Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sports Hang-Out Thread!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Sport Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JanneK
    Nope, I hate soccer, no offense! It´s just so boring. People running to get to the ball, and when they get it, they kick it away just to start the chase all over again! Again, no offense, I also like silly things!
    Hehe, I absolutely agree with you, believe it or not. I've never really been able to watch an entire game of soccer. But the sport is great, I play all the time. When my friends start talking about players and games I just get confused, tough, lol. That's why I kind of want to learn more about soccer; to hold an interesting conversation. I hate to be the guy that just stands there and pretends he understands what the others are talking about

And hockey is the only sport I watch too! It's fast and furious XD

Go habs!

The only sport that I really hate watching is baseball, sowwy all you baseball fans
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.<br /><br />

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rampages

And hockey is the only sport I watch too! It's fast and furious XD

Go Finland!
    I cannot describe in words how much I agree with you.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I also don't like to watch soccer either. It's incredibly boring to sit in front of your TV and see the players running around....I like Basketball better to watch (and to play).

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

lollll

how dare you quote me saying "Go Finland" ?

Remove that right away!
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.<br /><br />

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't enjoy watching basketball all that much either - it's one of these sports I would probably enjoy playing more than watching, just like soccer.

Now, American football on the other hand... *heaven*

I enjoy hockey too.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys...
    I like soccer so much...
    I like arsenal and liverpool.. rooting them to gain their place (liverpool 2nd, arsenal 4th) in premier league..
    expecting so much out of this year's world cup..
    rooting for Japan and Brazil..
    go! beat Australia!

and i played softball back in singapore, don't really like it.. i prefer baseball though..

and footies.. urgh.. footies in australia (both NFL and Aussie Rule) are just excuses to drink beer... man, no one was sober when they left the stadium..then the drunks started fighting in the city, bus, pubs, etc... don't have anything against the sport though...very physical but i don't really see much technique.. but i do like eyeshield 21 though

the reason i liked soccer because it's beautiful and consists of all sorts of quality.. physical, technical, and strategical...

basketball..humm..used to like it but gets boring nowadays.. don't pay much attention to it anymore...

i played tennis when i was 6-11...
    haha.. you know when you're a kid, you have to hit with all your power to get to the other side...
    so i stopped playing for 10 years already now... and just yesterday my GF's dad asked me to play with him...
    my god... i hit the ball with no power at all... it was a homerun...

*MANGA*
    Uhm, about soccer mangas...i have lots of them... Captain Tsubasa, Whistle, Our field of dream, Striker, Offside, Shoot! (all sagas), Fantasista, Monaco no Sorae, (one women soccer manga which i forgot the title..Bean? i think...)
    i can say the best one out of all those are Fantasista.... realistic, technical, and strategical... very recommended! too bad no one's doing the scanlation.. (i do have the paper copy from the start till the end 1-25, really2 wanna start a scanlation project, but time and resources don't allow me to..)
    Our Bot, who art in IRC, hallowed be thy nick. Thy xdcc come, Thy send be accepted, on our script as it is in normal mIRC. Give us this day our daily manga, and forgive us our leechings. As we forgive n00bs who pestered us a lot. Do not lead us into downtime, but deliver us from Yaoi. AMEN

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karasu
    *MANGA*
    Uhm, about soccer mangas...i have lots of them... Captain Tsubasa, Whistle, Our field of dream, Striker, Offside, Shoot! (all sagas), Fantasista, Monaco no Sorae, (one women soccer manga which i forgot the title..Bean? i think...)
    i can say the best one out of all those are Fantasista.... realistic, technical, and strategical... very recommended! too bad no one's doing the scanlation.. (i do have the paper copy from the start till the end 1-25, really2 wanna start a scanlation project, but time and resources don't allow me to..)
    There is a thread about this: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1393.0
    You may want to take a look.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!(american) play it & watch GK your a man after my own heart.
    Snowbording but I can only do that in the winter. But the upside is I can skate in the summer
    Walk softly and carry deaths&#039; scythe.

Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KTFS
    Snowbording but I can only do that in the winter.
    Snowboarding is so much fun! Can you do any certain trix?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanneK
    Snowboarding is so much fun! Can you do any certain trix?
    Yesir indy grab (first trick I ever learned),ollies,backside 180,360 it took me forever to do(i've tried a 720 about 10 times and made it once. It hurt the 9 times i missed) the funny part is I can do a haaken flip not perfect but I can do it.  Anyway so how about you ? Do you board if so what trix do you do?

Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I do board, and I LOVE IT.

I can do ollies, 360, rail and from there 180/360 (though I usually fail :P) , and a simple grab. Then there's 1 more but I dont know if they have any specific names ;___;

Next time I´ll go boarding I´ll try to do some trix at the half-pipe, If I dont chicken out like last time

Post Thanks / Like

boarding is the sport of the brave I alway say and your are. All that really happens is you fall but get right back up. And when you do the trix right you feel like your on cloud 9. Man i wish it snow now I wanna go boarding...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dEr HüHnChEnBeScHwÖrEr's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to do Ninjutsu a kind of martial art (like bibichan...we have training in the same dojo ) and I'm general interested in martial art.
    Also I do Batminton

I like to do all kind of sport...maybe volleyball is the sport I don't like so much xD

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer tennis over badminton, it's much more challenging, IMO!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bibichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage-san
    I prefer tennis over badminton, it's much more challenging, IMO!
    Actually, it's a researched fact that badminton is more exhausting than tennis.
    badminton > squash > tennis
    But it's probably subjective as well. I prefer squash.

New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast