Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is the Purpose of Gantz?

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member IStillDontKnow's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the Purpose of Gantz?

I can't believe Gantz came to earth because he would do that. I think he was sent by someone (or a organization), like a mission, and the purpose of this mission is cleaning the earth from the aliens, until no alien is left. The aliens are livestock, of course, and they surely came from another world (Some of them can't breathe oxygen O.O). What do they want in this world? Who the fuck knows??? Maybe a new chance to start life (Look at Onion, with his father *_*)
    and maybe to start secret empires (Nurarihyon, with right and left arm, and the 1 point slaves), or even maybe to stay in crews (Shorty aliens). There are still the ones that feel more safe hiding (Buddist aliens as statues, Dinos as reptile models in a museum), and last, the ones that looks like humans (Oni aliens), and join the world civilization.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you really think there is a planet of Aliens with onion heads?
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fistsofrage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think gantz was created from alien tech found by the government because I don't think that humanity(in the manga) is capable of the kind of feats gantz has been showing us. Basicly I think gantz is a protype form of defense the government was able to come up with based on alien tech that they discovered and they are using people who's lives they consider to have already ended as test subjects for their discoveries. If im right with all the reporters around and people questioning the black balls existence it shouldn't be long before we're able see to the people pulling the strings behind the gantz operation.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we will get a couple of answers from Oka after this mission.

He was created for that purpose, but I hope he dies afterwards, coward.
    President Netero/My D-A account!

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

A Brave man would be dead right now, and we don't know if he is coming back or not...and his dead would really suck IMO.

He is the most interesting chapter right now, he may have more info than Nishi...i'm waiting the end of this mission just to see Osaka Team score.

Specially the Funny faces.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fistsofrage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheGenius View Post
    I think we will get a couple of answers from Oka after this mission.

He was created for that purpose, but I hope he dies afterwards, coward.
    I don't think Oka's a coward...he just doesn't like playing hero. He could take nuri on if he wanted but he really doesn't like the idea of risking his life for other people at the moment. I think he realized that nuri was more dangerous than he originally thought and decided that he didn't want to put in the effort necessary to kill him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Its easy,Gantz purpose is to protect humanity,there must be a hidden reason why do these aliens keep visiting out planet..but i think its just to protect the planet and he doesnt care how you do it as long as you do it and as long as you keep it a secret or else BOOM!

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member IStillDontKnow's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Do you really think there is a planet of Aliens with onion heads?
    After i saw dreamcatcher, my friend, i started to think there are planets of aliens with female-siberian husky-brown left eye-blue right eye-only one ear heads, and pig-panda-armadillo body! lol

Specially the Funny faces.
    Funny faces totally rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Kurono View Post
    Its easy,Gantz purpose is to protect humanity,there must be a hidden reason why do these aliens keep visiting out planet..but i think its just to protect the planet and he doesnt care how you do it as long as you do it and as long as you keep it a secret or else BOOM!
    With a few words you said everything i would read.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fistsofrage View Post
    I don't think Oka's a coward...he just doesn't like playing hero. He could take nuri on if he wanted but he really doesn't like the idea of risking his life for other people at the moment. I think he realized that nuri was more dangerous than he originally thought and decided that he didn't want to put in the effort necessary to kill him.
    True it was a little too much...It's a very cold way of surviving. He must've seen 100 of Gantzers passing through the game.
    President Netero/My D-A account!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A Brave man would be dead right now
    kuwabara was the bravest of them all and he's still alive. until oka rapes nura's nasty, currently decomposing form (eyes and anus are probably the only viable routes left), i will see him as a total failure. i suppose i could accept him if he also pulled something off like george did against the doggy. oh, george, why did you have to go and get your head squeezed off by a pile of interlocking breasts?
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    kuwabara was the bravest of them all and he's still alive.
    He was sick. that is not a demostration of valor, that is a demostration of perversion...when he saw Nuri, he didn't saw a 100 pointer, he saw a giant women made of a lot of women.

IMO George is bravest than Kuwabara...

Even if Kato succeded with the Gantz Sword...it would be the same...Nuri can regenerate himself over and over. In the next chapter he is going to regenerate again and gain some really ugly ability and is going to kick Kaze's ass.
    Last edited by GAT-X252; May 30, 2008 at 10:35 PM.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm sorry but skull f'ing something that can bite off half your body qualifies as brave, even if it was motivated by perversion. i believe that you are mistaking bravery with courage, since the actions of george and kuwabara could never be classified as courageous. and now, someone will criticize me for caring too much about semantics.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    i'm sorry but skull f'ing something that can bite off half your body qualifies as brave...
    No, no, no...IMO he was not thinking in those things when he f'ked Nuri, he was out of his mind because he is a sex addict doing what an addicts does.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

bravery is being afraid but still going through with it. A good example is katou approaching nuri laying on the ground when he is scared shitless.
    ==========================================================================

anyways here's my idea of what gantz is all about:

All the 'aliens' we've seen the hunters fight were all creations of Gantz. This also includes the vampires and every rediculous conception we've seen (Keyword is rediculous, it's insulting to my intelligence that there are aliens living on our planet which happen to represent monsters in popular myth. It's just way too convenient and not very believable). It is likely that the psychics as well as vampires are creations made by Gantz. All the technology we've seen from the hunter side represents the technology of Gantz.

Why does Gantz make dead people play this stupid game?

Well I believe the game is actually a experimental simulation of warfare using the most cutting-edge gantz technology & weaponry. The poor hunters are simply lab rats. The reason why gantz only takes in dead people is because even the Gantz people adhere to a experimental code of ethics. The loophole in the code of ethics is that they are not allowed to experiment of living beings so instead they get around this by copying blueprints (DNA) before people die and reproducing their bodies for the sake of the experiment.

why do i think so?

Though this idea might seem 'out there' to some of you it is evidensed by the very fact that Gantz has NEVER taken in any person that has not been killed. For one reason or the other Gantz can ONLY make hunters from people that died. The reason I implicated a code of ethics for Gantz is because this is a reasonable explanation as to why gantz only seems to copy bodies of dead people. Gantz has shown that he has the technology to copy people, but he NEVER goes after people that are still alive!

The most simple, reasonable explanation is that Gantz does not have the freedom to photocopy bodies from genes of people that are still alive. From this we can deduce that there is a higher power in the hierarchy which gantz adheres to and it all makes sense if Gantz is actually a scientist adhering to a code of ethics.

Though the gantz is advanced in science his/their morality is probably very skewed. Gantz must have some arbitrary definition on what life is considered precious and what isnt. Apparantly a clone's life isn't worth much to Gantz people. In any case, I have strong reason to believe gantz is adhering to a code of ethics for what end Im not exactly certain.

what is Gantz????

Their technology suggest they are NOT people from the present day Earth. That leaves 2 possibilities, humans from the distant future OR aliens with superior technology. Since Gantz assumes a humanoid form the former may seem likely but it's really a toss up. I have to argue against time travelers because from my understanding killing people in osaka and in other parts of japan would disrupt the normal flow of time and create a paradox. Maybe someone can explain to me current theories that apply to these situations. My understanding is that disrupting the past disrupts the future.....so Gantz would cease to exist? I think I'll go with aliens....but it's a toss up at this point, ill need to think about this more another time!
    Last edited by FRANKYHOUSE!!; June 03, 2008 at 03:06 AM.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Gantz has shown that he has the technology to copy people, but he NEVER goes after people that are still alive!
    In fact, it seems he goes after people who are about to die..but sometimes they don't die like Kishimoto...and then it's all f'ked up XD

I don't think is a simulation, IMO is like a game...the "Aliens" like to watch us fight with those strange beings or they just want to mess with us...XD

I think they are too evolved, they should see us just like we see the insects...

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast