Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sports Hang-Out Thread!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Sport Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki-dono
    Rampage, you total nut! Be careful!
    Yeah, I will, and I hope I recover in time for my job next week

Today's the hockey finals between Carolina and Oilers, btw!
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.<br /><br />

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brede
    i was always the last one picked for teams - basketball, softball, soccer. very bad hand-eye-feet coordination. in my final year...there were only 11 in my class. guess who was the veteran 'Reserve' for all team events? So, i ended up going for track and field events like the sprints. Loved the 100m sprints. But back in those days...we didn't really pay much attention to warm-ups or stretches or such. just get on the track and run your heart out ended up injuring my (L) knee from one sport meet. nowadays i stick to aero/gym work-outs. plan to pick up yoga soon.
    You're lucky at least you get picked you for teams . Me, I was never on the list at all and yes, I also end up going for track and field events but I do the 400m & 200m relay race.

Back in the old days (approx. 11 years ago), I'll usually riding my mountain bike to the local palm oil plantation sometimes covering up to 30 kilometres a day. It's fun back then coz It's between me and the surroundings. But since I've got a two wheels with engine, I've started to go out of shape (easily get tired etc). I miss the old days very much *sigh*.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brede's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Macan
    But since I've got a two wheels with engine, I've started to go out of shape (easily get tired etc). I miss the old days very much *sigh*.
    lol...that's 'progress' for you.

@ rampage: *at lost for words* you going out for the 'most injuries of the year' award or something?!? take care of yourself! its not like we can pick up spare parts for this body of ours get better real soon!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

lol...that's 'progress' for you.
    Yeah, 'progress' alright, a troublesome one that is.

@ rampage: *at lost for words* you going out for the 'most injuries of the year' award or something?!? take care of yourself! its not like we can pick up spare parts for this body of ours get better real soon!
    I guess maybe he's going for the award.

@rampage: I hope you'll get better soon and don't add more injuries to your body. Like Brede said, there's no spare parts for our body.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, be more careful there Rampages.

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not very 'up' on baseball, but I root for the Braves whenever I get the chance, seeing as my father hails from Georgia. Anyone want to tell me why the heck they're playing sooooooo badly this year?

*sigh* I always root for the losing team, it seems. Doens't matter what sport it is: soccer, football, baseball, hockey...My team always ends up losing. And as soon as I start rooting for another team, the one I switched from begins to win. Dang it.

I also found out today that I might have patellar tendinitis. *sigh* I have no luck.

Off to go moap in self-pity.
    <3

I'm back :3

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an obsessed Braves fan friend who would probably tell you all about it. Living in East Tennessee, there are a lot of Braves fans around here. I'm a Cubs fan though. Which isn't much better this year (which isn't unusual).

Patellar tendinitis? >< Take it easy...[br]Posted on: July 19, 2006, 09:09:33 PM_________________________________________________* * *

Here's what my Braves-obsessed friend says:

Josh (12:45:41 AM): Our bullpen blows ass
    Josh (12:45:50 AM): and we're tied for the ML lead in blown saves
    Josh (12:45:54 AM): That's the answer right there
    Josh (12:46:06 AM): we have 20 blown saves
    Josh (12:46:07 AM): 20!!!
    Josh (12:47:31 AM): If we won the division it wouldn't be making history thou, so I guess it can still happen

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Still...they used to be so great, but now my friends harass me about rooting for the worst team.

Oh well. I didn't realize the braves had 20 blown saves. sheesh. That's ridiculous.

Maybe next year? *sigh* Not with my luck.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

If your friends harass you about the Braves losing, it's just because they've been waiting so long for it to happen. The Braves have always pulled through to make the playoffs on an every year basis, and you know what that breeds? Jealousy for fans that don't like the Braves.

Now, harassment for the Cubs losing... that's different for some reason, more like friendly joking, because we go thru it every damn year XD

[Trial]

Abused Boy: *sniff*
    Judge: Who would you like to be your new guardians?
    Abused Boy: The Cubs.
    Judge: What? Why the Cubs?
    Abused Boy: They can't beat anybody.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    [Trial]

Abused Boy: *sniff*
    Judge: Who would you like to be your new guardians?
    Abused Boy: The Cubs.
    Judge: What? Why the Cubs?
    Abused Boy: They can't beat anybody.
    OMG...lol. It took me a second to get it, but that's funny! lol. Maybe one day the Cubs will make it to the playoffs.

Maybe.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

The Red Sox did win.

So there's hope yet. Damn the Curse of the Billy Goat.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So there's hope yet. Damn the Curse of the Billy Goat.

Any NFL predictions, since it's coming up soon? I'm rooting for the Colts this year. Peyton Manning is great

I'll probably root for the Falcons, too, but...I don't know how well they're going to do. We'll see soon enough, I suppose.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, you're a NFL fan too? Can I move to Virginia and marry you already?

When I wasn't modding the Naruto Avenue, I was best known at NF for my NFL Predictions threads on a weekly basis over in their Sports forum. If there's enough interest here, I'll definitely do it again. I'm also rooting for the Colts as well, this year. Peyton Manning is from my university, I've met the guy, and he's one of the main people who really got me interested into playing football. He's practically a legend in my area. So yeah, I'd like to see him win the big one sometimes. However I am actually a Titans fan, but I don't see much happening for them this year as Vince Young is just a rookie and will probably sit this year out. I'm just hoping that Coach Jeff Fisher will manage to do well enough that he'll keep his job, because they shouldn't fire him for the bad job the GM has been doing.

As for the Falcons, they're always in it as long as they've got Vick. Their problem is the playoffs, where they'll run into teams too three-dimensional to let an one-man show stop them, so they have to have weapons around Vick.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, you're a NFL fan too? Can I move to Virginia and marry you already?
    Sure XD

I love the NFL. It's so much fun to watch. My dad used to play football, and I really enjoy sitting in the living room with him on monday nights and the game. My mom and brother aren't really interested in football, so it's kinda our "father-daughter" time together.

Quote Quote:
    When I wasn't modding the Naruto Avenue, I was best known at NF for my NFL Predictions threads on a weekly basis over in their Sports forum. If there's enough interest here, I'll definitely do it again.
    I'm definently interested. Count me in

Quote Quote:
    I'm also rooting for the Colts as well, this year. Peyton Manning is from my university, I've met the guy, and he's one of the main people who really got me interested into playing football. He's practically a legend in my area. So yeah, I'd like to see him win the big one sometimes.
    Lucky. He's my favorite in the NFL. He's really talented, and seems like a nice guy, as a opposed to some of those other NFL players. I've rooted for the Colts the last two years in hopes they'd get to the Superbowl and win, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe this year is the lucky year.

Quote Quote:
    However I am actually a Titans fan, but I don't see much happening for them this year as Vince Young is just a rookie and will probably sit this year out. I'm just hoping that Coach Jeff Fisher will manage to do well enough that he'll keep his job, because they shouldn't fire him for the bad job the GM has been doing.

As for the Falcons, they're always in it as long as they've got Vick. Their problem is the playoffs, where they'll run into teams too three-dimensional to let an one-man show stop them, so they have to have weapons around Vick.
    I don't really follow the Titans, but it sucks about the coach. What exactly has the GM been doing?

Yeah, Georgia has Vick, but that's about it. Maybe the rest of the team will figure it out and step up their game this year. It's been about 7 years since they went to the superbowl. I'd like to see them back again.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHatake
    Sure XD

I love the NFL. It's so much fun to watch. My dad used to play football, and I really enjoy sitting in the living room with him on monday nights and the game. My mom and brother aren't really interested in football, so it's kinda our "father-daughter" time together.

I'm definently interested. Count me in
    Problem is, I don't think there's many NFL fans here at MH. More like soccer lovers. Ah well, we can always exchange PMs if nothing else

Winner gets to have the wedding in his/her home state

Quote Quote:
    Lucky. He's my favorite in the NFL. He's really talented, and seems like a nice guy, as a opposed to some of those other NFL players. I've rooted for the Colts the last two years in hopes they'd get to the Superbowl and win, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe this year is the lucky year.
    It was only the briefest of meetings, but I can assure you that he's not fake at all. The funny thing is I actually know another NFL quarterback named Chad Pennington, from when I was in middle school. He plays for the Jets. His father used to be my PE teacher, and his mother worked in the same high school as my own mom. Oddest thing is the new place that we are moving to, we just found out we are the Penningtons' neighbors (both Chad's parents and grandparents) and Chad has his vacation house there. It's crazy. But anyway, Chad is another guy who's pretty cool as well. Both Peyton and Chad are absolute football fanatics, though.

One problem with his family though... his dad's awesome, but my mom and his mom don't get along. Apparently Chad's mom always talked about Chad like the "perfect son," and my mom did likewise about me... so naturally there were some sparks. So, gah. XD

There are also like four NFL players right now who I've played against or known in college: John Henderson (he's a 6'8" 300 lbs. monster!) of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Jason Witten (tight end) of the Dallas Cowboys ( I played against both of them in high school playoffs ), Gibril Wilson (up and coming DB) of the New York Giants, and Cedric Houston ( RB ) of the New York Jets ( both from my college ). A really good buddy of mine is playing running back for the Auburn Tigers right now, but I don't know if he'll make it to the NFL.

Quote Quote:
    I don't really follow the Titans, but it sucks about the coach. What exactly has the GM been doing?
    He's been mismanaging the salary cap... a good GM will always try to keep his veteran players. We've let Eddie George and now Steve McNair go, and these two guys were the foundation of our team for the last 10 years. These two guys took us to the Super Bowl. They deserved better than they got. Yes, George was slowing down, and McNair got hurt all the time, but they were still the heart and soul of our team. When you let the heart and soul go, what's left?

Not only that, but we've been losing important players every year, and it seems like they're putting way too much pressure on our rookies to step up and take over. Which leads to our rookies being discouraged. It's just a no win situation.

I still love the Titans, but if Coach Jeff Fisher goes, I'll probably have to pick another team. I'm not really so much a team fan as I am a coach/player fan in the NFL. (The Cubs are enough for me...)

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, Georgia has Vick, but that's about it. Maybe the rest of the team will figure it out and step up their game this year. It's been about 7 years since they went to the superbowl. I'd like to see them back again.
    Yeah. Well, Vick may have his best team yet, actually, so we'll see.

New Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast