Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kakashi and Darui VS Orochimaru and Jiriaya

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kakashi and Darui VS Orochimaru and Jiriaya

I believe Kakashi and Darui would win, but saying Kakashi would solo is not going to happen.
    Team Kakashi has more powerful jutsu, more versatile, and more talented.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would argue this fight would be overwhelmingly one sided in favor of orochimaru and jiraiya. Heck, to kakashi and darui vs jiraiya OR orochimaru would be fairer. Orochimaru is a monster, even without his arms he was able put up a fight against 3 tailed naruto and he became a huge snake against itachi. Orochimaru is the sort of ninja that would require an entire ninja squad or more to defeat. Jiraiya is a monster too. Add in hermit mode and perhaps has more firepower than any other ninja in this fight. not to mention that with his little hermit mode he would have the help from ma and pa each of which would be extremely powerful summons.

The way I see it orochimaru and jiraiya have kakashi and darui beat in terms of stamina, strength, speed, jutsu and summons. Kakashi and darui get stomped. Easily.... Seriously, kakashi almost pissed his pants just standing in front of orochimaru in part 1. Not to mention that orochimaru has more lives than a video game character with cheat codes.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    J-man and Orochimaru are going to like...roflstomp Kakashi and Darui.
    No they're not.

I think Jiraiya and Orochimaru will win, but it won't be easy. Of course, it depends on what Orochimaru we're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Well, Orochimaru didn't participate in any Part II battles, so, you can't say he lacked feats, either.
    Besides, Kakashi himself stated he stood no chance against Orochimaru during Part I. I'm not even sure these two can handle one of the two Sannin, let alone defeating them together. Moreover, Jiraiya and Orochimaru were teammates and their skills complemented each other perfectly, whereas "Kakashi-Darui" is a team that has been randomly brought together. Both has cool skills, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll stand a chance, either.

Team Sannin takes it with easy to mid-difficulty.
    He did participate in at least battle, where despite the beatings, he didn't die or come close to death like Jiraiya.

And Kakashi stating he stood no chance against Orohcimaru means nothing to me. Orochimaru likely used fear to make Kakashi think that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    While I agree with you that Kamui is just like another Amaterasu, its also true that Kakashi improved drastically in its usage.
    Using the Deidara example is kinda weak, considering his feats in the war.

Kamui isn't instantaneous, and knowing about it would further increase the chances of survival:
    -Oro can negate any of its damage
    -Jiraiya can try to blind Kakashi, use Yomi Numa to made him lose his footing and thus directing Kamui elsewhere or just try to fill the void until Kakashi closes it
    Kamui can be instantaneous though. Like with most jutsu, it's not because Kakashi uses precise chakra control. He pulled out Kamui against Sasuke pretty quickly and couldn't move normally because he used up more chakra, not havin time to use precise amount.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I would argue this fight would be overwhelmingly one sided in favor of orochimaru and jiraiya. Heck, to kakashi and darui vs jiraiya OR orochimaru would be fairer. Orochimaru is a monster, even without his arms he was able put up a fight against 3 tailed naruto and he became a huge snake against itachi. Orochimaru is the sort of ninja that would require an entire ninja squad or more to defeat. Jiraiya is a monster too. Add in hermit mode and perhaps has more firepower than any other ninja in this fight. not to mention that with his little hermit mode he would have the help from ma and pa each of which would be extremely powerful summons.

The way I see it orochimaru and jiraiya have kakashi and darui beat in terms of stamina, strength, speed, jutsu and summons. Kakashi and darui get stomped. Easily.... Seriously, kakashi almost pissed his pants just standing in front of orochimaru in part 1. Not to mention that orochimaru has more lives than a video game character with cheat codes.
    No summonings allowed.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    No summonings allowed.
    so we are ruling out HM for jiraiya? I guess he could get into HM if orochimaru buys him time though. Anyways, orochimaru has a few techniques which involve snakes and I am not too sure if they involve summonings or not. I still lean towards jiraiya and orochimaru though, both are older, more experienced and plenty of jutsu. Worst case scenario orochimaru makes a body switch with kakashi or darui lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    so we are ruling out HM for jiraiya? I guess he could get into HM if orochimaru buys him time though. Anyways, orochimaru has a few techniques which involve snakes and I am not too sure if they involve summonings or not. I still lean towards jiraiya and orochimaru though, both are older, more experienced and plenty of jutsu. Worst case scenario orochimaru makes a body switch with kakashi or darui lol.
    No we aren't ruling out HM for jiraiya, like you said, he has to find another way to gain access to it. Orochimaru has all his snake Jutsu just not giant snakes summonings.

Orochimaru is the 'key' for me. It all dependes on what he will show with his jutsu back.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    He did participate in at least battle, where despite the beatings, he didn't die or come close to death like Jiraiya.

And Kakashi stating he stood no chance against Orohcimaru means nothing to me. Orochimaru likely used fear to make Kakashi think that.
    You mean four tailed Kyuubi cloak Naruto battle? He didn't have his Ninjutsu at any point in Part II, so, I consider it as "not participating".

So, Kakashi, the observant Shinobi who has never lost his calm in the battle against anyone else loses to Orochimaru out of fear? Pretty unlikely, I'd say.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya's hair is the ''key'' in this fight.

And the worst case is, jiraiya has the power to transform kakashi and darui to a frog.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean four tailed Kyuubi cloak Naruto battle? He didn't have his Ninjutsu at any point in Part II, so, I consider it as "not participating".

So, Kakashi, the observant Shinobi who has never lost his calm in the battle against anyone else loses to Orochimaru out of fear? Pretty unlikely, I'd say.
    That is not the same Kakashi of today. I believe Kakashi of today think his chances of winning against Orochimaru are pretty good.... Kakashi definitely thought he could kill a MS Sasuke.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

That is not the same Kakashi of today. I believe Kakashi of today think his chances of winning against Orochimaru are pretty good.... Kakashi definitely thought he could kill a MS Sasuke.
    Then, it all rests in Kakashi's ability to spam Kamui the way it was retconned to be these days.
    What do you think Darui will add to the table?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

You're being bias. Orochimaru isn't the same as before either.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    You're being bias. Orochimaru isn't the same as before either.
    What has Orichimaru shown differently to prove that he's not the same? I don't like Kakashi so that 'bias' crap won't help you. Fact is, Kakashi has improve more than any character in the manga save Sasuke and Naruto.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. And he did have some ninjutsu, like the ability to summon. Otherwise he was basically stretching and putting his ripped body back together and spitting himself out. He was participating and taking abuse like no problem. If that's hte Orochimaru here, I don't see Kakashi or Darui winning against both Sannin.

No, I don't think he genuinely feared Orochimaru, but Orochimaru showed off that killing intent or whatever that messed Kakashi's mind. Part II Kakashi shouldn't feel that threatened by him.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Jiraiya can go into Sage Mode without the toads?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

What has Orichimaru shown differently to prove that he's not the same? I don't like Kakashi so that 'bias' crap won't help you. Fact is, Kakashi has improve more than any character in the manga save Sasuke and Naruto.
    Orochimaru is an expert in forbidden jutsu. All his life he keep on researching/experimenting a forbidden/dangerous jutsu. And do you really think he's like before? Hell Noh.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as far as part 2 goes kakashi has shown improved stamina and MS as far as new things go. I still don't see how he could match up to a full powered orochimaru though. Snakes coming out of everywhere, poison, body replacement, kusanagi sword, his yamata no orochi transformation (which is not a summon as far as we know)... Orochimaru is a damn powerful ninja and even without his arms he was able to do quite a bit against the 3 tailed naruto even if he was merely stretching limbs and whatnot. How could kakashi fight that if on top of that orochimaru has access to jutsu which he could not use before? I would insist on kakashi and darui vs either orochima or jiraiya being the more appropriate and interesting topics. I don't see any of the techniques darui and kakashi have shown actually killing orochimaru. The idea that a measly chidori or any variation we have seen could even hurt orochimaru is somewhat preposterous at this point.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast