Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: World Trigger by ASHIHARA Daisuke

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate World Trigger by ASHIHARA Daisuke

World Trigger
    By: Ashihara Daisuke
    Genre : Action and Supernatural
    Serialized in: Weekly Shounen Jump (Shuiesha)

Plot Summary:

Taken From Viz Media:

A gate to another dimension has burst open, and from it emerge gigantic invincible creatures that threaten all of humanity. Earth's only defense is a mysterious group of warriors who have co-opted the alien technology in order to fight back!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] World Trigger by ASHIHARA Daisuke

I was trying to resist the temptation and wait till the US release was out but my curiosity got the better of me. I'll probably end up reading that version anyway since the translations for the fan scanlation were so-so. Though at least there weren't as many grammar issues as Hungry Joker's translation.

That aside I like it so far. The art is pretty good, and the action scenes were done nicely. I didn't think the series would start off with the aliens having already "invaded" in a sense so I was a bit worried it would get into monster of the week territory for a while there, but the last page of the chapter has me hopefully that things will take a more interesting direction very quickly.

I also liked the twist towards the end of the chapter where
    Spoiler show

Overall I think it's off to a pretty awesome start and I see a bit more promise here than in Hungry Joker even though I do still sort of like that series. Hopefully this will stay interesting and won't tank.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont get this manga. It seems like it is trying something but what it is trying is i cant get. The plot seems somewhat reminiscent of Dragon Eye . You change the naver with zombies and the urban setting to fantasy 1. Characters dont seem to have anything going on for them. The white haired kid is annoying and it has been tried so hard to be cool he just isnt. Glasses is by the book and i dont know what he will be in the end.

I see the same failings in this 1 as Bulge had without the comedic affect. Art was good thou i failed to see the genius of the author......

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it, though I feel a lot of that is down to Ashihara's strong line and ability to design main characters. I mean Rilienthal and the MC of this share the same expressions and stuff, which is a treat. Ultimate failing may be that he doesn't seem very likeable so far in though. Promising, but could go wrong so easily

Also God, I'm sorry for anyone who had to read mangapanda's abortion of a translation.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Liked the art... Didn't care much for the first chapter. It felt like the first chapter of about fifty other shounen manga I read and I couldn't really get much out of it beyond that.

However I like Ashihara and sometimes these things take a while to get going so I'll stick with it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ninja2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty average atm hopefully there's something more behind these navers that are not just alien monsters some intelligent beings that have a cause for wanting to habitat the planet need more interesting enemies to be introduced.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read the Viz version, and according to them they're called "neighbors" and not "navers". Just thought I'd point that out for future reference.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nasser's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read it on shonen jump, and I most say it was pretty interesting. I hoped we got more of that fight against that huge neighbor, though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the reason some people might not like World Trigger is because it just seems so mean-spirited. I mean, it's not just the bullies who are jerks, but the main character too. Right from the first chapter, we're greeted to Kuga whose distinct traits are quitting things on a whim and treating people that try to help him poorly, for no reason whatsoever. It's not charming to put on a cute face and refuse to help your friends while they're DIAF trying to protect you. He's selfish and annoying.

And why is it that he suddenly wants to help Osamu near the end? What caused him to make a 180 degree turn in his personality in the span of only a couple of pages? The lack of consistency in his already messed up personality is also one of my biggest concerns with this manga, along with the plot being another scenario of humans protecting their land from aliens taking over the world.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh because it's just the first chapter, but so are the cancellation pressures of the ToC, especially for scifi manga. Things need to change very soon if Ashihara-sensei plans to write more than just another short story.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

P.S. Did anyone else notice that one of the bullies was reading Rilienthal? That's pretty out of character for a bully to read a light-hearted manga.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; February 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed, but I took it as fact that EVERYONE should like Super Dog Rilienthal

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

I think I've gained a little hope for the series after reading the latest chapter, but again, it's too early to tell what'll happen with this series.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; February 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Read chapter 3.

Still seems like it's setting things ip but we did get a few more details as to how humanity's been dealing with the whole invasion thing and its sort of curious how they managed to contain the teleportations into one spot. The fact that it didn't happen in this chapter means something's up though. Still not really sure where this is headed but it hasn't made any serious missteps so far, or at least not as bad as Tamagahara or Hungry Joker(even though I like the latter). Really curious how it'll end up doing in the polls, though I'd be surprised if it ranked high

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: World Trigger by ASHIHARA Daisuke

This series is falling behind, or is no groups scanning it anymore? I'm not sure.

It seems like it has potential, but its hard to tell so far. Curious to see where its going but its starting to end up like STA&Rs did for me, where it starts with a cool concept and then i just slowly lose interest in the plot.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackLotus View Post
    This series is falling behind, or is no groups scanning it anymore? I'm not sure.

It seems like it has potential, but its hard to tell so far. Curious to see where its going but its starting to end up like STA&Rs did for me, where it starts with a cool concept and then i just slowly lose interest in the plot.
    According to BakaUpdates, the last scanlation was dated 23 days ago. Since it's a JUMP manga, It's pretty safe to say that the groups were dropping it. The hype for this manga fell short.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Also when a huge chunk of the audience can just read the official release? not too much incentive to scanlate.

New Reply
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast