Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the Purpose of Gantz?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the Purpose of Gantz?

This is the most interesting mystery to me in the whole series, and one that I doubt will be explored thoroughly until the end of the whole story. But we might as well talk about it, and put our thoughts out there.

What is GantZ? He looks like a shaved human being connected to a big ball loaded with weaponry and technicks. Could be an alien. He seems to be invulnerable to all attacks. This guy with his machine is apparently able to revive any one person from memory, and keep all their personality traits, etc, though it can wipe out anybody's memory and restore them to regular life when they've "won the game." (However, it's a little imperfect, so might this affect later revivals?)

Is he a top-secret invention of the government designed in order to help the human race defend themselves against alien invasions? Why is it that nobody can see the aliens most of the time, and they aren't reported to be killing people until the Gantz "soldiers" show up and fight them? Is Gantz also similarly making the aliens invisible (until recently)?

Is it just playing an elaborate, mind-bogglingly destructive game? Is it creating the players and the monsters both, acting as a kind of futuristic DM? (Dungeon Master). Is it the final enemy in the end?

(If that's the case, I don't think the vampires we've seen in the series so far would be part of its creations, because they appear to always be around.)

Just some thoughts. What do you think?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the Purpose of Gantz?

It may very well be that in the end Gantz is the enemy, and the aliens are just another creation of it. Is each Black Ball operating on it's own, or are they all connected in some way? If it becomes apparent that this is the case, how will the Gantzers fight back? They'll have to find out Gantz's origin, all the while still fighting for their lives in missions. The Vampires are by no means good guys, but maybe their plan to destroy Gantz wasn't so threatening to the Gantzers after all. Maybe the Vampires view the Gantz team members as collaborators in Gantz's plans, and don't realize that they are being forced to fight.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

there still are the international gantz teams.izumi and nishi know something that ties all teams together. the Gantz in germany has a cult following so its probably the central ball. Vampires will be added more and more in the storyline. the final target will the gantz and it will be defeated. But to go along with the sadistic nature of the manga, when people think its all over, another ball will show up repeating the cycle.
    &quot;Take this: My love, my anger, AND ALL OF MY SORROW!!!&quot;<br />-Domon Kasshu, G-Gundam

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0
    It may very well be that in the end Gantz is the enemy, and the aliens are just another creation of it. Is each Black Ball operating on it's own, or are they all connected in some way? If it becomes apparent that this is the case, how will the Gantzers fight back? They'll have to find out Gantz's origin, all the while still fighting for their lives in missions. The Vampires are by no means good guys, but maybe their plan to destroy Gantz wasn't so threatening to the Gantzers after all. Maybe the Vampires view the Gantz team members as collaborators in Gantz's plans, and don't realize that they are being forced to fight.
    I think that's definitely the case there xi0. I think the Vampires are going to be very surprised by how the Black Ball actually forces these people to fight the aliens, etc., and they're going to end up being allies. I think they were always under the mistaken impression that the GantZers were some kind of vampire hunter group that had been fighting because they wanted to.

Though the vampires definitely are bad guys in the end, too...

Quote Originally Posted by BRIONICMAN
    there still are the international gantz teams.izumi and nishi know something that ties all teams together. the Gantz in germany has a cult following so its probably the central ball. Vampires will be added more and more in the storyline. the final target will the gantz and it will be defeated. But to go along with the sadistic nature of the manga, when people think its all over, another ball will show up repeating the cycle.
    Yeah, that cult following is something that I think will come up later. Must be similar cases happening over there.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Davox's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I for some reason think that Gantz is also an unwilling participant I mean when ever people show up he says "your lives belong to me or that is how it is supposed to work" that is definitely uncertainty. That and for some reason Gantz just doesn't seem real to me that guy in the ball is I think just their like an energy source.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it might be a ultimate weapon that made by the goverment to protect the world from alliens....

it might be just a stupid game , like a maniac likes to play....

or it might be a guy that gives people second chances , cause people dont like dieing....

he is from one side a bad guy and a good guy,and u know why the weapons dont effect him cause he made them he can teleport them from place to place he inplants bombs into heads , so he can make those guns be efective or not

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the whole thing makes no sense and GANTZ was only created for showing us the side of humanity, that we would never have expected.

I think the Manga will end with the Aliens winning against the whole GANTZ-Organisation in a big 50 Chapter Fight with many tragic scenes and so on.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Stupid Newb's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the buhuddist priest was right, and they all are dead and this is a test to see whether they are worthy of heaven/paradise. Or maybe the Gantz is just as trapped as they are and something else is controlling him in a similar way...
    Im looking for a J-tab site PM me with info plz!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Gantz really is just a sick game and all the aliens have been created by it.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

A sick game created by God Like Aliens...
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vancyer's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

its probably come under discussion before but what if...and this may seem crazy....

the aliens were in an alien version of gantz. and by killing gantzers they won points? like gantz for aliens....that would be very interesting and cool

kinda

Xbox Live GT: BonelessEight

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm..IMO they are just Livestock, created with the only purpose to be hunted.

But they can do whatever they want until that moment...
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vancyer's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

they could play uno

but seriously,

i suppose your are right, but it would have been a nice twist. ohh and i think after the osaka mission we will finally get some closire to the whole black ball situation. but does anyone have any more info on that the hell is going on in germany

ohh and sorry for the illedgible typing. its really late and i'm tired.

Xbox Live GT: BonelessEight

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think more of an extinct race of humanoid aliens, out to get revenge on the other species and at the same time protecting Human Beings.
    President Netero/My D-A account!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I Think Gantz (or his race of gantz people) were the creators of life kind of like Gods, and this is them enjoying their power, or maybe to restore some kind of balance

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast