Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentine's Day - Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Valentine's Day is coming! Do you have any plan?

Man look at this poor guy,damn i feel for him,not a valentine day to remeber.

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Woo...it's 2 years since anyone remember about Valentines Day.

Anyway, Valentine's Day is around the corner again! Now, boys and girls, what's your plan to surprise your love ones? I'll be having a rendevouz with my dear and hopefully I hope to get some roses even though they are sky rocket expensive on this day

▲Away till end June. ▲

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, gawd, Valentine's day. The day of the year where me and my mates go out to the pub to find vulnerable girls

This year tho I'm in a relationship (oh the dread j/k) but we've planned to make it low key, stay in, cook a nice dinner and just watch a movie or two. I might buy something for her too but I guess we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by blai; February 06, 2011 at 09:05 PM.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Channy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is Just another day of the year that i got plastered

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Oh, gawd, Valentine's day. The day of the year where me and my mates go out to the pub to find vulnerable girls

This year tho I'm in a relationship (oh the dread j/k) but we've planned to make it low key, stay in, cook a nice dinner and just watch a movie or two. I might buy something for her too but I guess we'll see what happens.
    What? Since when?

In my opinion, you should make her a card if you really like her. That shows you've put thought and time into it and that she's worth it.

I have no plans. Dunno what I'll do... but it's on next Monday, isn't it? I'll just be in class, I guess. Even if I did have a girlfriend, we'd have to go out after 10 PM since class ends at 9:45 PM.

Next year, I hope it's different.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    What? Since when?
    What?

In my opinion, you should make her a card if you really like her. That shows you've put thought and time into it and that she's worth it.
    Yeah, I guess that a card is more personal (and cheaper yay), and I can draw guns and monsters on it to make it less smutty than a box of chocolate..

I have no plans. Dunno what I'll do... but it's on next Monday, isn't it? I'll just be in class, I guess. Even if I did have a girlfriend, we'd have to go out after 10 PM since class ends at 9:45 PM.
    Do you have class all day? That seriously blows. There's a lot to do as a single male on Val. Day, trust me. But having class until nine forty-five on Val. Day... Poor teacher.

Next year, I hope it's different.
    It's partially up to you, gambatte !

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

When were you in a relationship?

You don't feel like the card's a good idea?

Yes I do. And it's different classes. I have it from 11 to 1:45, 4 to 5:45, and 7 to 9:45. It's for this semester, so it's not that bad. What can a single guy do on Valentine's Day without going to the bar?

I'll try my best to make it different! *Sawako pose*

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Valentine's Day - Discussion Thread

Who is this Cupid and why does he have such an awesome name color?
    Last edited by Gecko Moria; February 07, 2011 at 12:08 AM.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Gecko and everyone else wondering about Cupid - check out this thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67629

Cupid can help you express your feelings to that special someone here at MH (or even just a friend you want to show appreciation for) in honor of Valentine's Day.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

When were you in a relationship?
    Oh, umm, a couple of weeks now I guess. That's the reason why I took it easy on the cruise. I'm a good boy yes yes

You don't feel like the card's a good idea?
    I do, I'm sorry if I seemed sarcastic. I like it better than buying chocolate or flowers, the later two are so... cheesy. You know?

Yes I do. And it's different classes. I have it from 11 to 1:45, 4 to 5:45, and 7 to 9:45. It's for this semester, so it's not that bad. What can a single guy do on Valentine's Day without going to the bar?
    That is seriously horrible. I mean, the time between your classes is too short to actually DO something. I would never have survived that. I have one class next Monday and it's between five to seven pm which leaves me with dinner around eight which is pretty nice.

Umm, I actually don't know, that was more of an encouragement to go to the bar then to give you lots of suggestions ehehe. I guess you can go to a night club? Girls are very, very vulnerable this day.

I'll try my best to make it different! *Sawako pose*
    *hi5*

Also, Cupid looks like a pimp, I want his color *grumpy*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably just give her some chocolates and take her out in a theme park... I can't think of anywhere else...

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Oh, umm, a couple of weeks now I guess. That's the reason why I took it easy on the cruise. I'm a good boy yes yes

I do, I'm sorry if I seemed sarcastic. I like it better than buying chocolate or flowers, the later two are so... cheesy. You know?
    I am shocked, my young friend, very shocked. Pleasantly so.

Not only is it cheesy, but it's just... typical, yanno? Just walk into a store, get a good chocolate heart thingie, and some random roses, and done! With making a card, you actually put thought, time, and love into it.

Two friends of mine loved it when I personally handmade cards for their birthday, one loved it so much she told me she was actually crying. She also said it was one of the best gift she got that year, if I recall right (which I probably am not). It's why I'd actually make cards for my girlfriend/female friends; I wanna show they're worth me putting my time into, even though both of the females were e-friends and only had pics to cherish. <_<

Quote Quote:
    That is seriously horrible. I mean, the time between your classes is too short to actually DO something. I would never have survived that. I have one class next Monday and it's between five to seven pm which leaves me with dinner around eight which is pretty nice.

Umm, I actually don't know, that was more of an encouragement to go to the bar then to give you lots of suggestions ehehe. I guess you can go to a night club? Girls are very, very vulnerable this day.

*hi5*
    I have nothing to do so I don't really care. I either go home, get something to eat outside (usually at Taco Bell), or go to Barnes and Nobles to read some manga. Even if I had a girlfriend, she'd probably be too busy, though if she wasn't, we'd be able to slip in a quickie. Plus, who goes out on a date on Monday nights anyway? Though honestly, it'd be a good way to keep the relationship fresh and going, being random and stuff.

I can't go to a bar or a club yet, not old enough. Plus, I don't wanna go by myself, for once. <_<

*hi5*

I should have no excuse next year. I'll be twenty-one and hopefully be completely rid of my self-consciousness. Just need to get rid of the guts and horrible voice. v.v

So, what are your plans for Valentine's, Adam?

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually have a long list of overdue dates with my boyfriend. So we're just taking things slow. -_- Last month we wanted to have a nice Japanese dinner and we never got to it so now we're making that our valentines' thing instead. We're that simple.

@blai, I think your idea is okay. And you both can cook the dinner because, as you know, the kitchen is a sexy place ^^ even if you're just honestly cooking.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    Who is this Cupid and why does he have such an awesome name color?
    I am also curious to know who this Cupid is....I have a funny feeling Yabe and/or Des-chan have something to do with this. =P

Happy be-lated b'day Cupid!

101! xD

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I am shocked, my young friend, very shocked. Pleasantly so.
    Happy to please

Not only is it cheesy, but it's just... typical, yanno? Just walk into a store, get a good chocolate heart thingie, and some random roses, and done! With making a card, you actually put thought, time, and love into it.
    Yeah, I know, and even if the girl might appreciate it, it's not authentic or personal at all. It's like people are buying chocolate and roses just because. Not because they genuinely want to.

Two friends of mine loved it when I personally handmade cards for their birthday, one loved it so much she told me she was actually crying. She also said it was one of the best gift she got that year, if I recall right (which I probably am not). It's why I'd actually make cards for my girlfriend/female friends; I wanna show they're worth me putting my time into, even though both of the females were e-friends and only had pics to cherish. <_<
    Nice! If she cried when recieving it then the card must've been awesome. Got any tips, man to man?

That's a good idea, making it personal and showing that they care. I've never really done anything like this before, not on val day, not ever because

a) I've been randomly sleeping around with women without caring about them at all, rarely remembering their names
    b) The relationship I have with my female friends are quite vain/shallow. We use each other, you know, introduce people, hang out at parties, wingman.

My two only real female friends moved across the country before summer and I haven't really talked to them since (don't know why) and I never really appreciated them until after they left.
    I'm not really the emotional type when it comes to showing feelings / becoming vulnerable. I actually have serious trust issues so I have an extremely hard time opening up to people.

I have nothing to do so I don't really care. I either go home, get something to eat outside (usually at Taco Bell), or go to Barnes and Nobles to read some manga. Even if I had a girlfriend, she'd probably be too busy, though if she wasn't, we'd be able to slip in a quickie. Plus, who goes out on a date on Monday nights anyway? Though honestly, it'd be a good way to keep the relationship fresh and going, being random and stuff.
    I'd say go out eat with some friends, it's val day, you can read manga any day, or when you come home.

I went on my first date with Emilia on a Tuesday. There's no reason to wait until weekends if you want to date. You can go out for dinner at any day, really.

I can't go to a bar or a club yet, not old enough. Plus, I don't wanna go by myself, for once. <_<
    Ah, right, viva la Suede! Drink at 16, pubs, clubs at 18!

I should have no excuse next year. I'll be twenty-one and hopefully be completely rid of my self-consciousness. Just need to get rid of the guts and horrible voice. v.v
    If you need help getting rid of your self-consciousness, just holler and I'll help! First step to getting someone to like you is to like yourself. You cant expect someone to love you if you don't love yourself.

So, what are your plans for Valentine's, Adam?
    Perhaps making a card like you suggested but I've got classes too and meeting with the Edu.Committee so I'll be cooking for her at my place, maybe a movie or two.......

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    @blai, I think your idea is okay. And you both can cook the dinner because, as you know, the kitchen is a sexy place ^^ even if you're just honestly cooking.
    Well, I didn't want to go out or become one of those overly-cheesy couples. And what do you think of me? Of course I will cook. I'm a very pure and innocent person. I'm also an excellent cook.

Sounds like you two have quite the healthy relationship bb if you don't depend on dates that much, just go out casually because it's nice. But really, are you two that busy separately not to squeeze time in for a 'lil dinner? :P

New Reply
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast