Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
lol,itachi's wisdom was so high that he could withstand that hatred. itachi's heart is a senju one
Hiruzen did mention that Itachi was less connected to his clan's legacy than was normal for the Uchiha, particularly because Itachi was able to view the larger picture and consider the consequence and cause of those patterns of violence that seemed to perpetually consume the shinobi world. He was not without fault, but even then, when he last spoke to Naruto, he demonstrated an innate wisdom befitting of a Kage.

As a young boy, he was able to do what no one else could. Maintain a tenuous peace in the village. And he followed that up by keeping Orochimaru, Danzou, and Tobi (disguised as Madara) in check, disregarding the burden it was on his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
Maybe the reason why itachi and shisui awaken their MS and they're the most strongest uchiha at that time is simply because they channeled their love to the konoha. Their love to their fellow villagers, their love to the konoha and their love to their country made them a super strong and one hell of a beast.

I think tobirama was right. If the uchiha just channeled their love to the village and put the village's safety above than their own clan then maybe there's alot of uchiha who got their own MS. If they truly love their fellow konoha ninja, then in a ninja war, every uchiha would awaken their MS. Their love to protect the konoha and their fellow ninja would trigger/awaken their true power.
I think this is probably part of how Itachi and Shisui were able to awaken their MS. They were presumably best friends and both alive after each had attained MS. So what was the love they sealed into those eyes?

I think they shared a mutual affection for the village and the promise of what it could be: the will of fire that illuminates brighter futures. And each seeing the direction the Uchiha were determined to go, sealed what remaining affection they held for the clan into their eyes.

If, as Tobirama states, this transformation hardens one's resolve, then it gives more meaning to that scene of Itachi often reference: the Konoha police accusing Itachi of killing Shisui.

With that line, Itachi is very clearly broadcasting his purpose, ambitions, and mission. Or at least it's direct in hindsight. He's accusing the Uchiha of failing to fulfill their full potential by living such an insular existence. To their detriment, they uphold the legacy of their clan above the collective legacy of those who came together to build something lasting and more inclusive. Because this idea is so foreign to them, they are unable to comprehend the depth of wisdom Itachi has reached by shedding such childish attachments.

The Uchiha risk war, risk "dying nobly" for a self-righteous cause. Itachi chooses to "live humbly" and miserably for his.

The above could very well be an affirmation of the will of fire and a rejection of that despair and loss the Uchiha are abnormally prone to.

In this bottom most panel where Itachi declares his intentions, he states he missed the secret meeting to reach the height of this capacity. The kunai through the Uchiha crest from the beginning has been highly symbolic and I think that here it means more than has been recognized. Itachi loved his clan. He set up everything for Sasuke to preserve a false reputation for them. But recognizing has far they would fall, he became disgusted by the hardline the clan was taking.

He was unable to accept the further pain a coup would cause. Civil war would leave the village vulnerable to the other nations. He also had a comrade who helped confirm his own ideas about the duty of shinobi. And so that day he fully chose to align himself with Konoha over his clan. But he says it best himself:

Wow. This ended up lengthier than I intended. I vaguely remember making a case a long time back, before even these latest revelations, about Itachi being a sort of shadow Kage keeping the balance and his death triggering an acceleration of various malevolent schemes, so I wanted to update those ideas now that Kishimoto's added more context to those situations. Time to finish the 620 review.