Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Alien in GantZ?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Alien in GantZ?

One of the most eye-catching things about GantZ is the remarkable aliens that appear as beasts and monsters. Which has been so far your favorite design in all of the series? How come?

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Alien in GantZ?

The monster who pretended to be Rei and seduced the poser. I remember she was ontop but when the real rei came it grew like 10 breasts and held the pervert as a hostage xD Oh gosh, I never laughed so much after a sex scene.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that was damn weird. I don't blame anybody's eyes for bulging after that. I thought at first it was your typical succubus, but it turned out to be an incubus messing around with a guy. Devilish indeed.

My favorite had to be the 100-armed Buddha though. That was just... I'll never know how Oku was able to draw such a monster so many times. He must have been exhausted after finishing that arc. And man, when it pulled itself back together after the sniper had blown it apart, its eyes were just... you could feel the malevolent fury in its eyes. It was going to get even. I still think to this day that's the one alien in the whole series I'd never want to fight even if I had a GantZ suit on.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I totally agree that was the baddest alien (I put him as my favortite mission.) I thing I don't understand is whether that alien still exists or not. If he does I hope Kei can take him on once more. I still think that this alien is Kei's eventual goal. Sure he wants to revive his friends and family (his vampire brother hopefully) though he also needs to make sure they are no longer at risk by taking on the buddha.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I thought that alien was dead - I mean, he was beheaded, and seemed to be in its death throes. It was just Katou's bad luck that he got killed by its wildly swinging tail afterwards.

I guess being beheaded hasn't stopped other aliens before from surviving though, but the fact that Kei was sent back to the "room" meant the mission was likely over and Katou had killed the alien (unless, of course, the timer ran out... hmm.) But I'd think that Kei would have been given the 15-point requirement warning in the next mission already if that had been the case (unless, you're allowed two failed missions before that).

Ah well, if that buddha alien returns, yikes.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Kappe Alien was just so bizarre that it left an impression on me. His "pet" aliens which had the ability to pose as dinosaurs. A T-Rex that could shoot fireballs out of it's mouth. Three walking bipedal Triceratops. A Brachiosaurus with a giant blade on it's head. Plus it marked the debut of the Gantz bike.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

As for me the one that had the best impression on me-- probably because it made the story soo more interesting and realistic- was the buddha. That was by then i think the best fight the gantz theme had to go through and probably a most pivotal moment for kurono.

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we talking about the 1000-hand buddha?!
    You never look at a buddha the same way again when u go into a temple.
    I think that was the most memorable alien to me! The team was 99% wiped out because of it!
    I just can't get the acid and the dissolved bodies out of my mind for a while!!
    *shudders*

▲Away till end June. ▲

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nami
    Are we talking about the 1000-hand buddha?!
    You never look at a buddha the same way again when u go into a temple.
    I think that was the most memorable alien to me! The team was 99% wiped out because of it!
    I just can't get the acid and the dissolved bodies out of my mind for a while!!
    *shudders*
    yup. I mean who else. That was the alien that really got me glued to Gantz. His role was pretty good for gantz's storyline and plot.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by venicia777
    yup. I mean who else. That was the alien that really got me glued to Gantz. His role was pretty good for gantz's storyline and plot.
    I think the real kicker is that it's debatable whether the 1000-Arms was killed or not. Will it/he/she appear again in the future?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

It almost seems like Gantz is trying to drive certain alien races (or presences) on Earth to extinction (at least on that world). But if they're aliens, that means they're from other worlds - right? Will more come? If they do, then I do expect a return of the 1000-hands buddha at some point, as well as some others.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that someone like Nishi or Izumi would be better equipped to answer that question since they've been in Gantz for a while. It just so happens that we haven't seen the main group run into an alien twice. It would be interesting if that were to happen.

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0
    It just so happens that we haven't seen the main group run into an alien twice. It would be interesting if that were to happen.
    I don't remember the name of the alien, but mission where Kurono lost all his points when he went in alone. We have to see those aliens again.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

These were the Shorty Aliens, heh.

I think these were actually aliens that weren't big threats to humankind, the one that came down when he saw Kurono, he seemed almost to be trying to intimidate him, telling him to go away and leave them alone. He didn't attack right away. It was when Kurono targeted him with his gun that the alien actually started being aggressive, he took that as a deadly threat.

After Kurono killed him, all the other Shorty Aliens wanted revenge.

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I remember what happened, just didn't remember what they were called. Honestly though, those were pretty badass when it comes right down to it. They learned and adapted very well to Kurono's attacks. So much so that he had to hide and let time run out. I thought they were pretty great.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast