Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Best Mission in GantZ?

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Mission in GantZ?

Favourite Mission: Jurrassic Park...Kurono becomes awesome again in front of a lot of people, the characters were great, the dialogue was funny, because the mangaka obviously knows english if you couldnt tell from the slang...then the vamps debut.
    besides some hard core tech, and great battles up to the ultrasaurus. The Osaka mission was too long IMO...at least if you read it on a week to week basis.

Favourite Character: Nurihyuron I see I see!

Favourite Female: Tomb Raider lookalike..

Favourite Male : Countryside General or Host Vampire

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kenshi's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Favourite Mission: Nurarihyon in osaka, those weirds aliens just floating and of all the shapes (yokais) xD And I like it the Inugami, that alien with dog face.

Favourite character: Nishi

Favourite Female: Tae

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Crisis.'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Mission: Buddhist Temple

Favorite character: kuwabara

Favorite Female: kishimoto ( its just funny how almost everyone hates her for the same ignorant reasons that makes no sense. )

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AL_Briton's Avatar
    Country
    Honduras
    Post Thanks / Like

My fav mission would have to be the J Park, great mission, huge aliens, shiny new team and Kurono owns the mission without his suit!!!
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic138827_1.gif

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Mission: Buhdda Mission. By far. Why? Most thrilling. Never has a manga kept me more on the edge of my seat, actually fearing for the well being of characters that could die at any second.

Favorite character: Katou. He's my favorite character because of this mission. poor guy just wanted to save everyone yet he couldn't even save himself.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say that I find the Buddha mission rather boring (especially the first half of that mission-till the giant Buddha got killed)...and I don't even know why!!!
    And I cried when Katou died! <---But this is not the reason why I don't care for that mission.

My favourite Missions are still: Osaka-mission <3, Dinosaur-mission and Oni-mission!=)

Favourite character: Guess who?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, now that I think about it, the Osaka mission did have more badassery in it...

Idk, the Bhudda mission introduced the concept to me that manga/comics/sequential art can be more than just hero saves the day and everyone is happy ever after.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DekkenMinus's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 favorites:

- The Buddha Temple Mission: as other people said, was a turning point in the series and the battle of Katou vs. Final Boss Statue was great.
    - The Osaka Mission: mainly because of it's difficulty and the appearance of Oka, the Mecha and the Advanced Gantz Suit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite mission is either Oni mission or Osaka.

I love the Oni mission because of the story at the time, it was a war and I loved how the vampire group was there and then crosses path and says if you live we will kill you. Plus I love how each character had a fight, reika v that ditto.. kaze against stone, Sataka vs fire mob (Cherry dying was big too) Then I loved how they all fought the final boss, it was fast pace if you read those chapters all at once. The climax was awesome how kurono jumped in from the building then fought it so good. uhhh what else in that mission..hmm oh yeah how kurono was like I want a 100 points, to bring tae back, kato back. Oh plus Reika ditto sex scene lols.
    Then the scoring had everything we saw cherry back, then kato! and nishi. then kurono left and reika did a confession, so it was a huge mission.

Osaka mission was my other favourite by watching how epic Nurai was, like at the time when it was bi weekly waits for next chapter we were like common end already. Reading back on it all at once it's the best and I would love to see a anime done again and have that fight!

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Buddha mission and Osaka mission are equally great

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

jurrasic park is my favorite, I wish they animated that one. The chibi alien and oni mission shoulda been too.

After that I guess the Buddha mission. From Kei getting with Lara Croft, learning his love for kishimoto was shallow and irrelevent, to everyone thinking that had it one to getting killed off one by one by one of the most vicious aliens ever, It was probably the arc that defined the series. But the dino mission was funnier, more fun, and more satisfying so I like it more, its just the Buddha may have been the best so far.

Theres a difference between favorite and best, in that the one I liked the most was Dinosaurs, but the one thats the best foot forward to introduce someone impartial to the series, Id probably have to say Buddha

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is a tie between the Oni and Osaka missions.

Both of those where just pure awesome and had some of the best battles in the manga period.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, I loved the Osaka mission personally. Those three main aliens really looked a set of video game bosses to overcome.

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,for me the Buddha mission is the best one and also the thing that really got me into the series-it was awesome!It had great fighting,dead characters left and right.I thought that Kei will die and Katou will survive,but hell it went completely in another way.
    Kei is transported to the room,realizes that he is the sole survivor of that hell mission.
    The other awesome mission for me is their last before Katastrophe.
    I mean Italy.Foreign country.Dead bodies each step.Aliens everywhere.Baldy for the last time decimated.Inaba killing lots of aliens that were mangling/killing gantz members while playing.Тhen comes the comment while Inaba is showing off in front off Kurono and Katou ''There are some who are destined never to be heroes''.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite mission is the Jurassic mission. It had firebreathing dinosaurs, and introduced a host of new characters with their abilities.

But honestly, the main reason was becuse it was the only mission other than with Vamps that Isumi showed how badass he really could be. He needs to be revived, see how many of the bad guys he can take down now

Epic Brofist!

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast