Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 509 Discussion / 510 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 509 Discussion / 510 Predictions

And chapter is out too http://www.mangapanda.com/historys-s...le-kenichi/509
    That was a good fight, i realy liked it...and for upcoming...i dont care about Miu+Rimi, i wanna c Berserk and Kenichi

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSD Kenichi Spoiler Thread

Nice chapter, nothing like the end of a good fight. I am actually surprised at how much of a difference one technique made in regards to the fight in the end. The whole thing was decided by takeda's warp punch (it allowed takeda to deal heavy damage rather quickly) and takeda's clinch. I wonder if takeda would have won without the activation of his sei ki though. In the end the only relevant thing about sei ki said was about it increase the damage of takeda's final technique however it didn't seem like lugh had the sort of trouble miu had against rimi's dou ki. I guess that could be because sei ki works differently from dou ki or perhaps takeda was actually too weak to show us that much.

I am a little disappointed in that the chapter gave little to no insight in regards to how sei ki worked in a fight. I guess the author plans on leaving that for when kenichi himself activates his sei ki. It did seem like the concentration of ki in particular increased takeda's attack power so perhaps the idea I had of sei ki apparently increasing the weight of the attacks or defenses of the users might be close to what actually happens. I can't wait for kenichi to awake his sei ki.... I wonder if perhaps he will go training with the elder to release it. Kenichi is usually too passive in fights and keeps in control so I doubt he could release it on his own. Kenichi is also not as talented as takeda so him needing his masters to guide him every step of the way would be actually quite normal.

As for miu vs rimi, I think the fight will last 2 more chapters. This chapter we saw rimi starting to destroy miu's clothes which we know for a fact means the fight is drawing to a close. So next chapter I guess we see some more rimi vs miu, perhaps miu even finally taking control of her ki the way a master does and then next chapter finally defeating rimi without killing her like a true katsujinken.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    So next chapter I guess we see some more rimi vs miu, perhaps miu even finally taking control of her ki the way a master does and then next chapter finally defeating rimi without killing her like a true katsujinken.
    That would be rather boring
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed the chapter. It was an excellent conclusion to what was an exciting, and interesting, battle between Takeda and Lugh. It's good to see how much progress Takeda has made; I'm hopeful it is not too long before we see him in action once again. It seems as though we're going to be moving on to that sham of a match next. I'm hopeful that Miu ends this farce quickly, and we are allowed to focus on more pressing matters.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that was some incredibly intense fight. Kept me at the edge of the seat, hope for more such fights in the future.

Alas, all the good things have to come to an end, as we go back to Miu vs Rimi power-up spam:P

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

This has to be one of the coolest pages in the entire manga
    http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...kenichi/509/12
    You just gotta be proud of takeda and his awesomeness here, he actually looks like a master finishing an enemy due to the whole ki thing out of his eyes.

Thinking about it, I think the author kinda pulled one over us. Since the start of the manga we have seen the same light coming out of takeda's eyes coming out of the eyes of the masters. So does that mean that every time we have seen the masters do that it is not just comedic relief of sorts but rather it is something way more important? Have we actually been seeing a number of masters actually release their respective ki types all this time?

Another thing I am wondering about is the shape of the light that comes out of a masters eyes. Takeda's looks just about the same as the masters however miu's looks kinda round if that makes any sense. Perhaps when you actually have control over your ki it looks like the light coming out of most masters eyes while the round one means the user lacks control of his ki yet? So perhaps miu and rimi are still not quite in control of their ki just yet. Its would be an interesting development but if that is the case then it means that rimi and miu still have 1 more power up left(which would frankly make me want to smash my head against a brick wall).

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 509 Discussion / 510 Predictions

Great chapter IMO.

Takeda finally finishes off Lugh, and Kensei seems to think that Lugh's spirit will be crushed. I can't really imagine that he'll just quit the martial arts world, but then again having him fight someone from Shinpaku in the future might get a little lame.

Sigh, Miu vs Rimi is next eh? All their clothes are ripping off...hopefully Miu KOs Rimi soon so we can get back to Sieg vs Hermit or Kenichi vs Berserker.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Lugh is a really boring character, hope he suffers the same fate as Koga the kicker.

Takeda did well and earned a victory.

My prediction for Miu vs Rimi: bewbz. Boring match.

There is also the (boring) Renka vs Rachel... Maaaaaaaan.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lost0's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lugh should be dead after an attack like !

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that flight's over. Whatever fight is next I wonder : where is Tsutomu Tanaka? He did sorta swear eternal revenge for the murderer of his master. And lo and behold! And here he is, Ogata Isshinsai, said murderer and the thief of his style's secrets. Shouldn't we be seeing a master-on-almost-master deathmatch?
    And with the defeat of one of his disciples will Ogata try to steal a replacement? Kenichi perhaps? He has shown interest in him in the past. And no matter the outcome of his match with Berserker its going to leave him tired and easy pickings. With all those disciple battles going on it'll be difficult for the masters to keep track of them all. I know the kidnapping thing was already done but Ogata with his history of experimenting on his disciples; the presence of Ryuuto Asamiya; and the possibility of an attempted corruption of Kenichi, I think there is potential for some real interesting plots there.
    I've said this over and over, but a touch of darker plot threads in this story would make this already good manga great. I'm not saying total dark side conversion just a really difficult decision like: "if I want to save someone I have to kill someone else?" That would be the ultimate weakness or temptation for Kenichi. And Kensei Ogata Isshinsai, avatar of chaos and discord that he is, is just the master to do it.
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ogata is sort of an asshole. He didn't even commend Lugh for fighting an arduous battle.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

We didn't get much information regarding the specifics of Sei Ki, but it's now certain awakening one's ki increases a fighters attack power whether Sei or Dou type.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet chapter. On the edge of my seat for how Takeda would survive and possibly win. The finishing blow and clinch tactic were awesome. Got me pumped up to see how the Miu and Rimi fight plays out

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would to see a draw for once. I'm tired of seeing the good guys win.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It really was a great chapter. He showed a great development for the character of Takeda and hope that the author shows even more of the other members of the Alliance Shinpaku, even the not so detachable ...

I still do not understand why everyone is talking about this issue of release of Ki kind or type Dou know. As we already know that Kenichi, Takeda, Lugh, Tanimoto, Thor, Siegfried, Freya are users of this type of Ki and Miu, Rimi, Berseker are other examples of the type Dou. But it seems to be an adept is very different from being able to release any specific Ki.

The manga clearly showed that up to a disciple these two types of Ki has its peculiarities, advantages and risks, but both are powerful, but also showed that it is possible even a dicípulo emphasize on the use of two separately as Odin, but a limit has to be respected, it can cause damage to the body itself, is something very much like anyone having to do physical exercise to strengthen the body, but if you do it wrong or exaggerated vai be harmful even to their own health.

Until now, even among users of these types of master class Ki and Super-master as members of the Nine fists shadows of Yomi and Ryozapaku, was told that the Elder can use these two types of Ki freely developed and its main techniques for both. But it is remarkable to think that only a few can use them the same way as the Ancient Kushinada, Jenazard his Son. So I think in the end only one type of Ki via whichever end to a specific individual.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^I was trying to read and understand your post, but everything is blue it just threw me off......so I gave up maybe I'll try again later...

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast