Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What is the Purpose of Gantz?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the Purpose of Gantz?

i think the purpose of gantz is to give people a second chances to live also to kill off the ailen but i wonder y gantz wont let them keep there menmories
    im a hero got damn it nothing can beat me-by kei

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It`s probably so that they won`t tell anyone about gantz and to discourage them from leaving let`s say you spent 1 year in gantz and got 100 points you would probably stay, think about it.

I think gantz is for entertainment purpose where aliens bet on which gantzer stays alive or dies in a mission.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    It`s probably so that they won`t tell anyone about gantz and to discourage them from leaving let`s say you spent 1 year in gantz and got 100 points you would probably stay, think about it.

I think gantz is for entertainment purpose where aliens bet on which gantzer stays alive or dies in a mission.

lol i guess your right if i was there i probely wouldnt want 2 leave but why do they want to leave so bad i understand katuo reason but not the others
    im a hero got damn it nothing can beat me-by kei

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roxas_strife2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Gantz's purpose is to protect humans from extinction due to being killed by alien invaders. Although, the aliens haven't exactly been clear in what the big idea is for them and have been inconsistent. Gantz has, just not in a very direct method. The secrecy makes sense considering Gantz is being manufactured and distributed from a country that is supposed to have limited military resources, and just to make sure that there isn't total chaos from people finding out of course.

I think he uses people who have died because it gives them a second chance at life in exchange for their services. A lot of the boundaries and rules are there for the goal of offing aliens. All the psychology Gantz uses complements this idea too.

There really isn't anything that conflicts with this idea.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

@roxas_strife2 - Well, if the Gantzers are there as a service to Gantz and, by extension, to humanity, why would Gantz not tell them (or force them) to wear the suits, explain what the hell is going on, or give them the better equipments straight up?

It seems more like Gantz is making a sick little game with them, whilst he is ridding the world of aliens.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a high learning curve initially.
    First your mind is blown, the newbies have to accept their reality.
    Then they find out it's a losing game and probably their death bed.
    Finally, it's a test to see what humanities capable of.

If it were defending/doing a specific job, the clues don't point to it being the most effective method.

So I'd guess it's the test of humans.
    Why are they being tested?

I think the aliens think humans are alot of trouble, and they need to earn their planet before they tear their own home apart.

Possibly, right now, the aliens being transfered to Earth, by Gantz, are also troublemaker aliens who failed their Gantz test and are the last remains of their planet. Some of the aliens already on the planet know what's going on and are taking advantage of Earth or are a different aspect of the test.
    Last edited by cassaruby; April 24, 2009 at 10:49 AM.

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Purpose of Gantz

It might sound like a silly idea and someone else might have already had this theory, but after the awakening of the man inside the ball I had an idea about Gantz.

What if everything that the people do do in Gantz gets fed to that man, eg. the experience in killing certain aliens, via the suit that they wear. Maybe these guys are the final super soldiers who will fight against the aliens or whatever in Katastrophe?

Gantz screwing up recently might be something to do with the man becoming more and more conscious inside the ball? Like for some reason, the more conscious they are, the less energy/concentration he has to run Gantz?

Obviously I could have completely missed something which means that this idea would be invalid, but thought I'd share it anyway

EDIT: after reading another post, the microchips in the brain could be used to detect various impulses during the missions, which may be used as "experience" again?
    Last edited by Aeth; May 09, 2009 at 10:49 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4