Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Character in GantZ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Davox's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Character in GantZ?

KAZE that man is a beast he fights some of the hardest bosses with no weapons at all and in the dinosaur mission damn he took on a raptor with no suit and still beat the crap out of it.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah and Kei with no suite killed the whole army of those raptors.....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndKurono View Post
    yeah and Kei with no suite killed the whole army of those raptors.....
    Even though Kei is definitely strong, and undoubtedly has the strongest will to survive, in the raw strength category I have Kaze in the lead by a lot.
    Last edited by Davox; April 25, 2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

he has the strongest will not to surender and fight to then end and thinking about others before himself,forgot to add this one in,shit i miss Kei in da manga......

oh and yeah Kaze is definantly the strongest one on one with no suite

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Izumi.

For me, he is the best Gantzer of Tokyo.

I look very much like him, maybe thats why he is my favorite character..

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

wow ur Izumi im Kurono,now only thing missing is da black ball and for us to die on go killing aliens whos Katou

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll take Kaze I have a beard, though I don' have anything else in common with him

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

i might have something with Izumi i just love beeing alive and feeling the adrenaline i would definantly die if i could get to the room.shit Gantz land on earth damn it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Kurono, he´s become a great character. In the beginning of Gantz I hated him so much, but since the Buddah mission he has matured a lot (they guy really needed to have sex :P).

Katou is another great char, the first Gantz leader and the typical lead character in any other manga: strong, determined and with high ethics. I want to see him loose his head in a mission and go all out, something like what Kurono did in the buddist temple...he´ll surely put up a good show. Hmmm.....maybe against the Osaka team?? XD

Muscle Man is another one of my favourites, his relationship with the little kid is making him more interesting and I really loved when the little boy used Kaze´s back attack in the Osaka mission. The kid couldn´t have felt in better hands, I really hope one day they accidentally find the kid´s parents and Kaze avenges the kid.

Apart from these I also like Reika, the 2 psichycs (sp?) and the vampire leader, he reminds me a lot of K´from KOF...In fact almost all the chars in Gantz are really well done and developed.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

nah he didnt only need sex he needed suport and love like he got from Tae and all those guys in da jurasic mission.they were all gongratulating him,Reika got in love with him,thats what he needed.cause if hes parents hate him and forget about him,hes brother is lucky and loved bt everyone around and is a vampire.man hes life is hard.now hes dead its even more stres,hope Katou wll bring him back.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndKurono View Post
    nah he didnt only need sex he needed suport and love like he got from Tae and all those guys in da jurasic mission.they were all gongratulating him,Reika got in love with him,thats what he needed.cause if hes parents hate him and forget about him,hes brother is lucky and loved bt everyone around and is a vampire.man hes life is hard.now hes dead its even more stres,hope Katou wll bring him back.
    Hey I was joking, I know that Kurono´s change wasn´t because he had sex with Sakuraoka before the Buddah mission (though it had some relevance). However his change isn´t only because of the new group supporting him, in fact the new group supports him because he´s changed; they wouldn´t be following the old Kurono as their leader. The real facts that made Kurono change were:
    1-His crush for Kishimoto, that made him tired of the real world and made him want to get back to Gantz. Once there, he felt free and went all out (and having sex with Sakuraoka gave him a plus of confidence. Also Sakuraoka was cheering for him all the mission and even gave her life to protect him). This is when he discovered his strength at the begginning of the Buddah mission.
    2-Kishimoto´s death
    3-Kato´s death
    4-Sakuraoka´s death
    5-Kurono almost dying in the Buddah mission
    2, 3, 4 and 5 affected him tremendously and stopped him from wanting to go to Gantz.
    6-Kurono almost dying in his lonely mission
    7-The shorty alien following him to the real world and killing his classmates. This didn´t seem to worry much Kurono, but it was the final step towards making his relationship with his girl something real.
    6 and 7 made Kurono hit his lowest point in the series...but...
    8-His relationship with his girlfriend growing stronger: this made him care for others and want to survive Gantz to return back to her after every mission.
    That was it, his relationship with his girlfriend is what had more effect on him.

Reika loving him doesn´t have any importance in Kurono´s development, as Kurono only knows it when he is being transferred out of Gantz and freed from it. By that time Kurono had already become the great leader.

I have to say this again: Gantz´s character development is probably the best I´ve seen in any manga

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

agree with u man,but i think that when they will bring Kurono back to life he wont go to Gantz world,to bad.But if something bad happens and Gantz will have to stop some alien who is super strong he would have to bring Kurono back(Izumi to),and that would be cool,hope Katou wont die cause he once didnt fulfill his promise to his brother hope he wont do that again.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Kurono will go back directly to Gantz, he had recovered his memories from the Gantz missions so he could be an exception....anyway, it´s pretty clear that one way or another we´ll have him back Hope it´s really soon, we miss him

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe he dont return.

Would be very interesting if that happens.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

actualy he wasnt killed by the Gantz team,and he died by the hands of da vampires,and this is stupid actualy why didnt he go to the room again,Izumi did KUrono not,crazy.And he didnt teleport to da memory bank the same way Tae did,oh i remeber we were discusing that aliens cant be revived,but no they cant caue its only a bank where humans are only stored.

to bad that Kurono might not comeback.but this is fcuked up realy.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast