Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Alien in GantZ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Davox's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Alien in GantZ?

The current aliens are nice though I still like the oni aliens better. But the fact that they all seem to be based on japanese monster myths makes me wonder if any of the aliens were really aliens or if they were instead just ancient monsters.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

In fact, the Oni are Yokais too.

They are all in the same box.

I guess...or maybe not, the form if Oni aliens were very strange, except for the four "leaders".

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

hey can u remind me who is the oni alien?the one where there was a small alien with leeks

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

They were the targets before this mission.
    Last edited by GAT-X252; April 30, 2007 at 11:57 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The oni were the ones that had four bosses. One was made of stone, one shape shifted, one controlled fire and the big boss was super fast and used lightning. All the normal ones just had like super long arms that looked like tentacles and really long necks

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

amh remind which chapter????

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ssjasper2003's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The 1st is the fire oni, 195 is where he fights & the rest come on from there.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I hated the first aliens specially Onion alien and the singer/chicken one (the one who killed Nishi)...but then it came the temple mission and...whoa! That 1000 arm buddah sure kicks-ass! It was also one of my favourite missions, Kurono went all out, they had some strong fighters (Katou, the sniper guy, the karate master...) and some of the regular Ganzters were starting to make their stand...but they got totally wiped! It really affected the way I saw the missions since this one. Really scary.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0
    I think the Kappe Alien was just so bizarre that it left an impression on me. His "pet" aliens which had the ability to pose as dinosaurs. A T-Rex that could shoot fireballs out of it's mouth. Three walking bipedal Triceratops. A Brachiosaurus with a giant blade on it's head. Plus it marked the debut of the Gantz bike.
    The dinosaurs were good, the final Brachiousarus was really great...but the Kappe alien? It was just so out of place...it totally ruined the atmosphere for me, whenever he appeared he totally crushed the "danger" feeling. Just my opinion...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree the actually Kappe alien was pretty weak, both in terms of appearance and strength. Honestly Kaze took one out with no suit, and if points are any indicator it was extremely weak because Kaze barely got any points for killing it even with the point bonus for not having a suit.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Buddhist Temple Aliens are probably the coolest. The chibi aliens always weirded me out for some reason.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ice Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally like the chibi aliens. The reason why is because because I think it made Kurono along with the readers realize that the aliens were capable of feeling emotions, and that the aliens are probably not evil to begin with.

When you think about it maybe the aliens just want to live on earth like everyone else, but then the people who created Gantz doesn't want them to. It would probably explain why they use people who already died, I could imagine it would be too expensive for any military to keep sending soldiers out to fight them since despite normal soldiers would be better trained to handle the situation (the sniper guy from the budda mission is a good example, a normal person wouldn't do what he did) alot of them would still be killed, they probably use people who end up in the Gantz room because they're expendable.

Now that I think about it does anyone else think that Gantz might be one big conspiracy?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ssjasper2003's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ That is a good argument but with oku having the manga come out bi weekly the info that gets circulated is very small. Especially with some of the chapters that were fillerish in parts.

That sniper guy was insane, he hid inside the grumpy or rowdy aliens head & stabbed the buddha boss. Got killed easily but that was insane.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While I don't find it hard to believe that the aliens want to liv on the earth, the problem is that some of the aliens are too violent and don't seem to be able to coexist with people very well. And I think that they use dead people because they have a goal, a reason to fight and kill aliens, they want to live, where as normal peole wouldn't sacrifice themselves to get a paycheck.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davox View Post
    While I don't find it hard to believe that the aliens want to liv on the earth, the problem is that some of the aliens are too violent and don't seem to be able to coexist with people very well. And I think that they use dead people because they have a goal, a reason to fight and kill aliens, they want to live, where as normal peole wouldn't sacrifice themselves to get a paycheck.
    The only violent aliens we´ve seen were the vampires, all the rest just tried to defend themselves, even the Buddhas. I don´t know what kind of organization (if any) is hiding behind Gantz, but if they just wanted to make Earth peacefully I´m sure they wouldn´t have had any problem in teaming up with the good aliens to get rid of the vampires...so the ones behind Gantz must be some sort of extremists who think that the only good alien is the dead one. Or even a deadlier type of alien, that could explain the amazing technology Gantz uses.

Anyway, I think it´s about time to start giving us some answers, don´t you think? We still know nothing about Gantz, or where the aliens get sent when shot with the Y gun...250 chapters and we´re almost like in chapter 10...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh? Have you been reading the youkai mission thus far? Those aliens are not peaceful in any way.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast