Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 39 of 134 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread: Because Chocolate Can't Get You Pregnant

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nothing Exceeds Like Excess

So, for no apparent reason, the official Premier League website screws up and tells us that Jose will officially become the next Chelsea manager on June 3rd. http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...-chelsea.html? http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...-chelsea.html? They were supposed to wait until Monday, June 3rd to release the post, but well...

Here's to happy accidents!

Welcome home, Jose!

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    So, for no apparent reason, the official Premier League website screws up and tells us that Jose will officially become the next Chelsea manager on June 3rd. http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...-chelsea.html? http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...-chelsea.html? They were supposed to wait until Monday, June 3rd to release the post, but well...

Here's to happy accidents!

Welcome home, Jose!
    Yeah I read about that blunder on Eurosport in the morning. The premier league site has since taken off that article and apoligised, some crap about "jumping to conclusions" blah blah. Madrid president Perez himself confirmed that Mourinho was leaving Madrid for Chelsea. It is done.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Yeah I read about that blunder on Eurosport in the morning. The premier league site has since taken off that article and apoligised, some crap about "jumping to conclusions" blah blah. Madrid president Perez himself confirmed that Mourinho was leaving Madrid for Chelsea. It is done.
    Yes, they apologized to Chelsea for that blunder.

Yeah, Perez came out today and said that Jose was heading to us. It's not like we didn't already know that, but...

Pellegrini is on his way to City. The deal's not done yet, but he's going, obviously.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they apologized to Chelsea for that blunder.

Yeah, Perez came out today and said that Jose was heading to us. It's not like we didn't already know that, but...

Pellegrini is on his way to City. The deal's not done yet, but he's going, obviously.

I guess the most obvious managerial news is done, now to see what new players Jose is bringing to Chelsea. I read somewhere that Schurrle is making his way to the Bridge, right?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the most obvious managerial news is done, now to see what new players Jose is bringing to Chelsea. I read somewhere that Schurrle is making his way to the Bridge, right?
    Martinez became Everton's manager yesterday. :P

Well, the thing is that it was reported that we were going to pay 20-22m, plus a one year loan of Kevin de Bruyne, for Schurrle, but new reports have surfaced that we're only going to pay 20m Euros, and no loan, which is a much more palatable fee. However, the fact that the deal isn't done yet may imply that Jose doesn't want Schurrle and wants to give KDB a chance.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

a sugar cookie...are you kidding me man

Last edited by gnut; June 07, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob, I'm not even going to talk about the fake Arsenal bid for Fellaini. Of course, I just did, but...

We've gone all in on Cavani, apparently, plus we're the only legitimate bidders.

Lukaku will play for us next season and chances are the KDB will as well.

Torres looks like he'll be on his way out (thankfully!), but how we sell him is beyond me.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post

a sugar cookie...are you kidding me man

Hey Greg, how you doing lately?

How's Buffy and Xavier too?

Bob, I'm not even going to talk about the fake Arsenal bid for Fellaini. Of course, I just did, but...

We've gone all in on Cavani, apparently, plus we're the only legitimate bidders.

Lukaku will play for us next season and chances are the KDB will as well.

Torres looks like he'll be on his way out (thankfully!), but how we sell him is beyond me.
    I never really look forward to our summer transfer news and deals, it's never anyone "big" or world class.

Yep, Chelsea at least, are making moves and bringing in quality players. It will be so good for Chelsea fans to see Lukaku play, guessing Mourinho wants a Drogba-like player up front, hence Torres' upcoming departure(?).

We've finally gotten rid of Arshavin btw, good riddance and how he's wasted the last 2-3 seasons .

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I never really look forward to our summer transfer news and deals, it's never anyone "big" or world class.

Yep, Chelsea at least, are making moves and bringing in quality players. It will be so good for Chelsea fans to see Lukaku play, guessing Mourinho wants a Drogba-like player up front, hence Torres' upcoming departure(?).

We've finally gotten rid of Arshavin btw, good riddance and how he's wasted the last 2-3 seasons .
    Don't you lpve how Gazidis keeps talking about the "70m," but isn't actually bidding for any players? He talked about spending 25m and 200k+ wages on Rooney, and I laughed.

Well, assuming this deal for Cavani goes through, we'll have two very different options up front.

Torres should be gone somehow.

It is good to finally see Arshavin out on his ass.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you lpve how Gazidis keeps talking about the "70m," but isn't actually bidding for any players? He talked about spending 25m and 200k+ wages on Rooney, and I laughed.

Well, assuming this deal for Cavani goes through, we'll have two very different options up front.

Torres should be gone somehow.

It is good to finally see Arshavin out on his ass.
    I loathe the Arsenal board, they are beyond annoying to me. Every season it's the same shit, "Wenger will spend big, we will give him so and so millions to spend", and every season Wenger does fuck all. Amongst them Gazidis is one I despise the most. And I will be damned if we get Wayne Rooney, or spend that much on wages for him. If he wants to leave United, he can screw off somewhere else. £70m, pfftt.

With Lukaku and Cavani, you've got the support striker type in the former who can hold up the ball, create opportunities for his partner and Cavani is the box man that gets in and amongst the chances. It could prove to be one of the best combinations for Chelsea, if it comes to fruition and done right.

Didn't I read that Atletico Madrid said they'd welcome him back? Whatever club Chelsea ship him off to, they'd be making a massive loss, they'd have to lower his price immensely, as not many clubs would be willing to pay big for him. Well, any actually.

Yes, that was a long time coming imo.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I loathe the Arsenal board, they are beyond annoying to me. Every season it's the same shit, "Wenger will spend big, we will give him so and so millions to spend", and every season Wenger does fuck all. Amongst them Gazidis is one I despise the most. And I will be damned if we get Wayne Rooney, or spend that much on wages for him. If he wants to leave United, he can screw off somewhere else. £70m, pfftt.

With Lukaku and Cavani, you've got the support striker type in the former who can hold up the ball, create opportunities for his partner and Cavani is the box man that gets in and amongst the chances. It could prove to be one of the best combinations for Chelsea, if it comes to fruition and done right.

Didn't I read that Atletico Madrid said they'd welcome him back? Whatever club Chelsea ship him off to, they'd be making a massive loss, they'd have to lower his price immensely, as not many clubs would be willing to pay big for him. Well, any actually.

Yes, that was a long time coming imo.
    I understand your pain. The American Football team that I support, while we've won trophies in the past, operates similarly to Arsenal's board. They're not uber-miserly like Stan Kroenke (his American Football team is just about the worst team in the league), but they don't make big money signings. Basically, we've relied on having the best player in the league for like 8-9 years (we've had him for 13 years, and we won three titles in his first four seasons) and hoping that everything works out. The truth is, without spending on players, we're not going to win.

Yeah, Rooney for 25m and 200k+, what a joke. Two seasons ago, it would've been a great move, but then he started to become lazy and lose fitness. He's worth about 20m and 75-100k wages now, if that.

Jose doesn't use a 4-4-2, and most people think that that we'll switch between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3. So, what we think will happen is that Cavani will start the big games (if there was a CL match, he'd play, and then Lukaku would play the Premier League game right before that and stuff), Lukaku will rotate in and get a lot of playing in the Premier League, and that we'll switch to a 4-3-3, or even some type of diamond, by pulling off an AM and replacing him with Lukaku.

So you'd end up with like Mata---Lukaku---Cavani.

That was last summer. We could've apparently acquired Falcao for Torres plus 30 or 40m last summer. Basically, Torres wants to play in the WC and he needs playing time to do that. We're not going to be giving him playing time, so he'll have to leave. We're probably going to have to subsidize some of his wages in order to sell, but it was a bad contract and I think Roman's learned from his takes with Sheva and Torres that he can't buy players. He needs to let more informed football people make the purchases.

It was. Four goal man right there! :P
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; June 09, 2013 at 08:17 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

choco pizza spam

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap that looks amazing.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If man 'im a ting, then him a ting

The first one's quite pretty, but the second one looks a bit disgusting. Marshmallows, M&Ms, and chocolate sauce on a normal pizza is just wrong.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

I don't like this thread title.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If man 'im a ting, then him a ting

^Unless the dough is made out of cookie. ^^

Thread Closed
Page 39 of 134 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast