Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: World Trigger by ASHIHARA Daisuke

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hai_Priesty's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: World Trigger by ASHIHARA Daisuke

Quote Originally Posted by Torikofan View Post
    it's true that it was the first real battle but im really surprised that there are people who like Miwa, i think he's such a stupid person and he has yet to show us a side of him other than the mad hating side.
    In all fairness, he's not dumb - he's among the cleverer ones in Border really, just look at how he have to warn Izumi on what Arashiyama Team planned on counter-attacking in the alley, and how he baited the said Arashiyama out of hiding. When only him, Izumi and Touma fought against Arashiyama Team they the higher ranked A1 and A2 Team members relied on him to plan. (though one of them is a bomb-it-all idiot....) Team Miwa also did have solid strategy.

Maybe the word you're looking for is "emotionally immature"? To which I agree. Although he's totally capable of imagining what people can do, there's this strange inability to empathize how people feel when they're on his side. Looks to me in the flashback panels he looks very conflicted, when it was suggested that Jin was sincerely just worried about him.

But then.... I bought Volume 2 with the Omakes..... I can't help but to think he's just one of those broken boys that refuse to move on from his beloved sister's death and grow up. 17-y-o guys don't officially write their older sister as their favourite "stuff"; especially NOT when she's dead for 4 years and when most others wrote their favourite food in the Bios line -_- (To show how awkward it is, Yoneya wrote- on the same page- that he likes dogs etc, Narasaka likes Tea and Chocolate snack, Kodera likes coffee and Data Collecting). Things wrote in Vol 2 are so bad that I can't but feel sad for him. Sort of.

......And then, you know Angsty-Bishonen-with-a-sad-past is a big Fangirl Fuel.
    As for 2ch guys that parodied and made fun of him to the death for "bailing out" just himself in Yuma's Battle before his own subordinates (YONEYA IS STUCK!!) out of not wanting to negotiate with a Neighbour. Some of them correctly bashed that move, likening that to abandoning your own troops in war.

But Just as a rough gauge - World Trigger has 1058 fanarts on Pixiv Tag (Japanese Tag) -
    Jin is tagged in 117 fanart,
    Chika the Heroine 69 , Miwa in 68, (Team Miwa 42)
    Kazama in 40 and Arashiyama in 19.
    So you can say he's fairly popular.

.....And then that [insert whichever O_O; ] Jin X Miwa tag...... 38.

Quote Quote:
    but if it will be a long running series then imo the prologue will be until they finish this next invasion arc and then know why the neighbours are invading them and get a bigger goal since i don't think the biggest goal will be just saving 2 people.
    I think the 2 lives is more like plot device as a whole, but the significance is more on Chika, which forms the Heroine backstory.
    Osamu's motivation involves saving all people, and Yuma is a kid-from-another-dimension whose initial motivation involves saving his Dad, but now that dream has been shatted, his currently motivation is helping Osamu and Chika, who also give him a place he belongs.

So if 32 Chapters are the prologue it is more like setting up the basic motivation of main characters (maybe some old-school will not like Character-before-story =P I know), ad the reasons of Invasion develops as the plot proceeds.

Quote Quote:
    i'm more curious now to read his 2 oneshots, i wanna see how many ideas from them might get in world trigger. they said they will release the 2 oneshots if WT survives for one year so we just have to wait a few months now.
    Really!? They said they'll release !? I missed the first part of the two in 2008 so if it is it's a big YAY for me.

I'll also recommend 実力派エリート迅 Jitsuryoukuha Elite Jin, One-shot of 2011, WHERE JIN WAS THE MALE LEAD!
    The Borders, the Neighbours, and the basic war setting was mostly in place there!
    I vaguely remembered lots of changes, setting-wise LOTS of people died. There was no Border before invasion, and humans were first totally out-gunned before humankind came up with copying Neighbour Technology! Still, after copying their Tech, that One-shot has no Trigger-created body, you fight with REAL BODY, and if you gets defeated you may just die. I'll think it's like Attack on Titan without the on-screen violence, no wonder it has to be totally changed to avoid being accused of AoT plagerism since WT starts in 2013(my speculation =P ) and by then AoT was SO big. And people dying in numbers like AoT doesn't go well in Jump.....

Side Note : Charactes in Elite Jin one-shot were not teenagers but real adult soliders (man, non-handsome types....) , they fought like soldiers and risks dying in busloads like one. I remember one refusing to back down from the imminent unfair dismissal, telling Jin that there's no place to go back, all his family has died in that Chaos.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Double posting to give a Break on the Spoilers :

Spoiler show

Suddenly it makes sense why Jin have to ask Miwa to save Osamu.....
    Last edited by hai_Priesty; December 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Torikofan's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

i get that he's traumatized, but that's like someone got his family killed by a japanese gang for example so he hates all japanese people even the innoccent ones,kinda stupid... and like i said he doesn't have any other side to him.

Quote Quote:
    ......And then, you know Angsty-Bishonen-with-a-sad-past is a big Fangirl Fuel.
    LOL idk why but i find this very funny
    Quote Quote:
    And then that [insert whichever O_O; ] Jin X Miwa tag...... 38.
    NO please! just no!not this too!

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i get that he's traumatized, but that's like someone got his family killed by a japanese gang for example so he hates all japanese people even the innoccent ones,kinda stupid... and like i said he doesn't have any other side to him.

To which I partially blame Kido.
    He, a forty-something year old man that is supposed to lead to save-the-world organization, advised nothing but "KILL THE NEIGHBOUR" to a seventeen year old whom respects and follows him, and look up to for example.

And I seriously suspected manipulation by Kido (not only Miwa, to the public as well.)

Think about the whole plot carefully, then I started to feel that Miwa is not as one-dimensional one I initially thought.

((I'll spare you with the creepy fangirl's perspective on emotional manipulation Kido pulled on him, Creepy because they're so well drawn and explained, and that they actually makes perfect explaination on Miwa's immaturity. Miwa is an emotionally vulnerable 17-y-o after all.))

Remember Chapter 2?
    Even lower-ranked agents thought that Neighbours are some alien/monster-like lifeforms. People in the city (and even most Agents) were not told the truth.

People are only taught about Neighbour Menaces, thought they're some non-emotional beast (likened to hugh locusts and cockroaches, just much more potent.) No one told them they were sent here by some people with a plot (albeit selfish/evil). They were never given a chance to reflect the implications. Image of Neighbours are dehumanized on purpose.

I easily speculate that this hatred has been enforced by the Kido-lead Border - then people like Miwa, and many other initial trainees that started out shortly after the first disaster easily got lured. Then they'll get into that "Kill Kill Kill" drill, trained to squashing Neighbours (Trion soldiers actually) like bugs, and that this "Kill" Drill is the noblest save-the-world thing one can do to protect the city, plus being Kido's pet (sort of) Miwa will get drilled to the death, to the point where it doesn't matter anymore when he was told that there are human Neighbours. Years of holding guns and numerous battles totally desensitized this easily manipulated teenager to killing, to the point that he'll easily pull the trigger on the 11-year-old-looking kid who says he's a Neighbour.

Also to note - Tamakoma's side ( +Jin) is best at scheming; Shinoda is the strongest in Battle among the Leaders; but Kido rises to become the largest faction, filling all the politically-important posts like Tech, Media, and Fund Raising Department with his own people. And 3 quarters of the Border people are on his side. It is not far fetched to think he manipulated public view and way of Border to fit him totally, even telling Osamu to follow his rules or OUT THE DOOR. He probably got so big because he successfully absorbed all those people fuelled by hate to join Borders (2000+ dead in a city of 200,000 - how many dear friends, and family members of the dead can he recruit there? Bonus point that Borders recruit teenagers mainly because of Trion growth potential *- hot headed, simple minded, easily manipulated.)

*In case you wonder about the Trion growth thing it's in the official Twitter Q&A session - Trion organ can grow, just like how your lungs can take in more air and muscles stronger with training. Many people's Trion size stopped growing in adulthood. Teenagers preferred in Border.
    Last edited by hai_Priesty; December 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hai_Priesty View Post
    To which I partially blame Kido.
    Spoiler show
    After reading all this i don't hate Miwa as much...maybe if he saves Osamu or Yuuma i might change my opinion on him.
    and also i wonder why Kido hates the neighbours so much when he himself had a neighbour friend,that's more wierd than Miwa..... now i really want to know what happened in the past and why Kido wants to take full control of border.

Quote Quote:
    *In case you wonder about the Trion growth thing it's in the official Twitter Q&A session - Trion organ can grow, just like how your lungs can take in more air and muscles stronger with training. Many people's Trion size stopped growing in adulthood. Teenagers preferred in Border
    I thought it's size was only related to age and the capacity a person was born with, i didn't know it can actually grow with training! this means that Osamu's average trion can actually increase with training. that's quite cool info actually.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading all this i don't hate Miwa as much...maybe if he saves Osamu or Yuuma i might change my opinion on him.
    I certainly hope he won't disappoint too. (I'm not his fan but I have high hopes on him on the character development part - from the teenage bigot (Neighbour hate DOES feel racist) to a real warrior that will put his life for betterment of mankind, who slowly develop maturity to weigh in all sides and situations.) To save Osamu will be a good start to show him as a decent being.....

And Osamu probably can teach him something about caring for others; and then maybe a bit too ambitious on my part -

Remember Kido's pact with Replica? And that Replica later explain to Yuma that Kido will have full rights to break his promise of ensuring Yuma's safety if he breaks any Border rules?

Since Osamu's situation is conveyed life to Yuma via mini-Replica, I suspect in Yuma would have TRIED to rush to save Osamu when Replica tipped him but came too late, and that was why Jin asked Miwa to save Osamu in time. I really,really hope Miwa can quit his hatred somewhat when he see Yuma's sincerity in saving Osamu or better, other civilians, fighting with his supposedly Neighbour-tech Black Trigger.

It may even become a big moment of pure Awesome if Kido asked Miwa after Battle, in front of everyone, if he witnessed Rank C Agent Yuma broke any rules (Read : You say YES Miwa! And I'll fire Kuga Yuma on spot, and get full rights to rob him of Black Trigger later!!!) And then Miwa, after hesitation, decided that Yuma is a good guy and said No, Kuga and Replica stayed by my side to advice on how to battle this never-seen-before Trion soldiers; I downed everything myself.
    (Yea I know I have greedy requests on Character Development ^_^; )

Quote Quote:
    and also i wonder why Kido hates the neighbours so much when he himself had a neighbour friend,that's more wierd than Miwa..... now i really want to know what happened in the past and why Kido wants to take full control of border.
    Yup I find it very strange too...... Maybe some backstory, or maybe it has something to do with Mogami, who trusted Neighbours, and yet died one year before invasion?

Or real-life explanation .... Kido in heart don't hate Neighbours as he pretends to be?
    I find it intriguing that Shinoda, even after getting so enraged with Kido for his foiled-Black-Trigger-Robbery and threatening to take his WHOLE faction down if he hurts Yuma, still believed that Kido cares!?

Just maybe........Kido has gotten all so powerful by luring all those fuelled by hate to support him, and then like any Extremist political faction leader, he has to keep on pretending to believe in what he preached on how all Neighbours should die in order to keep controlling them? (Hate is both a great marketing tool and "Underling Selection Tool" - those who subscribe to hate, conveniently also tends to be those irrational, easily manipulated people that will follow your orders and make sacrifices normal rational people won't.) ...And Shinoda does knows it?

Quote Quote:
    I thought it's size was only related to age and the capacity a person was born with, i didn't know it can actually grow with training! this means that Osamu's average trion can actually increase with training. that's quite cool info actually.
    Yuma is David Beckham, and Osamu is the four eyes in the middle school soccer team that can't kick a ball straight. XD
    Recently Osamu trained with a real expert and with hard work, finally become a functioning player on his school team
    (Side note : Osamu was recently discovered by Coach to have good field strategy and Leadership skills and always seem to win respect from little freshmen even though his skills are so average LOL)

(Since Trion was likened to muscles there, I suspect Osamu can grow but like real life will never be a world-class. Maybe at to a fitful fighter at lower end of Rank A by the time Chika gains A2-class shooting skills?)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Bers's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello I am new to the subject so please treat me well.
    I hope so because I follow a lot interested in this manga and is seen to be very realistic when explicasiones or goals give some people who act and think this makes it very interesting.

from my point of view does not seem to shonen of a time this is very different about why I like even more would say this is the shonen type manga characters (hunter x hunter)

clear without abusing say "characters" not "like" so I like a little more why I want this manga triumph as no sleeves very good these days (my best wishes to Trigger World)
    I just want to apologize beforehand with you because my English is not good and therefore use and translator for that insurance will not understand me very well but I do my best to make it understandable for you so I hope not pester way too.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Besr View Post
    from my point of view does not seem to shonen of a time this is very different about why I like even more would say this is the shonen type manga characters (hunter x hunter)
    I don't really get this part. Are you saying World Trigger isn't shounen-type manga?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

People dont like Miwa and Kazama, or Miwa and Jin? All their arts are so good and pleasing. Best relations for the series.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Bers's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    I don't really get this part. Are you saying World Trigger isn't shounen-type manga?
    I refer to my "powerfull" and the "realists" there are two types of "shonen"

Powerful Mangas: Bleach or Naruto.
    Mangas Realistic: Hunter x Hunter.

I mean World Trigger is this going by the branch of the realistic and not the "Powerfull" so I think that she is going down a good path (that's my opinion) for others may be different.
    I just want to apologize beforehand with you because my English is not good and therefore use and translator for that insurance will not understand me very well but I do my best to make it understandable for you so I hope not pester way too.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Besr View Post
    I mean World Trigger is this going by the branch of the realistic and not the "Powerfull" so I think that she is going down a good path (that's my opinion) for others may be different.
    The author is a male.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    It may even become a big moment of pure Awesome if Kido asked Miwa after Battle, in front of everyone, if he witnessed Rank C Agent Yuma broke any rules (Read : You say YES Miwa! And I'll fire Kuga Yuma on spot, and get full rights to rob him of Black Trigger later!!!) And then Miwa, after hesitation, decided that Yuma is a good guy and said No, Kuga and Replica stayed by my side to advice on how to battle this never-seen-before Trion soldiers; I downed everything myself.
    (Yea I know I have greedy requests on Character Development ^_^; )
    that woul be nice if it happened.

Quote Quote:
    Yup I find it very strange too...... Maybe some backstory, or maybe it has something to do with Mogami, who trusted Neighbours, and yet died one year before invasion?
    Or real-life explanation .... Kido in heart don't hate Neighbours as he pretends to be?
    I find it intriguing that Shinoda, even after getting so enraged with Kido for his foiled-Black-Trigger-Robbery and threatening to take his WHOLE faction down if he hurts Yuma, still believed that Kido cares!?
    It definitely has to be sometihng related to Yuuma's father, he was porabably his closest freind and that's why Shinoda knows that he cares.

Quote Quote:
    Since Trion was likened to muscles there, I suspect Osamu can grow but like real life will never be a world-class. Maybe at to a fitful fighter at lower end of Rank A by the time Chika gains A2-class shooting skills?)
    i really hope in the end that he becomes below the top in terms of power but over the top because of his strategies and tactics and leadership.

Quote Quote:
    People dont like Miwa and Kazama, or Miwa and Jin? All their arts are so good and pleasing. Best relations for the series.
    if it's just them together in a fanart then it's fine but if it's yaoi then NO seriously all that yaoi for every single possible pairing in every series is so disgusting i can't even search for something like Magi or Kuroko no basket without seeing all those yaoi fanarts, i can't beleive people watch an anime just for yaoi pairings....

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if it's just them together in a fanart then it's fine but if it's yaoi then NO seriously all that yaoi for every single possible pairing in every series is so disgusting i can't even search for something like Magi or Kuroko no basket without seeing all those yaoi fanarts, i can't beleive people watch an anime just for yaoi pairings....
    I dont see whats wrong with fans being excited about well designed and created characters in series and then going off to have even more fun with visualizing these characters in romantic relationships with each other kissing or even being litrally in each other in delightful positions and poses engaging in various recreational activities. I find it fascinating, fun, and pleasing, in World Trigger especially since theres so many implied and deep connections between much of the cast (Miwa, Kazama, and Jin seem highly interconnected with each other, and extending to even Yoneya too). Its great in those other series too, probably no one is watching it for the sake of pairings but as a result and potentially a living testament to how well created, written, and designed the characters in the respective series are.

A series must first and foremost be interesting and hook people enough to even get numerous and continuous fanart.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well i find yaoi very disgusting and wrong and ugly but whatever, i don't want this to change to a discussion on yaoi so let's leave it at that so we don't go out of topic.
    Are you homophobic?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol hate is not phobia so i don't think so and once again please lets not turn world trigger's page into discussion on yaoi
    So you hate people who were born differently than you?
    What is there to hate about two people who love each who just happen to be of the same gender?

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 43 for those who don't have access to Viz's WSJ http://read.powermanga.org/read/worl...en/0/43/page/2
    Expect the other two in next few days

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast