laxus and he kept it and was even able to use it comfortably against enma so there is a very real possibility of gajeel keeping this. Perhaps it is fair, I would argue that plotwise it makes sense for gajeel and natsu to remain close in combat power.

I did like how the two of them fought though. Shadow element seems to be extremely versatile and adds an entire new dimension (perhaps literally) to combat and movement. It seems to be more about speed and agility than offense and defense itself so perhaps it is a perfect fit to gajeel's iron. Iron being solid has proven to be perfect for offense and defense at large. Natsu had fire which is great offensively and granted him some jet-like abilities however he still does not get significant boosts in other areas. Lightning worked similarly to fire in that regard, it does not have any special benefits to defense.... natsu seems to be pure offense to some degree. Laxus has actually transformed into lightning and gajeel can transform into shadow, perhaps natsu will eventually be able to transform into fire or lightning. Lightning in particular would be useful for moving fast.

As far as the shadow we just saw I would have two theories. The first is that the shadow is connected to the imp that raven tail guy had. Perhaps they are both demons created by zeref? The other theory would be that the guy who took over rogue was rogue's dragon parent. Perhaps rogue's dragon parent is an enemy of humans.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    So the leader/strongest members of the whack ass knights has yet to show up?
    This is why liberal translations are bad. I assume you only looked at the Mangastream translation. Here's the Mangapanda translation:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/319/17

If that doesn't make it clear enough to you between the two translation, the one that fought Mirajane is saying that Mirajane isn't there. They aren't talking about some nebulous unknown member of the Garou Knights.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    And why cant Natsu beat up a couple hundred guards? He could do that at the beginning of the manga.
    Maybe he's trying not to kill them? Yeah, I dunno.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The Executioners are a pain the ass, but seeing Gajeel trashing Rogue was awesome.
    I'm starting to think that the thing which possessed Rogue, is just the imp of RT.
    It's just too shady...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MechR View Post
    Maybe he's trying not to kill them? Yeah, I dunno.
    Likely this. He's trying to not murder hundreds of royal guards by launching a dragon's roar and either frying them, or bringing the ceiling down on them.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the Shadow that possessed Rogue said"so this is the extent of Rogue's power". Zeref said the same thing about Natsu. I think that the Shadow is working for Zeref. I dont think that Zeref will ultimately be the bad guy. I think Zeref took the blame for someone else. I think that all the Dragon Slayers(Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel, Sting, Rogue, and Zeref) were are warriors hundreds of years ago, and somehow they knew something major would happen in the future so they made deals with the Dragons to take care of them when they reappeared in this age to raise them when this threat reappeared.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, this chapter gave me some things to think trough a lit better. I don't usually praise Mashima, but the spins this arc are actually good. I'm somewhat confused and unable to predict anything at this point. That is either for the randomness proper of Fairy Tail or Mashima doing his job better than previous occasion.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krono View Post
    This is why liberal translations are bad. I assume you only looked at the Mangastream translation. Here's the Mangapanda translation:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/319/17

If that doesn't make it clear enough to you between the two translation, the one that fought Mirajane is saying that Mirajane isn't there. They aren't talking about some nebulous unknown member of the Garou Knights.
    "Now you will here mine."

I don't know about you, but I don't put much faith in Mangapanda's translation.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their work, and I'm really thankful for the quick fix they provide when I'm jonesing for a chapter, but if they can't write proper English, that doesn't inspire trust in their translation skills.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jues's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a great chapter indeed, just because the fight between Gajeel and Rogue was so aesthetically pleasing. I predicted several chapters ago that Future Lucy most likely won't be holding evil intentions and Arcadios strengthened that point of view in this chapter.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast