Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Mission in GantZ?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Mission in GantZ?

There's been plenty of wild action in the series GantZ. Many dangerous, incredibly life-threatening missions that the Black Ball's assigned our "players." Which one so far has been the most memorable for you? Why?

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Mission in GantZ?

The buddha temple mission is one I'll hold dear to my heart. Its the only mission where all my predictions were proven wrong and where Kei learned how weak he really was. Felt sorry for him but there has never been a fight I've found so intense. I hope he gets to fight that buddha again.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Completely agreed there. That mission made the whole series work for me, even though I lost my favorite character in it (permanently, I thought, at first.) And Kei being the sole survivor... whew! Kinda reminiscent of the first Alien movie, where Ripley was the only survivor.

That was the first time I ever felt like any of the characters were in mortal danger, and ever since I've always been gripped by the story twists. I couldn't wait to find out what happened next after that.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's easy to point to the Buddha mission as the turning point for the series, and the point in the story that we realized that no character was safe from harm.

However, I find that I liked the Oni Alien mission a lot too. All of a sudden the aliens became much more humanoid, and regular people could see the Gantzers. I find that I really liked the fight between Kaze and the rock Oni. The fight scenes were off the wall!

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the Oni mission too. The first Oni that came forward, whew, he turned out to be quite a tough customer. Somehow, though, I found the latter Onis to be somewhat disappointing, even the "final boss."

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aladar's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Buddha temple is my favourite.. This was imho most "thrilling" and emotive mission so far.. so much people died here, even that you wouldnt expect to..
    Tell me you've been bad. Nice and clear.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Emery's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, as with everyone else, the Buddha mission.

In a close second, the Dinosaur alien mission. You gotta love the Gantz bike and Izumi's pwnsword.

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm... sure the buddha-mission was the most tragic, intense and most hardcore mission they've done...

but i love the bird-alien mission the best,
    i think that one really did give kei much development.
    and it's just awesome how he managed to own the 'birdboss' although he had no suit

so, bird mission for me

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a good one, too. Although it was kind of annoying that Kurono had to be pushed around so much, though, I guess he had to be in order for him to do anything. I wonder if they would have actually survived that mission if Kurono hadn't taken out the bulk of the bird aliens in one stroke by causing that building to collapse.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vaiobob's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite mission would have to be the dinosaur mission just because it introduced so many great elements. The Gantz bike & sword, the old man, Kurono finally making the jump from fighter to leader, the vampires, and most of all Kurono yelling at a flame-shooting T-Rex when not wearing his suit "I am immortal!!!" That mission just felt wonderful after the buddha and shorty missions that were followed by the massacre. I felt like cheering along with the old man when he shouted "I am like Superman!" The fact that even after it seemed like things couldn't stop getting worse people were able to make it through the mission unharmed at a rate never before matched just gave me the warm & fuzzies inside, something I had never expected from Gantz. That was truly the mission where I began to belive that nothing could be expected. Before you had the guarantee that everyone was just moments from death but despite all that had happened hope was somehow reintroduced.
    Goodbye Tigh's right eye, we hardly knew ye.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Too many good missions that Gantz team has done. But I would choose the Buddha mission or the Dinosaur Mission like everyone here. Those were really good missions.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

in the Budah mission Kei was not himself was killing everyone and my next fav mission was when Kurono fought those dinosours and i liked the last mission in anime it made me cry

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Davox's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The oni mission was definitely the best, the fight between the big boss and the entire team was very entertaining and also the fight between kaze and the earth oni was fantastic. That mission was also great b/c so many people got to 100 points, I also liked it showed that the gantzers really aren't even putting a dent in the alien population I the way the vampires said your using everyone made it clear the gantz doesn't have them wipe out all of the aliens, just all of the aliens in the area.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner putopooche's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll choose the "kill tae kojima mission".. why? because of the twist ..

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the buda mission has 2 be the best mission because thats where kei start 2 realy become the strongest in gantz
    im a hero got damn it nothing can beat me-by kei

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast