Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: World Trigger by ASHIHARA Daisuke

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: World Trigger by ASHIHARA Daisuke

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    Also when a huge chunk of the audience can just read the official release? not too much incentive to scanlate.
    Most of us aren't going to pay Viz for their scanlations. Especially when most of the series in their abridged version of Jump aren't any good, and even with the few good series they do have they literally butcher and rape it by changing names like Zoro to Zolo.

And I honestly just think Mangaburn is slow. Sometimes they go a few weeks without releasing a chapter of the various series so I don't think we should necessarily assume they've dropped World Trigger.

---------- Post added May 05, 2013 at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was May 03, 2013 at 12:35 AM ----------

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/World-Tri...-003?id=163129
    Told ya guys it wasn't dropped.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
    Most of us aren't going to pay Viz for their scanlations. Especially when most of the series in their abridged version of Jump aren't any good, and even with the few good series they do have they literally butcher and rape it by changing names like Zoro to Zolo.

And I honestly just think Mangaburn is slow. Sometimes they go a few weeks without releasing a chapter of the various series so I don't think we should necessarily assume they've dropped World Trigger.

---------- Post added May 05, 2013 at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was May 03, 2013 at 12:35 AM ----------

Oh c'mon now, anyone who cares that much about an R to an L needs to reassess priorities. Especially when most people are content to get free illegal shit from people like mangapanda who don't even seem to understand the english language. But still, yay you! You used rape in a way that wasn't super cruddy at all.

Viz do over a quarter of Weekly Jump with a bunch of other series for pennies an issue (free on android, I believe) and people aren't willing to pay? Ecch, faith in humanity reduced successfully.

My point also totally still stands: the majority of the western audience for World Trigger uses their service, just by sheer virtue of the fact that they release the chapters day and date.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nensense View Post

Yeah they changed it back to Zoro a while ago when Funimation got it.. And the magazine is so cheap and translations are great it's a real steal.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Dragon View Post
    Yeah they changed it back to Zoro a while ago when Funimation got it..
    That is an objective LIE.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Raw of chapter 17 was already released.I hope this series will get more attention

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh c'mon now, anyone who cares that much about an R to an L needs to reassess priorities. Especially when most people are content to get free illegal shit from people like mangapanda who don't even seem to understand the english language. But still, yay you! You used rape in a way that wasn't super cruddy at all.

Viz do over a quarter of Weekly Jump with a bunch of other series for pennies an issue (free on android, I believe) and people aren't willing to pay? Ecch, faith in humanity reduced successfully.

My point also totally still stands: the majority of the western audience for World Trigger uses their service, just by sheer virtue of the fact that they release the chapters day and date.
    I downloaded the app, but it seems its $1 an issue, and the free thing next to it (i assumed a complimentary issue as a try before you buy, and hoped maybe it would get me an early chance to read one piece this week) but the free thing is asking to download other random apps. A year subscription is $25, so less than a dollar an issue this way for those inclined.

It may be worth it if they translated weekly shonen jump entirely (all 21 series) and released on monday with japanese jump, because it would basically be the same thing as buying the actual magazine, but digitally and cheaper, but as it stands now is an abridged version with only half the titles at most (maybe a third?).

If i'm going to support viz and shonen jump titles, might as well do the same as usual: just read the scans, but then buy the tankoban when they come out in english as they go.

To keep on the topic of World Trigger however, does anyone know if WSJA titles they do include get released as tankoban on any sort of schedule? Wondering if with the time it takes to translate world trigger that i'm better off buying the tankoban and not following the scanlation groups with keeping up to the series. I feel like its improving according to its poll results in japan so i want to follow up on it for now.
    Last edited by TheBlackLotus; June 10, 2013 at 08:43 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackLotus View Post
    To keep on the topic of World Trigger however, does anyone know if WSJA titles they do include get released as tankoban on any sort of schedule? Wondering if with the time it takes to translate world trigger that i'm better off buying the tankoban and not following the scanlation groups with keeping up to the series. I feel like its improving according to its poll results in japan so i want to follow up on it for now.
    Unfortunately, it might be a little too soon to ask; we only have three series to go on that were simultaneously released to WSJ Japan and WSJ USA (Nisekoi doesn't count because WSJ USA picked it up months after the series already began in Japan):

1. Barrage
    - the print Japanese volumes were released on October and November 2012
    - the digital English volumes were also released on October and November 2012
    - the print English volumes were released March and April 2013.

2. Takamagahara
    - both print Japanese volumes were released on January 2013
    - the digital English volumes were released February and March 2013
    - the print English volumes have yet to be released

3. Cross Manage
    - print Japanese volumes 1 and 2 were released March and May 2013
    - digital English volume 1 was released May 2013, volume 2 has yet to be released
    - the print English volumes have yet to be released

To answer your question for now, no, there's doesn't seem to be a consistent schedule.

And on top of that, even the Japanese scheduling of volume releases can be shaky if a series does poorly enough. Normally, you have series whose volumes go on sale two months apart, but when a series does so poorly, its volumes may be rushed to release one month apart (Barrage) or even together (Takamagahara).

With World Trigger potentially to become the best-performing new series WSJ USA has picked up that was also simultaneously being released for WSJ Japan, avoiding the aforementioned release rush along with Cross Manage, maybe the WSJ USA volume release schedule will stabilize more.

Still, I think I'd prefer waiting for the tankobons to come out and buy those instead of subscribing, as I've done with Barrage.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; June 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

A dollar an issue is still a decent deal, but going for tanks isn't that bad a thing, either. If Cross Manage represents the future then it should only ever be one volume behind, which isn't too shabby at all.

More than anything though, whichever is done, or even if you just order the japanese volumes from an import site like yesasia, just... Support the actual series, eh. It's important.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Stark700's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

A dollar an issue is still a decent deal, but going for tanks isn't that bad a thing, either. If Cross Manage represents the future then it should only ever be one volume behind, which isn't too shabby at all.

More than anything though, whichever is done, or even if you just order the japanese volumes from an import site like yesasia, just... Support the actual series, eh. It's important.
    I agree. I'm not the biggest fan of the series, but I'm planning on buying the first volume digitally when Viz releases it. I have some faith that I'll like it in the future.

New developments in the story are making it much more enjoyable for me.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope english translations will catch up soon. This series needs attention to survive. In my opinion World Trigger will become very popular series if it gets popularity and if jump doesnt kill it .

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay english translations are catching up. World Trigger FTW. I hope chapter 26 will be epic.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh, yeah they are catching up. though... yanno... Pay and read the legit version, natch, UK person.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    British Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

World Trigger 26 Raw
    http://raw.senmanga.com/World_Trigger/26/1

lets see what translation says about this chapter

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Stark700's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michalek10866 View Post
    I hope english translations will catch up soon. This series needs attention to survive. In my opinion World Trigger will become very popular series if it gets popularity and if jump doesnt kill it .
    It only needs attention in Japan to survive in WSJ.
    It's doing pretty good/alright. We'll see how it does after the next round of cancellations.

Translations for this aren't really a priority because it's licensed. That and the translators probably aren't all that interested in it.

Anyway,
    Latest (legal) chapter (25) was pretty good. Almost the same as 24 with dem cliffhangers.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zogobob View Post
    We'll see how it does after the next round of cancellations.
    I think Smoky B.B. going to get axed along with Mutou Black and Jaco going to end soon. So, I think World Trigger is safe for the next round.

New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast